"Obama has been insulted and disrespected in a way few Presidents have experienced"

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
From the day he took office, his legitimacy has been challenged, his American birth has been suspect, and he’s been personally insulted, lectured, yelled at and disrespected in public, by public figures, in a way that few if any American presidents have ever faced.

Many of the people who dwell in the uglier recesses of social media, or make casual conversation among the like-minded, will not grant Obama the family man the respect he has earned, or Obama the president the dignity that comes with the office.

Full article

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
That's the opposite from what the article claims. Have you read it?

Your not using your newspeak translator to understand this.

MSM = everything I don't watch and disagree with while everything I do watch and agree with isn't part of MSM.

Market share and other factors that could be used to determine if something is mainstream or not must, and I cannot stress this enough, MUST be ignored and discounted.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What could be more mainstream than FixNews and Rush Limbaugh? Each are the most listened to / watched in their genre.

The piece in question makes sense. Reagan was not hounded after the terror attack on our Marine barracks in Beruit like Obama/Clinton was after Benghazi, even though both cases has previous warnings, both lacked a hard response and Reagan's saw a lot more Americans killed. President Obama has shown himself to be a relatively poor President, but we haven't seen the ammount of below the belt garbage that has been thrown at him since the 1800s. We are devolving as a society. We have lost our honesty and our decency and our willingness to objectively and honestly asses people and situations. It is a mess and I don't see it getting better. I don't think it is a right/left issue, I think the left is just as guilty but a Democrat happens to be President right now.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I don't think it is a right/left issue, I think the left is just as guilty but a Democrat happens to be President right now.

I despised the personal shots that were lobbed at Bush. My opinion of Bush was that he was a good man who made bad decisions.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I despised the personal shots that were lobbed at Bush. My opinion of Bush was that he was a good man who made bad decisions.

I agree. I thought his Father was a very good President as well. Not as good as Reagan or Clinton, but better than Bush Jr or Obama. I see his as similar to Carter, a relatively poor executive with a good heart.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's ridiculous for liberals to complain about Obama getting criticized when Bush was called "Hitler" and a "chimp" by the left. But Bush was able to take the criticism without whining about it, even when someone threw their shoes at him.

No other president ever had as big of an ego as Obama. And no other president had a cult following.
“To those members of Congress who question my authority to make our immigration system work better, or question the wisdom of me acting where Congress has failed, I have one answer: Pass a bill.” - Obama​
How dare anyone question Obama's authority or "wisdom"? Obama's personality is pure arrogance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Read my post again. I added an example.

My goodness. Do you have any idea how many presidents have had egos and believed they could do whatever they wanted? Look at what Nixon did. Heck, look at what FDR did in his terms. Even JFK with what we know he did while in office.

Only one with a cult following? You might want to talk to those who want to saint Reagan before throwing that around.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hunter-for-online.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Twister

Apr 13, 2009
✟9,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
No other president ever had as big of an ego as Obama. And no other president had a cult following.
“To those members of Congress who question my authority to make our immigration system work better, or question the wisdom of me acting where Congress has failed, I have one answer: Pass a bill.” - Obama​
How dare anyone question Obama's authority or "wisdom"? Obama's personality is pure arrogance.

Yes, he is arrogant and he is pathetic, not to mention a bold faced liar. Just thinking of him makes my stomach turn.

Upvote 0

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟46,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'd much rather have someone with an ego that gets things done.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Snipped to this particular sentence. Longer post above.

That is unquestioned. How many times has he used the personal pronoun "I" or "my" in this statement or in any of his others? He even inserts his own image into events not warranted (remembrance of Rosa Parks refusing to go to back of bus or remembrance of Neil Armstrongs' moon landing.) How has he been so many times portrayed? (Hint: Untouchable Greek god who is above the law and everyone else and in his own words at his 2008 election, "cause the sea to recede".)

Other presidents have had their share of criticism. IMO, Obama is just "thin skinned" as well as narcissist. Obama forgets that Congress makes the laws. He is just to "take care" to enforce them.

Upvote 0