TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
He didn't sware on a Bible, he swore by himself.

Jeff, I helped in McCain's run... being basically a Federalist... but even he succumbed to some power to allow Obama to win. It could've been God... but??? God does put those into power according to HIS wishes (and determinant upon the people's faith in Him...) does He really need my vote?

Arrrggghhh! Every election has been won/lost by 10 million votes or so...and last election 100 million Christians (registered) failed to vote. NOW who put this marxist into power?

Was this incorrect then?
Barack Obama will be sworn in as president Tuesday with the same Bible that Abraham Lincoln used for his first inauguration. As his transition team noted in its press release, "President-elect Obama will be the first President sworn in using the Lincoln Bible since its initial use in 1861."
or
Barack Obama opted to use the Lincoln Bible at his inauguration in 2009.
Lincoln Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Yes I hear ya... I made that mistake only once (voted for Perot--another businessman who could have helped but couldn't win)...
Hi, DrJean. :wave:

That was no mistake. I did it too. Voting for Perot led us to six years of unprecedented prosperity and a balanced budget. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi, DrJean. :wave:

That was no mistake. I did it too. Voting for Perot led us to six years of unprecedented prosperity and a balanced budget. :thumbsup:

I did it three. Voted for Perot. Not again until a 3rd party has a realistic chance.

Upvote 0

DrkSdBls

Feb 19, 2006
✟2,298.00
Faith
Seeker
He didn't sware on a Bible, he swore by himself.

You do Realize that the inauguration was Televised Live, don't you?
s-DO-NOT-ASK-WHAT-GOOD-WE-DO-large.jpg

The only thing you could argue is that he Forgot the Oath, which isn't a Sin nor a Crime (you try to perform under that kind of Pressure.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjnygQ02aW4

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

Thekla

On the history of financialization's effect on the US economy; notice that the practice of financialization begins in the 80's - when middle class wages begin their stagnation ...

Article:
charles hugh smith-Financialization's Self-Destruct Sequence

9.jpg

Romney was a financier, who benefitted from the financialization of the US economy, the degradation of capitalism, wealth extraction, and the downward state of the middle class.

Why elect one of the architects of the mess, who counts as his chief economic advisors the cheerleaders of the phenomenon that destroyed the US economy ?

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
On the history of financialization's effect on the US economy; notice that the practice of financialization begins in the 80's - when middle class wages begin their stagnation ...

Article:
charles hugh smith-Financialization's Self-Destruct Sequence

9.jpg

Romney was a financier, who benefitted from the financialization of the US economy, the degradation of capitalism, wealth extraction, and the downward state of the middle class.

Why elect one of the architects of the mess, who counts as his chief economic advisors the cheerleaders of the phenomenon that destroyed the US economy ?

Because he is much better than the alternative. What is that curve supposed to be? What is the y axis?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DrkSdBls

Feb 19, 2006
✟2,298.00
Faith
Seeker
So I take it without Sarah on the team, you would have said yes?

Don't get me Wrong. McCain's a very respectable man. I also have a lot of Disagreements with him on Fundamental issues.

But, he has Questionable Judgement (like in the Case of picking Sarah Palin) and minimal Qualifications to actually be President. And honestly, he's not winning any points with me by his current, Lets say, Animosity towards Obama.

But he's certainly not a Terrible Pick. There was just someone better at the time. Honestly, I still would of Picked Ron Paul over him anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

Hi, Thekla. :wave:

You almost had me (not really) ... the alternative question is: Why re-elect the guy who oversaw the largest deficit spending and the most massive debt in history?

edwards-debt-bill-chart1.jpg

Upvote 0
T

Thekla

Because he is much better than the alternative.

How ?

And after achieving wealth through the practices destructive to capitalism, the US economy, and the middle class, what is the evidence that he has repented of his complicity in this destruction, especially when he chooses economic advisors who were boosters for the policies that put the nail in the coffin of the middle class ?

Upvote 0
T

Thekla

Hi, Thekla. :wave:

You almost had me (not really) ... the alternative question is: Why re-elect the guy who oversaw the largest deficit spending and the most massive debt in history?

edwards-debt-bill-chart1.jpg

How much of that deficit spending occurred because of the mess created by the decades of financialization, deregulation, and ridiculous wars ?

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
How ?

And after achieving wealth through the practices destructive to capitalism, the US economy, and the middle class, what is the evidence that he has repented of his complicity in this destruction, especially when he chooses economic advisors who were boosters for the policies that put the nail in the coffin of the middle class ?

I do not agree with your assessment. Even if true, you cannot prove the cause and effect relationships you describe.

Fact checking Democratic convention claims about Romney’s Bain - The Washington Post

Romney's Bain saved site of Obamas' first kiss | The Daily Caller

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
How much of that deficit spending occurred because of the mess created by the decades of financialization, deregulation, and ridiculous wars ?

Yeah, that doesn't reflect too good on Obama.

Upvote 0