Obsessive compulsive disorder gets worse because of corona

123flower

Apr 22, 2012
✟25,520.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I really need help and prayers. Since the outbreak of the virus in my country I wash my hands more often for the silliest things. I have rituals and patterns that i have to keep or else i feel my hands are dirty again. If i accidentally touch my eyes of lips i have to wash my face thoroughly with soap. I just have washed my towels but i keep using my new fresh towels so im so quickly out of towels again. My face and hands are dry and i have to moister them the whole time. I have prayed and i cant take it anymore. Chances are small i get the virus because im not old and dont have an illness but this washing the whole time is making me desperate. I cant live like this anymore....

Reactions: John42

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have rituals and patterns that i have to keep or else i feel my hands are dirty again.
If you are following set ways that are not the correct way of washing your hands, then it is possible that they are indeed still dirty!!!!

In case you are letting this coronavirus thing get the better of you, this could have you distracted and worrying so you are not able to do your sanitary safety things really correctly. We need to stay prayerful with God so we can do things caringly and wisely.

Jesus says, "without Me you can do nothing," in John 15:5. Only with Christ can we have the strength with wisdom to do things right.

Chances are small i get the virus because im not old
According to the authorities who have been informing me, any age person can get COVID-19. So, if my info is correct . . . you are making things up if you suppose you don't have much chance of getting it.

But your chances can be small or not at all, if you do things correctly to take care of yourself. And it won't matter if your hands feel dirty, if you know you have followed the correct procedure for hand washing. You will know those feelings are a lie.

But in case you are following a procedure that you made up, it could be your hands are not clean.

So, I have prayed and checked with public health authorities about how to take care of myself. You can check what the CDC and WHO say, and follow the directions. Also, possibly there are directives for how to keep yourself safe if you are out where other people are. And I would say if you go out, wash your hands as soon as you come home . . . the way the CDC is saying to wash.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really need help and prayers. Since the outbreak of the virus in my country I wash my hands more often for the silliest things. I have rituals and patterns that i have to keep or else i feel my hands are dirty again. If i accidentally touch my eyes of lips i have to wash my face thoroughly with soap. I just have washed my towels but i keep using my new fresh towels so im so quickly out of towels again. My face and hands are dry and i have to moister them the whole time. I have prayed and i cant take it anymore. Chances are small i get the virus because im not old and dont have an illness but this washing the whole time is making me desperate. I cant live like this anymore....

In Jesus name rebuke the spirit of fear that is making you so fearful. Stop watching the news or anything negative during this time. Instead listen to some encouraging christian message and good worship music. I prefer the maranatha singers to the present day ones. Trust in the Lord. Instead of wasting time sanitizing yourself recite Psalm 91 over yourself more and more and God will give you peace as you abide more in Him. God Bless You.

Reactions: John42
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you using eyewash? (tongue in cheek). As eyes are very vulnerable to contracting viruses. Prayer and trust would go much further IMHO.

Upvote 0