Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
When you search for bad information strongly skewed and nonfactual. It's not truth, I'd have figure this was rather common sense, but I guess not in your case.

Trump's highest approval rating, in historical comparison is 46%, his lowest disapproval rating is 61%

Obama's highest approval rating is 69% and his highest disapproval rating is 57

Seems fact doesn't quite match up, specially when the last approval rating for Obama in January was 59% and the disapproval rating was 37%. Trump's latest rating is 36% approve and 59% disapprove.

Polls are only as good as the FAKE NEWS stations who report them
and the people who sit at home and answer them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP

Congratualtions. You win the tin-hat award of the day.

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

Is that why Donald Trump loves Posting Polls on his Twitter Account that show how popular he is?

Last edited:
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Uh, maybe, just maybe, Americans don't like it much when people crap on their flag.

Excrement smells the same for all races.
Some Americans kind of like their country and are proud of it. Others, not so much.

But they're okay with people waving a flag that American people gave there lives for aka the Nazi Flag.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Believe it or not, Trump caused a lot of the division that hurt the Obama administration. The years of complete baloney about his being born in Kenya, being a Muslim (fake news!) and the questions about his legitimacy to serve as president.

Of course, that was only a prelude to Trump's own ascendancy to the presidency, when he could tear the country apart in earnest.

The other divisions came from evangelical leaders who believed that "real" Christians had to subscribe to their socially conservative interpretation of the gospel when, in fact, Obama's church, the United Church of Christ, and other "mainstream" Protestant churches had policies in line with Obama's.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
But they're okay with people waving a flag that American people gave there lives for aka the Nazi Flag.
Drive down the street of any American city and see how many people fly American flags.
See how many fly Nazi flags.
Do a poll and see just how many Americans here like to rally around the Nazi Flag.
Then stop saying things that you yourself could not possibly even believe

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
And Trump has done us again a great service in widening our divisions again this weekend, but it was Obama that the OP says was the great divider.

I'm not proud of what our country has become as of late, and an enforced patriotism in my sports isn't going to do the trick.
Have you ever watched the Olympics. Every country in the world shows the same basic modicum of respect and manners when it comes to honoring their flags, and the flags of other nations at sporting events.
It is njust basic manners.

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Drive down the street of any American city and see how many people fly American flags.
See how many fly Nazi flags.
Do a poll and see just how many Americans here like to rally around the Nazi Flag.
Then stop saying things that you yourself could not possibly even believe

Good people on Both Sides argument doesn't work here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
We should be honest that fringe anarchist groups and some college administrators and media have more sway than the president and the ilk that support him?

Yeah no.

For disagreeing with the president you sure seem to only spend your time criticizing his opponents.

Except the majority of the media and Silicon Valley seem to agree with these groups.

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Have you ever watched the Olympics. Every country in the world shows the same basic modicum of respect and manners when it comes to honoring their flags, and the flags of other nations at sporting events.
It is njust basic manners.

Because in the Olympics you represent your country.
North Korea has a team too in the Olympics, how nice of them to support the great leader.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
While simultaneously defending the public display of confederate flags and monuments? I mean, if there was a group that crapped on the American flag, it was the confederates.
People don't stand in respect for the Confederate flag at sporting events, as far as I know. Every time I watch an American sporting event, it is the Stars and Stripes that is raised for the national anthem.
Maybe it is different for yuor locality.

Upvote 0

szechuan

Jun 20, 2011
✟59,926.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
People don't stand in respect for the Confederate flag at sporting events, as far as I know. Every time I watch an American sporting event, it is the Stars and Stripes that is raised for the national anthem.

They respect it by putting up Monuments outside of Sports.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

It is just basic manners.

An appeal to basic manners could never trump an appeal to basic rights.

Otherwise, as per the other conversation no one has a discernible reason for why they should let obnoxious people speak.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Except the majority of the media and Silicon Valley seem to agree with these groups.

The majority of media and silicon valley are anarchists who don't want basic freedom of speech rights? Sounds like you'd have to demonstrate something like that.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The majority of media and silicon valley are anarchists who don't want basic freedom of speech rights? Sounds like you'd have to demonstrate something like that.

So's law without the so. Nice.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So's law without the so. Nice.

I repeated what you said

Why don't you just come out and say what you think rather than trying to make me work it out by inference.

You started out with "the left" and how we need to take responsibility for our authoritarian elements and now you're talking about the media and silicon valley...

So the authoritarian elements are what you are claiming are a problem, and now you think that silicon valley and the majority of the media agree with them?

About what exactly?

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Not for the anthem, they lost that particular war.

upload_2017-9-25_17-26-1.jpeg

NASCAR came out strongly in favor of the national anthem and patriotism though.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What have we learned from "real" America today folks?

Here is a picture of patriotic Americans expressing their freedom of speech:

KKK393939.jpg

Here is a picture of Americans that are displaying an insufficient respect for America:

patriotsanthem.jpg

Take note of the differences.

This has been a public service announcement.

• Winner
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0