Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
President Obama is weaning himself off his teleprompter.

At recent campaign events in Pennsylvania, Virginia and again Monday in Ohio, Obama spoke to crowds in high school gymnasiums and at crowded outdoor events without his teleprompter, instead using written notes.

The difference is dramatic. Instead of turning in his characteristic manner from right to left and back again, reading from the two sloping, clear-plastic planes of his teleprompter, Obama has glanced down at pages in a binder on his podium.

My thoughts:

A) Only four years (including 2008 election) to get this far! Soon, he'll be a real-boy with no strings or a wooden body! *glances at Soros* Well, a real body at least...
B) :muahah: If his previous gaffes were WITH the teleprompter, I imagine he'll soon out-Biden Biden without one.

RedPaddy

Jun 1, 2012
✟3,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My thoughts:

A) Only four years (including 2008 election) to get this far! Soon, he'll be a real-boy with no strings or a wooden body! *glances at Soros* Well, a real body at least...
B) :muahah: If his previous gaffes were WITH the teleprompter, I imagine he'll soon out-Biden Biden without one.

I'll give him kudos for at least not writing his notes on his hand.

Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
images

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Except this time the difference is the guy isn't on your side of the fence.

No the difference is between a person that can use something or not use it and still be just as effective a communicator and another person who sounds clumsy and confused when not using his verbal crutch. Fences are irrelevant. Of course, Reagan may have leaned more on the teleprompter as his Alzheimer's got worse. I hope no one is suggesting that Pres. Obama is only as good a communicator as someone with advanced Alzheimer's? At least not when he uses the teleprompter he's not.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No the difference is between a person that can use something or not use it and still be just as effective a communicator and another person who sounds clumsy and confused when not using his verbal crutch. Fences are irrelevant. Of course, Reagan may have leaned more on the teleprompter as his Alzheimer's got worse. I hope no one is suggesting that Pres. Obama is only as good a communicator as someone with advanced Alzheimer's? At least not when he uses the teleprompter he's not.

Reagan was an actor. His life was built around reading off prompters and cards.

I personally don't see the big deal about it, but when Conservatives make fun of the president for using it, I like to point out their blatant and petty hypocrisy.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

I personally don't see the big deal about it, but when Conservatives make fun of the president for using it, I like to point out their blatant and petty hypocrisy.

Did Reagan ever use it in a sixth-grade class? :confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"There you go again." a great line that was not on a card or a teleprompter and is absolutely apt here. Do you have some actual facts about Reagan to give us or are we supposed to take your wild flights of fancy as truth. Regan was an actor, that at least is true. Actors must memorize their lines they don't read off prompters( which were not invented when Reagan was an actor btw) or cards and they are often asked to improvise scenes so your characterization of actors is quite misleading. Anyone that was a witness to Reagan in an actual confrontational press conference( something our current President doesn't seem to engage in. Probably a very wise move on his part ) can only laugh when someone tries to equate the current president's ability to speak without a crutch to Reagan's.

Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Obama spoke just fine during the "confrontational" Republican retreat," whether you agreed with his points or not.

President Obama Full Q&A - YouTube

No matter how you slice it, the problem conservatives have with the Obama's use of teleprompter has absolutely zero to do with "dependence."

Reactions: Touma
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Who? Raygun or Obama?

Nobody ever loved their teleprompter like Ronnie Raygun.

Obama. I don't get why people are up in arms over poking fun at Obama about this. It's not like Clinton didn't get hammered for being overly... excited or Bush for the way he spoke ("nuk-u-lar").

Upvote 0