Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟70,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sen O is at least a nominal christian..however, as the Bible shows, as Jesus said, some "believers" will say "Lord, lord, didn't we perform miracles in your name?" etc. And Jesus said " I never knew you", because they were evil filled fakers and had an evil not good agenda. Read in the Bible about sheep in wolves clothing, and the parable of the tarres that look like wheat.

It is spelled "tares" and I think you are misinterpreting the parable.

And Phoebe the deacon is my counterargument on this whole name thing.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So was Hitler only motivated by his humanity, ordering death of millions? And Pol Pot, only motivated by politics when he conducted the killing fields? And Sadam Hussein and his son's only motivated by a desire for totalitarian control, when they gassed the Kurds, and hung people on meat hooks, and operated rape rooms? I think not, those guys were monsters, spiritually sick, spiritually twisted and motivated by an evil dark world of demons.

I am not going to silently stand by while a demon influenced canditate named after a demonic spirt named "twisted" runs for US President.

Again; are you a xenophobe? Do people who speak other languages and practice other religions and follow different cultures scare, uncomfort, or disturb you? Do other cultures/beliefs stand as 'inferior' to your own?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, welcome to the bigotry club!

So what if his name derives from a form of African Spiritualism? Are ALL religions other than Christianity demonicly influenced? Are all beliefs/cultures influenced by demons except for, uh, yours?

Again, if you answered yes, you are in the bigotry club! Membership dues include bashing other races/cultures/religions for your own personal religious gain and a four ninety-five newsletter fee!

Obama is Christian >> SO WHAT?! if his name has African etymology? stop being another cog in the wheel of hate! You seem to be so concerned with demonic influence, yet, bigotry is pretty damn demonic if you ask me!

Xenophobia = fear of strange or foreign people, customs or cultures. This is what you have by the looks of your posts.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, is this better?

http://www.mamamaria.org/subas.htm

I got more, but I the subject is not hidden on web or elsewhere, there is plenty of credible stuff about the Luo culture spiritism naming ritual.

now tulc, it is your obligation to show some links to some credible Luo culture sites that give info about traditional Luo naming rituals COUNTER to what I have been saying.

uhmmm There's a slight problem with your premise. Those links you provided? (and you're right that second one WAS very good!) They don't back your claim. For instance: Obama isn't his given name, Obama is the name his family took when the British insisted people start having a surname. His given name would be Barack Hussein Obama (by the way? Hussein? that's his grandfathers name) He was apparently named after his father. Been here?
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_origin_of_the_name_Obama
You might check here also:
http://islam.about.com/od/us2004election/f/obama.htm
So you have someone not raised in the culture and somehow he is being demoniacally influenced by some presence brought about because the British required last names? I'm going to have to say that sounds a little...unlikely. :sorry:
tulc(but again, it's your right not to vote for him if you don't want to) :)

Upvote 0

DieHappy

and I am A W E S O M E !!
Jul 31, 2005
✟26,607.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Every time you say "McCain" you are calling on the first murderer! "Mc" means "son of" and "Cain" is recorded as the first murderer in history! It's true! No really! I'm serious! :sorry:
tulc(the world is a scary place sometimes) :cool:

See, I would have guessed "Irish murderer."

I slay me.

Upvote 0
Jan 18, 2008
✟7,872.00
Faith
Christian
RE:

Nice try, the partrionic surname is the one that put on the child, british, or no british, british law just helped get those names recorded. Sure the name of the ancestoral juogi sprit is now LABELED as the "patrionic surname", but it is indeed the one name that was given the great grandfather of Sen O. according to the Luo spritism naming ritual. Infact there is only one name recorded for Sen O's great grandfather and it is "Obama" That name is name of the demonic juogi spirit which translates as the Son of the "twisted one", and remember in the ritual NO MATTER what you call him, great grandfather received the demonic ancestoral spirit called a juogi and passed in on through the power of the ritual from generation to generation, so Sen Obama has it! Because it was the LUO cultural practice at that time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
RE:

Nice try, the partrionic surname is the one that put on the child, british, or no british, british law just helped get those names recorded. Sure the name of the ancestoral juogi sprit is now LABELED as the "patrionic surname", but it is indeed the one name that was given the great grandfather of Sen O. according to the Luo spritism naming ritual. Infact there is only one name recorded for Sen O's great grandfather and it is "Obama" That name is name of the demonic juogi spirit which translates as the Son of the "twisted one", and remember in the ritual NO MATTER what you call him, great grandfather received the demonic ancestoral spirit called a juogi and passed in on through the power of the ritual from generation to generation, so Sen Obama has it! Because it was the LUO cultural practice at that time. (emph. added)
It seems you would need to worry about Obama's grandfather then not the man running for President. Unless you have produce proof that Obama (the Christian one) has some sort of demonic spirit? I'd be interested in that proof, if you have any. :confused:
tulc(still wondering why you believe a ceremony in the 19th century is stronger then then God?) :sorry:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, its obvious who holds CF's booket book. Oprah Winfrey! Obviously there is no freedom of speech on CF

uhmmm actually this is a fairly common practice here, folding older Obama threads into the "Obama pro/con" thread when there's too many threads about either candidate on the front page. :)
tulc(nothing mysterious about it, and it definitely has nothing to do with Oprah...I don't think she even posts on CF) ;)

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟21,275.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
uhmmm There's a slight problem with your premise. Those links you provided? (and you're right that second one WAS very good!) They don't back your claim. For instance: Obama isn't his given name, Obama is the name his family took when the British insisted people start having a surname. His given name would be Barack Hussein Obama (by the way? Hussein? that's his grandfathers name) He was apparently named after his father. Been here?

Well, if Hussein had been his surname, obviously in LetHeavenFillYourThought's eyes he'd be a terrorist.

The only was Obama could make her happy and "prove" his "true Christianity" is to turn his skin white, his hair straight and blonde, and have his name changed to John Smith.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, its obvious who holds CF's booket book. Oprah Winfrey! Obviously there is no freedom of speech on CF
I hate it when people use terms they are obviously ignorant of.

This is a private forum, IE: not government run, therefore you have no logical reason to expect any sort of freedom of speech. Private forums, like private households get to determine what kind of speech/guests are allowed.

Upvote 0

ImmortalTechnique

Senior Veteran
May 10, 2005
✟15,270.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
and the Obama "non bounce" continues to not bounce, as he leads McCain by 9%, 49%-40% in today's Gallup tracking poll, a rolling average of the past three days of polling. Obama only gains a point today, and the increase in his lead comes mostly from erosion of support for McCain

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
During his NAACP speech earlier this month, Sen. Obama repeated the term at least four times. "I've been working my entire adult life to help build an America where economic justice is being served," he said at the group's 99th annual convention in Cincinnati.
Democrat Barack Obama arrives in Washington on Monday. On the campaign trail, Obama has styled himself a centrist. But a look at those who've served as his advisers and mentors over the years shows a far more left-leaning tilt to his background — and to his politics.

And as president, "we'll ensure that economic justice is served," he asserted. "That's what this election is about." Obama never spelled out the meaning of the term, but he didn't have to. His audience knew what he meant, judging from its thumping approval.
It's the rest of the public that remains in the dark, which is why we're launching this special educational series.

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=302137342405551

For those others.:)

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
During his NAACP speech earlier this month, Sen. Obama repeated the term at least four times. "I've been working my entire adult life to help build an America where economic justice is being served," he said at the group's 99th annual convention in Cincinnati.
Democrat Barack Obama arrives in Washington on Monday. On the campaign trail, Obama has styled himself a centrist. But a look at those who've served as his advisers and mentors over the years shows a far more left-leaning tilt to his background — and to his politics.

And as president, "we'll ensure that economic justice is served," he asserted. "That's what this election is about." Obama never spelled out the meaning of the term, but he didn't have to. His audience knew what he meant, judging from its thumping approval.
It's the rest of the public that remains in the dark, which is why we're launching this special educational series.

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=302137342405551

For those others.:)
Economic Justice? Is that where you take money away form the person who earned it and give it to the person who didn't earn it?

Upvote 0

DoubtingThomas29

Mar 4, 2007
✟9,402.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
GOOO Barack Obama!

I think he is going to make a good president.

Boy how about the budget deficit, it broke a record, 480 billion dollars over budget, the entire Iraq war right on the charge card too. At some point the 650 billion dollars spent on medicare and medicaid is just going to have to go away. You watch the government will start scrapping whole programs like that in the future, I would hate to think like the government is just going to have to euthanise people that are costing too much money, scarry thought.

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
GOOO Barack Obama!

Boy how about the budget deficit, it broke a record, 480 billion dollars over budget, the entire Iraq war right on the charge card too. At some point the 650 billion dollars spent on medicare and medicaid is just going to have to go away. You watch the government will start scrapping whole programs like that in the future, I would hate to think like the government is just going to have to euthanise people that are costing too much money, scarry thought.
Do we need to start civic lessons on this thread to let certain folks realize that the president doesn’t spend one nickel without congress approval? Do certain peeps understand that it takes a certain kind of politician to put an end to waste policy expenditures and needles programs? Doesn’t everyone know that the president only proposes a budget and then congress takes that budget and adds whatever they feel necessary to the proposal and vote and debate on what they feel is important? Like how we get legislation where funding the troops means we need to spend more relief to the broccoli farmers?

Just askin! :doh:

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GOOO Barack Obama!

Boy how about the budget deficit, it broke a record, 480 billion dollars over budget,
That's the deficit brought to us by Democrats in Congress, right?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.