• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Obama pro/con (7)

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Scribbler, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaDan

CaDan I remember orange CF Supporter

+2,623
    Christian
    Married
    *headdesk*

2. Sitswithamouse

Sitswithamouse I look Time Lord

+430
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    UK-Greens
    I'm sorry to hear your friend is going through some troubles at the moment. :(
    I think a majority of Demon possesion can be attributed to mental disorders, and other cases cannot be easily explained, but it still doesn't take away the pain that people go through in these experiences.

And yes, saying Mr Obama's name will not invoke demons and I hope he had a pleasant stay in my country when he visited here this weekend.

3. LetHeavenFillyourThoughts

LetHeavenFillyourThoughts Junior Member

+7
    Christian
    Hear is reality a check from God via Paul, about the realities of demon influence in our lives.

Ephesians 6:12
    For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

4. Bootstrap

Bootstrap Regular Member

+187
    Anabaptist
    In Relationship
    We've been discussing the origins of the name Obama in another thread. Clearly, this is a Luo name, but what does it mean originally? So far, the most convincing explanation I've seen is this one:

http://surnames.behindthename.com/php/browse.php?letter=o

Here's a discussion of Luo names that explains the O-surnames:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Luo_surnames

Here are some examples of Luo names listed in the above source:

Here are some sources that give similar answers, but with less data behind them:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_origin_of_the_name_Obama
    http://surnames.behindthename.com/php/browse.php?letter=o
    http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/fib/gGxd89

Jonathan

5. CaDan

+2,623
    Christian
    Married
    I will see your Manichaean heresy and raise you a Walter Wink.

6. LetHeavenFillyourThoughts

+7
    Christian
    The book of Revelations is where one can see that God saw days that have already happened, and days that are shortly coming, where religion and politics, and demonic control over leaders has serious impact on the world. Since we are talking about a US presidential candidate, and one that sees himself as President of the world, it is entirely appropriate to be comparing prophecy to our time now.

7. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    So you don't actually have any proof about Obama being influenced by demons? Here's another Scripture you should remember:
    You might want to remember the bolded parts before bearing false witness in the future. :sorry:
    tulc(who has a calling to drink some coffee) ;)

8. Bootstrap

Bootstrap Regular Member

+187
    Anabaptist
    In Relationship
    Details and sources please?

Let's assume that there might people who would like to demonize presidential candidates they do not prefer and make up false rumors. How can I tell you're not just blindly quoting one of them?

I can't even find this listed as a rumor on the Internet with a cursory search.

Jonathan

9. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+9,795
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Ummm...isn't that what we've had since on or about January 26, 2001?

10. Anglian

Anglian let us love one another, for love is of God

+937
    Oriental Orthodox
    Married
    Just a thought, and apologies if it has been mentioned already, but since Mr. Obama is a born-again Christian, why should any demon have power over him? Is Christ's name not sufficient? He is not once saved, always saved? Is he not sealed with the blood of the Lamb?

Peace,

Anglian

11. LetHeavenFillyourThoughts

+7
    Christian
    The reference about the cultural beliefs of the Luo, are in the OP.

I am not bearing false witness about Sen O's ancestry, or the his ancestoral tribe in Kenya, or the naming culture ritual of the Luo...they are all facts, its all on the web, just google it and look for the best sources you can find. Google "luo cultural naming ritual juogi character alego kenya crooked bent twisted", I think you're not trying very hard.

The stories about how serious Jesus Christ took demon influence and possession are in the Bible. The reality check about struggling with demons and such is in Eph 6. And the importance of looking for the tie in between politcal powers and demonic influence is in Revelations.

12. wanderingone

wanderingone I'm not lost I'm just wandering

+846
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Others
    Let's suppose Obama decided that he wanted to change his name - because he wanted a "Christian" name. I can imagine that despite changing his name to something acceptable to superstitious people it would still be a story to people who would claim he was hiding his demonic name from the general public so that he could fool people into voting a demon into office...

As for double-minded beliefs I think being Christian and being superstitious is a problem. Saying a name does not = belief in something or worship of something or calling forth any "demons" that carry the same name.

13. LetHeavenFillyourThoughts

+7
    Christian
    God says we can know them by their fruits...I see a candidate that says he is Christian who was taught and baptized by a racist (Wright) who believes America should be damned by God, who set in the pews over ten years swearing loyalty to his racist pastor, who named his book after a sermon of his racist pastor (Audicity of Hope),who has the name of demonic spirit, and who jokes he wants to God, and says in public he wants to be President of the world. He may be a nominal christian, but to make a point so called nominal christians do heinous crimes like killing their own families every week. So its serious, lets not let such a charimatic racist with grandiose delusions get into the whitehouse!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  14. LetHeavenFillyourThoughts

+7
    Christian
    It is not as worrisome to have a name that means "twisted one", but it is very concerning to learn that he got his name via his father, grandfather, and great grandfather, who got this name and a SPIRIT thru a traditional Luo spiritism naming ceremony.It is not just the name Senator O got, but it also a matter of the demonic juogi demonic spirit he got.

15. CaDan

+2,623
    Christian
    Married
    Do you think the baptism didn't "take"?

16. ImmortalTechnique

ImmortalTechnique Senior Veteran

+390
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    which is exactly what he did in Iraq. Didn't see the pictures of him visiting the wounded troops there? That's because he didn't allow any press to go with him.

The Pentagon stated publically that a visit to the troops in Germany (the day before he was supposed to visit, and weeks after it was approved) would be viewed as a campaign event. Given McCain's propensity for making false and really low attacks, Obama's campaign decided to not allow these soldiers to be used as pawns in McCain's little quest for power

17. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,394
    Christian
    Married
    uhmmm the allegation is made there, that's true. :)

Wait...you want to make an allegation, provide no proof for it, supply no links and we're the ones not trying very hard? :sorry:

Still a little unclear on the whole "it isn't the Bible people don't believe, it's YOUR beliefs that people aren't buying." concept? :confused:
    tulc(is thinking about lunch soon) :)

18. ImmortalTechnique

ImmortalTechnique Senior Veteran

+390
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    what a long thread... that's because Obama Pro/Con pretty much sums up the election... people are either voting FOR Obama, or AGAINST him... McCain is an empty suit that's hoping to win votes merely by not being Obama, and by smearing him. Without a positive agenda for the country or any concrete plans, this entire election is going to be a pro/con discussion of Obama.

and that's one that Obama can win. Its a tough spot for McCain... if the election becomes about McCain, McCain will lose, and badly. He has a SHOT if its all about Obama, but Obama's got a great shot at winning that debate, too.

and of course if it was just about the issues, McCain wouldn't have a prayer

19. LetHeavenFillyourThoughts

+7
    Christian
    I think Sen O was brainwashed by pastor so unscriptural, representing a counterfeit messiah, Sen O may not have actually submitted to a Biblical Jesus. Whatever, may I point out that syncretism in Chrisitian churches in Luoland (yah, that's a correct term) is problem with professed Christians there right now. Syncretism is a cultural phenomena of believing in both spiritism, and by shallow belief, lip service to Christianity. So like syncretism, like being doubleminded results in, "unfaithful in all his ways". We can know Sen O by his membership in a racist church for over ten years.

Read the parable of the tarres and the wheat in the Bible, just because people get dunked, and sit in church doesn't mean they are true wheat, they very well may look just like wheat from distance, but are actual tarres or weeds that look a lot like wheat.

Finally, does a true Christian do stuff joking about becoming God himself, and speaking of himself in a grandiose way by alluding to wanting to be President of the world? It at least points to being mentally unbalanced

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  20. Shicoco

Shicoco Senior Member

+34
    Christian
    Single
    Nah, people love McCain...except for the Republicans; they say he's too liberal. And on Obama...I swear he's a terrorist lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.