Logan City
✟756,751.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
check in and say what you've been doing and/or looking forward to doing in the faith

from thoughts on mass, goals, prayers, choir practice, alter service, homily's, and anything else that strikes you to check in with regrading your daily journey in the faith

Most of my service has to do with the St Vincent de Paul Society, and to some extent my job (community transport), along with a few other bits and pieces.

I need to be spend a lot more time in the spiritual sense (Prayer, meditation, Bible study etc), get down to doing some serious writing, and get more organised. I suppose the last sums it up best - get more organised.

Plus my usual pet sins. I don't know about you, but very time I front up for reconciliation it's the same old boring sins - I think the priest knows what I'm going to say before I open my mouth. He probably has to stifle a yawn after I'm gone.

Which reminds me of my old Protestant pastor commenting to us once that whenever unmarried couples went to him for counselling following a split, he "could just about put it on a CD and play it back to you" viz. "He feels trapped" and "She feels used".

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
tumblr_oqlkojV61n1tbdrfmo1_500.gif

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
@zono1, I love your avatar. What a beautiful picture of our Mother. :)

A few things going on for me right now:

I've been feeling some worry at times about confession. I have not gone in a very long time. I don't think I have committed any mortal sins, but I still wonder if I should be going more often. The problem is, not only am I unable to get to my parish these days, but I have so much shyness and anxiety that I don't know if I could even handle it. It doesn't help that I have never even met the priest because our parish got a new priest since the last time I went to Mass there. Can we still confess our sins directly to God at home? Recently I prayed for forgiveness and I felt a reassuring feeling that my sins were forgiven. But I can't help but feel bad about not going to confession.

I did finally get to go to Mass again last month, and it wasn't too hard. But it was a funeral Mass for my grandmother, which was sad.

Trying to remember to ask those in Heaven and deceased loved ones, whether they be in Heaven or in Purgatory, to pray for me more often.

It has been hard for me to spend much time in OBOB recently for several reasons.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@zono1, I love your avatar. What a beautiful picture of our Mother. :)

A few things going on for me right now:

I've been feeling some worry at times about confession. I have not gone in a very long time. I don't think I have committed any mortal sins, but I still wonder if I should be going more often. The problem is, not only am I unable to get to my parish these days, but I have so much shyness and anxiety that I don't know if I could even handle it. It doesn't help that I have never even met the priest because our parish got a new priest since the last time I went to Mass there. Can we still confess our sins directly to God at home? Recently I prayed for forgiveness and I felt a reassuring feeling that my sins were forgiven. But I can't help but feel bad about not going to confession.

I did finally get to go to Mass again last month, and it wasn't too hard. But it was a funeral Mass for my grandmother, which was sad.

Trying to remember to ask those in Heaven and deceased loved ones, whether they be in Heaven or in Purgatory, to pray for me more often.

It has been hard for me to spend much time in OBOB recently for several reasons.
Do get to Confession, Multi. It's a grace from God, and if at all possible, go. The Church is more than praying at home. We can do that, if, say, we're in some regime where the Church is forced underground, but if we have access to the Mass and to the Sacraments, we should go, and recieve.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Do get to Confession, Multi. It's a grace from God, and if at all possible, go. The Church is more than praying at home. We can do that, if, say, we're in some regime where the Church is forced underground, but if we have access to the Mass and to the Sacraments, we should go, and recieve.
:( I'm getting scared. I can't seem to make it to confession and I get so nervous talking to the priest. I don't know how to word my sins or if I even would remember them all after all this time. I feel uncomfortable saying prayers (like the Act of Contrition) out loud. It's so hard for me, but I don't want to be in a bad state because I can't go either. If I wasn't so weird it would be much easier.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:( I'm getting scared. I can't seem to make it to confession and I get so nervous talking to the priest. I don't know how to word my sins or if I even would remember them all after all this time. I feel uncomfortable saying prayers (like the Act of Contrition) out loud. It's so hard for me, but I don't want to be in a bad state because I can't go either. If I wasn't so weird it would be much easier.
Make a list before you go. Have it in your hands, read from it carefully if you have to. Please don't be anxious, friend. God sees where you're at, and still wants you to come to Him. So come.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Make a list before you go. Have it in your hands, read from it carefully if you have to. Please don't be anxious, friend. God sees where you're at, and still wants you to come to Him. So come.
Thanks. I hope I can get to it soon. My parents aren't able to take me to the parish these days. And I hope I can do it without getting too nervous.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I was sitting in a pew and the priest was doing confession at a kneeler in the front of the church. He pointed to me and said "you're next". So, I went to confession. I'm kinda glad he pushed me a long--otherwise I might skip an opportunity.

Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thanks. I hope I can get to it soon. My parents aren't able to take me to the parish these days. And I hope I can do it without getting too nervous.

Hello Multifavs, relax, you don't need to feel nervous at the confessional.

Inside the confessional, the priest won't be able to see us, he doesn't know us (at least for me) and won't even remember what we confess each time. The sacrament of confession is made for sinners anyway and priests know that.

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0