Dec 16, 2004
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So what does Obama actually stand for. I read his website and got nothing out of it. He doesn't talk about issues but talks around them.

I am curious as to,

What is his Stance on Family Values?

What is his stance on Gay Marriage?

What is his stance on Abortion?

What is his stance on Health Care?

What is his stance on the War on Terror?

What is his stance on taxes?

How does he plan to get this country out of Debt?

How does he plan to move this country forward?

What kind of Judge would he appoint to the Supreme court if a judge retired?

What is his view on Global Warming?

What if anything does he plan to do to curb Global Warming?

What if anything does he plan to do to get Americans off of Foriegn Oil?

These are just the things that I think that Americans are looking for answers on. But he sides steps every issue and really doesn't discuss anything.

If you have information on Obama's stance on these issues I would be interested to see them.

ImmortalTechnique

Senior Veteran
May 10, 2005
✟15,270.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
... During his news conference, Obama volunteered his frustration with what he said was a developing storyline about the lack of policy details surrounding his ambitious domestic and national security agenda.
"The fact of the matter is that I have the most specific plan in terms of how to get out of Iraq," he said. "I have delivered major speeches over the course of the two years before I started running for president on every major issue out here, whether it's education, health care or energy."
Obama also pointed to his two best-selling books, which he said have provided more details of what he would do and how he thinks than any candidate in recent memory.
"The problem is not that the information's not out there," he said. "The problem is that that's not what you guys have been reporting on. You've been reporting on how I look in a swimsuit."

feel free to research if you're actually interested. Obama has stated his position fairly clearly on all of those issues, but people are more interested in perpetuating the outright lie that he is all rhetoric and no substance

Upvote 0

butterfoot

Formerly Known as cameronw
Dec 16, 2004
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So he wants me to go buy his book to put money in his pocket so I can find out what his stance on issues are I don't Think So. He has a website and if he wants to show that he is an open candidate and show what his political stances are he should provide America a copy of his book for download for free.

Granted the Media hasn't been concerned with it but I am. He needs to make an effort to get the information out there.

Upvote 0

Jacey

WinJace
Jan 12, 2004
Atlanta
Visit site
✟5,805.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
So what does Obama actually stand for. I read his website and got nothing out of it. He doesn't talk about issues but talks around them.

I am curious as to,

These are just the things that I think that Americans are looking for answers on. But he sides steps every issue and really doesn't discuss anything.

If you have information on Obama's stance on these issues I would be interested to see them.

http://www.barackobama.com

Upvote 0

ImmortalTechnique

Senior Veteran
May 10, 2005
✟15,270.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As loathe as I am to contribute to the culture of political laziness that seems endemic in this country, I'll answer your questions so the misrepresentations can stop.

What do you mean by family values? He has raised two daughters fairly well so far. You'll need to define family values further to talk about any policy stance he may have taken.

"a civil union that confers equivalent rights no such basic matters as hospital visitation or health insurance coverage simlpy because the people they love are of the same sex--nor am I willing to accept a readingof the Bible that considers an obscure line in Romans to be more defining of Christianity than the Sermon on the Mount. The heightened focus on marriage is a distraction from other, attainable measures to prevent discrimination and gays and lesbians."
Obama opposes gay marriage, but supports civil unions.

Obama supports stem cell research and a woman's right to choose, but has championed causes for contraception and education aimed at reducing the number of abortions. Believes that abortion should be safe, legal, and rare.

Has called for universal coverage by 2012, and has voted on a few issues
  • Health care tied to balancing costs and taxes nation wide. (Jun 2006)
  • Allowing seniors to bulk purchase will save taxpayers' money. (Oct 2004)
  • Crises happen in our lives and healthcare is necessary. (Oct 2004)
  • Believes health care is a right, not a privilege for the few. (Sep 2004)
  • Lead global fight against AIDS. (Jul 2004)
  • Allow prescription drug re-importation. (May 2004)
  • Will expand health coverage & allow meds to be re-imported. (May 2004)
  • Ensure access to basic care. (Jul 1998)
  • Voted YES on expanding enrollment period for Medicare Part D. (Feb 2006)
  • Voted YES on increasing Medicaid rebate for producing generics. (Nov 2005)
  • Voted YES on negotiating bulk purchases for Medicare prescription drug. (Mar 2005)

Obama is a firm supporter of the fight against global terrorism, and has said that our military should be the strongest in the world, but should be matched by the finesse of our diplomacy. Supports neccesary use of force.

That's a fairly broad topic-
  • Bush tax cuts help corporations but not middle class. (Jun 2004)
  • Tax incentives to create jobs at home instead of offshore. (Jun 2004)
  • Voted NO on permanently repealing the `death tax`. (Jun 2006)
  • Voted YES on $47B for military by repealing capital gains tax cut. (Feb 2006)
  • Voted NO on extending the tax cuts on capital gains and dividends. (Nov 2005)

He has stated his opposition to Bush allowing our grandchildren to pay for this war, for instance. Has supported government transparency programs to allow more openess in government spending and earmarks, which would eliminate a great deal of wasteful spending and allow some repayment on the national debt.

A major focus of his political life has been improving education in order to keep Americans competitive in the now global job market. Federal funding of research programs keeps America on the cutting edge of science and technology while improving science education in our universities (where this research goes on) which has been lagging badly. Education, to Obama, is the cornerstone of our nation, and believes that the system is broken. He believes that some schools need more funding, but also that teachers and students need to be more accountable. Supports increased pay for teachers alongside increased accountability.

Obama was a professor of Constitutional Law, so he would probably appoint a competent judge to uphold the founding document of our nation.

These last three questions are all related. Obama believes that global climate change is a real threat, and something that should be acted upon. He believes that funding of research into alternative fuels will help the economy, the envirionment, and our global competitiveness, as well as keeping us from funding the other side of the War on Terror by our dependence on oil. Views energy independence as one of our greatest challenges, since it is the way to move the economy, the war, and the environment forward.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums