Obama pro/con (6)

Do you think Blacks might riot if Obama does not get The Presidency?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Libre

Mar 8, 2007
Overlooking Puget Sound
Visit site
✟16,196.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
;););)

It's just that the conservatives make more noise about what the left does. And the main failing of liberals, of which I am one, is that we want to discuss things, see shades of gray where conservatives see absolute right or wrong.

Pat

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Isernia

Oct 18, 2006
✟7,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Errr....no. the first trial was for criminal charges. The second was for Civil Rights violations.

So, when all's said and done, what blacks got by rioting was....what you consider a retrial?

Locking someone up for 30 months is criminal punishment, whatever they call it. Persuading The Federal Government to violate its' own Constitution by placing someone in Double Jeopardy, is an astounding success. Furthermore, persuading The Federal Government to ignore the facts of the case and lock up the officers, despite their innocence, is a tremendous success. Thus, rioting has paid off for Blacks.

Upvote 0

Allegory

Aug 10, 2007
Toronto
✟2,254.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
When will McCain?

Snip

You seem to be lost and confused. This is the Obama Pro/Con sticky.
The McCain pro/Con sticky is here.

Your not first Obama supporter to have made this unintentional error of judgment, there have been many Obama supporters to make the same mistake.

When I have more time I will actually address the video, if you wish, but in the proper sticky though.

Being that McCain has a plethora of legislation, with recognized accomplishments and crossing party isle compromises in his extensive career in the US Senate, there are many things that may be misconstrued as comparable to the newbie, only 145 day in the Senate dude, from Chicago, who wants to be the leader of the United States.

Left Wing, US Troop hating spin doctors with no ratings generally get it wrong by twisting the truth.

Upvote 0

Ryal Kane

Senior Veteran
Apr 21, 2004
Hamilton
✟13,720.00
Faith
Atheist
;););)

It's just that the conservatives make more noise about what the left does. And the main failing of liberals, of which I am one, is that we want to discuss things, see shades of gray where conservatives see absolute right or wrong.

Pat

And following that, there's seems to be a willingness to compromise. The downside of this is that when Side A is willing to compromise and Side B utterly refuses to, outcomes tend to be heavily weighed towards the side that is unreasonable. :sigh:

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Ignoring all links to Huffington Post
Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Locking someone up for 30 months is criminal punishment, whatever they call it.
I call it criminal punishment for the crime of civil rights violations.
Come to think of it, that's what everyone calls it.
Persuading The Federal Government to violate its' own Constitution by placing someone in Double Jeopardy, is an astounding success. Furthermore, persuading The Federal Government to ignore the facts of the case and lock up the officers, despite their innocence, is a tremendous success.
Double Jeopardy is being tried twice for the same crime. The officers were tried for the crime of assault and found innocent. Then they were tried for civil rights violations and found guilty.
Thus, rioting has paid off for Blacks.
So, like I said...the payoff for 'blacks rioting' was a second trial.

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Being that McCain has a plethora of legislation, with recognized accomplishments and crossing party isle compromises in his extensive career in the US Senate, there are many things that may be misconstrued as comparable to the newbie, only 145 day in the Senate dude, from Chicago, who wants to be the leader of the United States.

Left Wing, US Troop hating spin doctors with no ratings generally get it wrong by twisting the truth.
I thought you said this thread was about Obama as the above is pure comedy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Isernia

Oct 18, 2006
✟7,788.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I call it criminal punishment for the crime of civil rights violations.
Come to think of it, that's what everyone calls it.

Double Jeopardy is being tried twice for the same crime. The officers were tried for the crime of assault and found innocent. Then they were tried for civil rights violations and found guilty.
So, like I said...the payoff for 'blacks rioting' was a second trial.

I think the distinction you are attempting to make is meaningless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
They got them locked up; that's the pay-off for the riot.

So it's your contention that blacks rioted because they knew that those police officers were going to be convicted of violating civil rights violations if they did; alrighty then.

Next. :doh:

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Ignoring all links to Huffington Post
Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So it's your contention that blacks rioted because they knew that those police officers were going to be convicted of violating civil rights violations if they did; alrighty then.

Next. :doh:
Like I said,...there's all sorts of opinions.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.