Obama says 'white resistance and resentment' stopped him from pushing for reparations

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
According to the census of June 1933, the Jewish population of Germany consisted of about 500,000 people.
Eighty percent of the Jews in Germany (about 400,000 people) held German citizenship. The remainder were mostly Jews of Polish citizenship, many of whom were born in Germany and who had permanent resident status in Germany.
Jews in Prewar Germany
I didn't say legal citizens I said their own people. Big difference.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I didn't say legal citizens I said their own people. Big difference.
My original comment:
Tell that to the Jewish German survivors of the camps and their descendants.....unless you believe that the Jews born in Germany were not, in fact, German Citizens?
I was commenting on the fact that Jews who were German Citizens were put in concentration camps not whether Nazis considered them citizens or not.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Whites are born innately racist, whereas others are open minded, according to reports:

By five, Black and Latinx children in research settings show no preference toward their own groups compared to Whites; White children at this age remain strongly biased in favor of whiteness

REPORT: Arizona Education Department Provides ‘Equity Toolkit’ That Shows Racism Starts At 3 Months Old
Sounds like they've got a bunch of racist running the Arizona Education Department. What a shame!

• Agree
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Whites are born innately racist, whereas others are open minded, according to reports:

By five, Black and Latinx children in research settings show no preference toward their own groups compared to Whites; White children at this age remain strongly biased in favor of whiteness

REPORT: Arizona Education Department Provides ‘Equity Toolkit’ That Shows Racism Starts At 3 Months Old

None of the quotes suggest that whites are "born innately racist." In fact, it says just the opposite:

It cites a study that shows at birth, “babies look equally at faces of all races. At 3 months, babies look more at faces that match the race of their caregivers.”

The whole thing is about the environment to which the kids are exposed and what they learn from it.

But hey, why concern yourself with reading comprehension when there's so much offense to be found?

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
None of the quotes suggest that whites are "born innately racist." In fact, it says just the opposite:

The whole thing is about the environment to which the kids are exposed and what they learn from it.

But hey, why concern yourself with reading comprehension when there's so much offense to be found?
Nobody else is concerned with such details

If you insist on putting a fine point to it, the implication is that black & Latino parents are non-racist and raise their children pure & devoid of racism, whereas white parents are strongly racist and inculcate their children with their racism as early as 3 months

Bottom line remains, "whites are racist, non-whites are not" -- which, then, "justifies" opposing "white privilege" at every turn

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Nobody else is concerned with such details

If you insist on putting a fine point to it, the implication is that black & Latino parents are non-racist and raise their children pure & devoid of racism, whereas white parents are strongly racist and inculcate their children with their racism as early as 3 months

Bottom line remains, "whites are racist, non-whites are not" -- which, then, "justifies" opposing "white privilege" at every turn
That's not what the study says, did you read the study and their conclusion? It makes no such pronouncements.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
From 'Concluding Remarks':
The developmentalrecord suggests a solution based on a simple but highlyflexible sensitivity to contrastive ingroup–outgroup distinc-tions as well as a basic sensitivity to the status of thosegroups within the broader social hierarchy.

This sounds suspiciously like a 'solution looking for a problem'. Most infants and very young children don't respond positively to faces/people they don't know or remember. After my daughter was born 6 months later I went overseas. When I saw her 4 months later she wanted nothing to do with me because she did not know/remember me. That's is actually a typical response of an infant/young child and a good thing. Parents want children to not instinctively trust those they do not recognize.

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
basically all of them? whole point of the article? Continue the demonization to "justify" the cancellation?
You're making a claim about an article, yet have provided no evidence of anything. It seems you did not read the article, your answers have that didn't read the assignment vibe.

Upvote 0