Obama's Biblical Hostility

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
[3/8/2012 9:43:08 pm - Note to self: consider lavishing trivial praise on Obama and we might sway certain voters to vote for his opponent]
[3/8/2012 9:43:10 pm - Note to self: naaaaaahhhh]

Well, it looks like there is hope when one so against Obama actually conisdered offering trivial praise, even if for 2 seconds. I may have to consider reevaluating my attitude towards such individuals.....

naaaaaaahhhhhh.

Upvote 0
Mar 5, 2012
✟15,412.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
"In God We Trust"

If Congress is going to do the work of Satan, sinfully trespass on the prerogatives of the Almighty and wickedly assume authority over our duty to trust God, it should at least have the decency to tell us which Supreme Being we're supposed to trust.

Upvote 0

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally Posted by kermit http://www.christianforums.com/t7639034-post59983296/#post59983296
snopes.com: National Motto Letter to President Obama

reply by MachZer0
"E pluribus unum" has been concidered an unofficial motto for far longer than "In God We Trust". Also, as noted in the article, other presidents such as Reagan have stated that it is our motto and those incidents raised no objections.
Another confirmation for the OP

Does the stating that "E pluribus unum” is the U.S. motto make Obama and Regan the same faith, or Christian, or secret Muslims?

You have me convinced now that Reagan was a secret Muslim.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Tell ya what, hawk. You post something David Barton wrote, and I will tell you whether it's true or a lie.
Here ya go:

David Barton has documented a consistent pattern of deliberative actions taken by Obama and his administration: WallBuilders - Issues and Articles - America’s Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President
4. Acts of preferentialism for Islam:
May 2009 – While Obama does not host any National Day of Prayer event at the White House, he does host White House Iftar dinners in honor of Ramadan.
April 2010 – Christian leader Franklin Graham is disinvited from the Pentagon’s National Day of Prayer Event because of complaints from the Muslim community.
April 2010 – The Obama administration requires rewriting of government documents and a change in administration vocabulary to remove terms that are deemed offensive to Muslims, including jihad, jihadists, terrorists, radical Islamic, etc.
August 2010 – Obama speaks with great praise of Islam and condescendingly of Christianity.
August 2010 – Obama went to great lengths to speak out on multiple occasions on behalf of building an Islamic mosque at Ground Zero, while at the same time he was silent about a Christian church being denied permission to rebuild at that location.
2010 – While every White House traditionally issues hundreds of official proclamations and statements on numerous occasions, this White House avoids traditional Biblical holidays and events but regularly recognizes major Muslim holidays, as evidenced by its 2010 statements on Ramadan, Eid-ul-Fitr, Hajj, and Eid-ul-Adha.
October 2011 – Obama’s Muslim advisers block Middle Eastern Christians’ access to the White House.
February 2012 – The Obama administration makes effulgent apologies for Korans being burned by the U. S. military, 51 but when Bibles were burned by the military, numerous reasons were offered why it was the right thing to do.
It's excerpted from the OP, btw ...

Feel free to critique sections 1), 2) and 3) instead, if those appeal to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anovah

Jun 6, 2004
Oregon
✟14,597.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Next thing you know, Obama will be against the LORDS resistance army.

What's that Rush? He is against the LORDS resistance army? Tell me more...

"Lord’s Resistance Army are Christians. It means God."

“They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops, to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them. So that’s a new war, a hundred troops to wipe out Christians in Sudan, Uganda.”

Will the persecution of Christians ever stop? :help:

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lets do this: instead of posting a long list of out of context "quotes" let's look at some of them, in context and see if maybe they aren't as sinister as they're made out to be. Like this one:
Obama speaks disrespectfully of Christians, saying they “cling to guns or religion” and have an “antipathy to people who aren’t like them.”
here's it in context
OBAMA: So, it depends on where you are, but I think it's fair to say that the places where we are going to have to do the most work are the places where people feel most cynical about government. The people are mis-appre...I think they're misunderstanding why the demographics in our, in this contest have broken out as they are. Because everybody just ascribes it to 'white working-class don't wanna work -- don't wanna vote for the black guy.' That's...there were intimations of that in an article in the Sunday New York Times today - kind of implies that it's sort of a race thing.
Here's how it is: in a lot of these communities in big industrial states like Ohio and Pennsylvania, people have been beaten down so long, and they feel so betrayed by government, and when they hear a pitch that is premised on not being cynical about government, then a part of them just doesn't buy it. And when it's delivered by -- it's true that when it's delivered by a 46-year-old black man named Barack Obama (laugher), then that adds another layer of skepticism (laughter).
But -- so the questions you're most likely to get about me, 'Well, what is this guy going to do for me? What's the concrete thing?' What they wanna hear is -- so, we'll give you talking points about what we're proposing -- close tax loopholes, roll back, you know, the tax cuts for the top 1 percent. Obama's gonna give tax breaks to middle-class folks and we're gonna provide health care for every American. So we'll go down a series of talking points.
But the truth is, is that, our challenge is to get people persuaded that we can make progress when there's not evidence of that in their daily lives. You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. So it's not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.
Um, now these are in some communities, you know. I think what you'll find is, is that people of every background -- there are gonna be a mix of people, you can go in the toughest neighborhoods, you know working-class lunch-pail folks, you'll find Obama enthusiasts. And you can go into places where you think I'd be very strong and people will just be skeptical. The important thing is that you show up and you're doing what you're doing.
Remember this rule: "a text, taken out of context is pretext for a proof text" until each of the above statements about President Obama are given some sort of context they can only be seen as a pretext to support Barton's dislike of President Obama. :wave:
tulc(is a firm believer in context for Scriptures AND life) ;)

Upvote 0
Mar 5, 2012
✟15,412.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Obama did the True Christian thing by not hosting a day of prayer.

God has absolute and exclusive authority over our duty to pray. The civil magistate has none.

Prayer should be left to the devotion of the heart not the bidding of the State.

A President who abuses the authority of his civil office to sinfully attempt to influence our duty to pray trespasses on the prerogatives of the Almighty.

PS: What I had in mind when I issued my challenge were assertions and claims David Bartion made about the religous liberty views of the founders.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Lets do this: instead of posting a long list of out of context "quotes" let's look at some of them, in context and see if maybe they aren't as sinister as they're made out to be. Like this one:
here's it in context

So it's not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.
Even in context, Obama's antipathy remains apparent. Obama's premise is that something is wrong with people in these "communities". He didn't even bother to qualify his statement with some people in these communities.

Instead, the only qualifier was that some "Obama enthusiasts" could be found even in these "communities".

Perhaps tulc can offer a more positive spin for this sentence?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
PS: What I had in mind when I issued my challenge were assertions and claims David Bartion made about the religous liberty views of the founders.
So ... if I understand correctly ... you're not taking issue with anything in the OP.

You just don't like Barton's perspective about God or the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Mar 5, 2012
✟15,412.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
So ... if I understand correctly ... you're not taking issue with anything in the OP.
I only glanced at the OP.

I have caught David Barton in so many lies, distortions and half truths that he has no credibity with me.

There may or may not be some truth in what he says these days, but to find out, you have to check out everthing he says because he lies just as much as he tells the truth. He is just not worth my time.

You just don't like Barton's perspective
What I don't like about David Barton is that he lies about history.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What I don't like about David Barton is that he lies about history.
LOL ... and you have yet to prove a single lie, Fred. Instead, you simply repeat the mantra from atheist websites about Barton.

Not a real good argument, Fred.

Upvote 0
Mar 5, 2012
✟15,412.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
LOL ... and you have yet to prove a single lie, Fred. Instead, you simply repeat the mantra from atheist websites about Barton.

Not a real good argument, Fred.

Dude, I 'm not here to win a debate or to change your mind about anything. For that reason, I almost never try to prove anything.

We will just have to disagree to agree as gentlemen that David Barton is a big fat liar.

PS: Do you know what David Bartion currently says about the Moravian Brotherhood being granted land by Congress to propagate religion among the heathens?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Even in context, Obama's antipathy remains apparent. Obama's premise is that something is wrong with people in these "communities". He didn't even bother to qualify his statement with some people in these communities.

Instead, the only qualifier was that some "Obama enthusiasts" could be found even in these "communities".

Perhaps tulc can offer a more positive spin for this sentence?

Actually if you read the transcript, he says exactly what the "something wrong" is in these communities.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Dude, I am not here to win a debate or to change your mind about anything. For that reason, I almost never try to prove anything.

We will just have to disagree to agree as gentlemen that David Barton is a big fat liar.
If he were such a liar you would have the evidence of it.

If you never attempt to "prove" your assertions, then you never learn the faults in what you say.

PS: Do you know what David Bartion currently says about the Moravian Brotherhood being granted land by Congress to propagate religion among the heathens?
By all means present what you have found on this ... so that everyone here can learn.

Upvote 0