Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We had a visitor to our forum (and there may be others!) who was interested in Yom Kippur so I thought it would be nice to have a thread to share how we all observe Yom Kippur, what it means to us, etc. Please share! Thanks!

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The MJ Synagogue I attend frequently has Kol Nidre services on erv Yom Kippur and general services for the full day on Yom Kippur, so I will attend those. I will attempt the 24hr fast as best as possible, but as I have mild hypoglycemia it can be a problem to go that long without any food.

Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We had a visitor to our forum (and there may be others!) who was interested in Yom Kippur so I thought it would be nice to have a thread to share how we all observe Yom Kippur, what it means to us, etc. Please share! Thanks!
Maybe someone could explain what Yom Kippur is about and how it relates to Yeshua. Maybe give the scriptures that command Yom Kippur.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Maybe someone could explain what Yom Kippur is about and how it relates to Yeshua. Maybe give the scriptures that command Yom Kippur.
Varying opinions but I will give you mine.
I see it relating to Yeshua in the Heavenly courts as our High Priest that day, on earth as it is in heaven. On earth it is the outside the sanctuary where the congregation is... in heaven where Yeshua is officiating as our High Priest... Cleansing the sanctuary, booting Satan out of heaven. Cleansing the sanctuary, all sins are removed from sanctuary. and at the end of Yom Kippur in Heaven, we have been cleansed of all unrighteousness, sealed. The Wedding service complete as we have been united with Him fully transformed.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status