Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Darn that stupid first amendment!

Lol, that sounds so proud American an all, but I'm afraid there is a bit more to it.

If you feel the first amendment makes what these people are doing, ok, then I'd guess you are for what they are doing.

The amendment is fine, deceit is not. Of course those on the left approve of whatever it takes to get their way.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Do you believe the president should be allowed to lie with impunity?
You present what the President said! You offer up reasons why you consider whatever statement might be invalid and you make sure if you're credible that the other side gets to give a rebuttal. You don't start with a headline or even claim as an absolute The President lied. Who said? They? Other people may have a different opinion.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This is actually pretty encouraging. This seems to be the most serious ethical accusation anyone can come up with about Biden. It makes him look pretty clean.
It’s like the scandal of getting a parking ticking while delivering Easter baskets to an orphanage!

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
CNN and those like them should be fired.

Unfortunately, there are no laws against bias reporting, regardless of the unfair damage it is designed to cause.
I see, “cancel culture” is okay, if We think the thing being canceled is “bad”?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You present what the President said! You offer up reasons why you consider whatever statement might be invalid and you make sure if you're credible that the other side gets to give a rebuttal. You don't start with a headline or even claim as an absolute The President lied. Who said? They? Other people may have a different opinion.

Truth isn't as fluid as or as open to interpretation as you claim it to be. Trump says many things that are outright false.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟261,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged

Ask who I quoted what article or segment they are talking about and I’ll look into it. My question is still valid in the hypothetical though, should a president be able to lie to the American people and no one in the media be allowed to point the lie out? I’m not even talking about Trump specifically here. Just in general. You seemed quick to jump at me for the audacity to suggest Trump isn't infallible. It’s bizarre

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What about the long cherished thought about FREEDOM where people once believed, "I may not agree with what you say but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it" ?? So just because you think something is bad....cancel, cancel cancel? No freedom for anyone having any differing view just destroy another on the spot if they go against your favoured narrative?

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist

In which article did CNN start with the absolute "The President lied"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist

The right's only real criticism of cancel culture is that it's the left who's behind it. They would be in fervent support of cancel culture if it aligned with their views.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
What about the long cherished thought about FREEDOM where people once believed, "I may not agree with what you say but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it" ?? So just because you think something is bad....cancel, cancel cancel? No freedom for anyone having any differing view just destroy another on the spot if they go against your favoured narrative?
The ethic is intact.
No-one is trying to declare another’s “free speech” “illegal”.
Just unpopular.
Simple as that.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ask who I quoted what article or segment they are talking about and I’ll look into it. My question is still valid in the hypothetical though, should a president be able to lie to the American people and no one in the media be allowed to point the lie out?

I'd say there's a difference between reporting news and then giving editorial or commentary.

You don't start with a headline, "The President lied" You report what he said. You go later in your commentary section and give one's opinion and let viewers decide.

Once could ask "Did the President lie?" That leads to a discussion of why or why not but it doesn't shove down ones throats what could be a biased opinion. By making absolute claims without discussion is slamming down a mental state upon viewers they should not have to bear. Appeal for people to reason things out....DON'T INDOCTRINATE.

I’m not even talking about Trump specifically here. Just in general. You seemed quick to jump at me for the audacity to suggest Trump isn't infallible. It’s bizarre

And I wasn't meaning Trump specifically either and trust me....I know that I know that Trump isn't infallible.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟324,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Once could ask "Did the President lie?" That leads to a discussion of why or why not but it doesn't shove down ones throats what could be a biased opinion. By making absolute claims without discussion is slamming down a mental state upon viewers they should not have to bear. Appeal for people to reason things out....DON'T INDOCTRINATE.

I would agree if it were a matter where opinion might come into play however, that is often not the case. When trump makes a statement that is blatantly false the only thing that one could argue is whether it is mere ignorance or a lie. There exist myriad examples of this ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That seems a valid criticism of CNN and some others, but then there is also this...
How is it valid when CNN did, in fact, report on it?

Lately it has become standard for CNN to report some event involving the party and politicians that CNN doesn't care for and, when doing so, salt the report with editorial content like this:

"President Trump falsely claimed today that..."

To my mind's eye, this trick can be even worse than not reporting all the facts.
But if Donald is making a false claim, how is it editorial to say so? Usually, though, they do NOT say "falsely" but "without evidence".

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The right's only real criticism of cancel culture is that it's the left who's behind it. They would be in fervent support of cancel culture if it aligned with their views.
See Dixie Chicks.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
GOP-led committees release interim report on Hunter Biden, Burisma probe

The 87-page report stated that Obama administration officials “knew” that Hunter Biden’s position on the board of Burisma was “problematic” and that it interfered “in the efficient execution of policy with respect to Ukraine.”

“This investigation has illustrated the extent to which officials within the Obama administration ignored the glaring warning signs when the vice president’s son joined the board of a company owned by a corrupt Ukrainian oligarch,” the report’s executive summary stated.

Oh man check this out! Thought about a second thread on this...

https://nypost.com/2020/09/23/senate-report-links-hunter-biden-to-trafficking-ring/

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
See Dixie Chicks.
Target. The NFL. Goodyear tires.... The right wing sure do love them some of that cancel culture when it comes to things they’d rather see gone. Even how they apply the term RINO to any republican that doesn’t toe the current party line is a form of cancel culture that exists on the right, almost exclusively in that specific regard.

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,343.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Lol, that sounds so proud American an all, but I'm afraid there is a bit more to it.

No, there really isn't. Either free speech is a thing or it is not.

If you feel the first amendment makes what these people are doing, ok, then I'd guess you are for what they are doing.

Swing and a miss.

The amendment is fine, deceit is not. Of course those on the left approve of whatever it takes to get their way.

Look at you using your first amendment rights to do the very thing you complain about.

Upvote 0