✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,390301,00.html

Among independents, Obama has a narrow 2 percentage point edge: 34 percent to McCain’s 32 percent, and 34 percent undecided.
McCain has more strength of support from his party faithful. Fully 86 percent of Republicans back McCain compared to 75 percent of Democrats that back Obama.

Alright, nothing is adding up.

Obama is on his world tour(I call Obama-mania tour), including Iraq, Afganistan, and other hot spots, travelling with 3 major news anchors,
doing thier reports on location.
But Obama can't pull away from McCain.
McCain isn't getting nor producing any wind for his sails, but is coasting along side of Obama at full steam ahead.

Is Obama nothing but a circus prformer? An oddity to entertain and few are sure he is a leader?

This election has been full of abnormalitys. But Obama should be riding 10-20 points higher then McCain with the publicity and donations he is recieving.

I truly do not get it.

Maybe this story(A Foxnews) is just supporting what I am seeing, and the
other polls will show truer numbers. I trust Gallop, but last I checked they were reading numbers like these too.

Upvote 0

QuiltAngel

Veteran
Apr 10, 2006
Somewhere on planet earth
✟15,847.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Things like this from a CNN article aren't going to help:

But despite his popularity, Europeans want to know about a President Obama policy.

Will he bring back multi-lateral diplomacy after eight years of President Bush's go-it-alone style? Will he bomb Iran? Will he spur an Arab-Israeli peace process again? Will he lead on the environment? Will he restore America as a beacon of human rights, ban torture and close down Guantanamo Bay?

The top EU trade official is already offering this caution to Obama on NAFTA: stop the crowd pleasing rhetoric, and be serious about U.S. commitment to free trade and unfettered markets.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/07/24/amanpour.obama/index.html

Upvote 0

Bootstrap

Jun 17, 2008
Durham, NC
✟11,739.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think the Wall Street Journal has a good explanation for this:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121684823498078481.html?mod=hps_us_whats_news

WASHINGTON -- Midway through the election year, the presidential campaign looks less like a race between two candidates than a referendum on one of them -- Sen. Barack Obama. With the nominations of both parties effectively settled for more than a month, the key question in the contest isn't over any single issue being debated between the Democrats' Sen. Obama or the Republicans' Sen. John McCain. The focus has turned to the Democratic candidate himself: Can Americans get comfortable with the background and experience level of Sen. Obama?

Remember 1980, when this actor, who seemed to have unusual political views and limited experience in government, started to make all kinds of headlines, charming large portions of the American people? In the polls, he just couldn't break away. People were particularly concerned that he had very limited knowledge of and experience with foreign policy. When Francois Mitterand, president of France, was asked whether he thought the American people would elect Reagan, he responded, "the actor? the American people are not stupid!" The press corps asked Reagan about this the next day, and Reagan responded, "who is Mitterand?"

So Americans were largely enthusiastic about Reagan, but not very confident. The safe choice was a second term of Jimmy Carter, and most Americans were pretty frustrated with the status quo. Reagan mostly had to persuade them that it was safe to vote for change.

Back to the WSJ article:

The campaign's unusual dynamic appears to be the result of an anxious nation now sizing up an unconventional candidate who presents himself as the agent for change, which voters say they want. The contest thus parallels in some ways the 1980 race, when voters seemed ready for a change away from Jimmy Carter and the Democrats, but weren't persuaded until late in the race that they could be comfortable with a former actor and unabashed conservative, Ronald Reagan, as commander in chief.

"Obama is going to be the point person in this election," says pollster Peter Hart, a Democrat who conducts the Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll along with Republican Neil Newhouse. "Voters want to answer a simple question: Is Barack Obama safe?"

If the answer is yes, then Sen. Obama stands to benefit further from a favorable environment for Democrats. If no, Sen. McCain is seen by a wide swath of Americans as a safe, well-qualified potential commander in chief.

In 1980, it was the debates that gave Reagan a chance to pull ahead. I think the debates will also be Obama's great opportunity.

Jonathan

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have a few comments about the OP.

1. I hope you are a kid.

2. If you are not a kid you are quite possibly the most gullible person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in all of my 32 years of life.

3. I hope you aren't american.

4. Whoever tagged this thread with, "we're not all this crazy" we know that. This type of ... "specialness" isn't found in any one religion or lack there of.

5. You have proven Forest Gump's mother right.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟21,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
All of these stories about Obama...the demon-name, the Islamic affiliations, and so on, were all subliminally implanted by Illuminati forces to distract us from the REAL TRUTH!

This is where Obama's TRUE masters come from:

Hollow_Earth.jpg

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟21,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
2. If you are not a kid you are quite possibly the most gullible person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in all of my 32 years of life.

I should send her a prospectus for that prime beachfront real estate a few miles downwind of Chernobyl I've been trying to unload for twenty years now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anglian

let us love one another, for love is of God
Oct 21, 2007
Held
✟20,741.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
;)It doesn't work in the UK. My youngest son said it three times and was told off by his mother who thought he'd said 'oh bummer!'

You can fool some of the people all of the time they say; so we know who those are who are still saying they approve of GWB, perhaps?;)

Anglian

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Chernobyl is looking seriously lovely these days.http://www.kiddofspeed.com/ (seriously, way off topic but an amazing website and story. Check it out, you'll be glad you did)

Also, since mentioning Obama's name is the same as summoning a demon, can we make it illegal for people to study Roman military history since "Legion" is one of the few named Demons in the Bible? Mark 5:10

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
All hail Harpuia!!

You have more magic in your blood than the rest of us combined.

But I am unsure of one thing. Does this make Obama good or evil?

I believe the sign I am getting is that he thinks I'm too skinny and I need to buff up a little...

Hey, anything that gives you a Twinkie can't be THAT bad... ;)

I should... I've been dropping weight like crazy since the big stress problem I've had this year.

*goes to the gym* I'll be back.

EDIT: I wonder... is the African underworld filled with Twinkies? Is that my punishment? That I have to eat all those twinkies that the demons kept in their stash?

Because seriously, I do like other foods... O_O

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I believe the sign I am getting is that he thinks I'm too skinny and I need to buff up a little...

Hey, anything that gives you a Twinkie can't be THAT bad... ;)

I should... I've been dropping weight like crazy since the big stress problem I've had this year.

*goes to the gym* I'll be back.

EDIT: I wonder... is the African underworld filled with Twinkies? Is that my punishment? That I have to eat all those twinkies that the demons kept in their stash?

*Flashes of Homer Simpson in the Ironic Punishments department of Hell...

"So, you like donuts eh? Well, have all the donuts in the world!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

If you had to choose ONE food to eat the rest of your life, what would it be?

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
If you had to choose ONE food to eat the rest of your life, what would it be?

Easy. Pizza.

There's so many different toppings you can throw onto a pizza, you'd never get bored with it.

Twinkies though would be the one DESSERT I'd eat the rest of my life.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.