Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Obama faced the most assassination threats of all modern presidents. And that was only in his first term. I can only imagine the bunk he has to put up with now that he has a second term.

Are you referring to the "30 death threats a day" articles that came out in Aug of 2009?

Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service - Telegraph

Homeland security disagrees.

Secret Service: Threat level against Obama no greater than under Bush, Clinton - On Congress - POLITICO.com

t's not [a] 400 percent [increase]," Sullivan said during a heated exchange with Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.), who suggested the service needed additional agents to protect the first African-American president. "I'm not sure where that number comes from," he said, adding that the number of threats against Obama "are the same level as it has been [against] the last two presidents."

Within Bush's first term he had 3 attempts made on his life. Obama has had one.

List of United States presidential assassination attempts and plots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0

ZaidaBoBaida

When do I stop being a Newbie?
Jul 17, 2012
Right Here
✟50,881.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I actually threatened to report a friend of mine to the secret service because she came really close to threatening Bush on my blog, and I told her - I really don't like Bush, but I don't play that.

Plus, there was a website called bushisantichrist.com/org/net (something like that). A couple of people asked me if I was the wiseguy who put it up. I wasn't, but it did look like something I'd do - the site itself wasn't at all serious, but it linked to a bunch of sites that were very serious.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for posting this. Most conservatives already knew this. When a tyrant wants to control a country the first thing he must do is take control of the healthcare. Then he has control of the people.

Yes, healthcare. Not the media or the military. :doh:

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟731,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I don't think the (negroes) blacks have fallen at all, but have made great strides as Americans to find their dreams as well! :D

Do we have to use the word "Negro?" What is this 1963?

Upvote 0

LionofJudahDK

Sep 26, 2012
Aarhus, Denmark
✟1,576.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
In America the concept of the "Sore Loser" is something that Conservative parents teach their kids not to be but then become almost immediately upon losing.

Pathetic.

Please, tell me more about how good losers the liberals were after Bush won back in 2000 and 2004
"Oh, but that's totally different!"

:doh:

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Please, tell me more about how good losers the liberals were after Bush won back in 2000 and 2004

Oh man I had almost forgotten the 8 years of liberals wailing "BUSH TOTALLY STOLE THE ELECTION!"

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's called a blog. Written by some random guy, spewing the usual hate and venom. If he had any writing credentials at all, he'd be working for a legitimate news organization.

Shame though. I almost thought this was going to be a real story. Would be cool. Hard to do better than Obama. And we wouldn't have to deal with those pesky elections or obstructionists republicans.

Holy Mother of God.

facepalm.jpg

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

In 2000, there was at least a pretty good reason to be upset. Won the popular vote but lost the electoral vote due to a tiny margin with some questionable voting irregularities. Not saying that Gore actually won in Florida in 2000 and had it stolen, but there was enough weirdness going on that it should be of no surprise that the losing party felt cheated and were really upset.

In 2004 there wasn't as much whining over the loss (and I was really upset over the results, but I accepted them). Though there was probably some residual resentment from 2000.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for proving my point :wave:

Perhaps. But you have to admit that there is a vast difference in how the election played out in 2000 vs this year. If you can't see why democrats would have been abnormally upset in 2000, then I can't help you.

Early in the night this year, when the different news orgs announced the Obama win, he was still behind in the popular vote. I saw a decent number of republicans freaking out over that - denouncing the electoral college, etc. However unlike in 2000, the popular vote ended up going to the winner.

I can't imagine what it would have been like had Romney won the popular vote, but lost the electoral vote. Conservatives are upset enough over losing a fairly mundane election.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm 91

Sep 22, 2012
✟27,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you have any plausible reason to suspect otherwise?

I'm not sure that one can see it strictly from his policies, words and attitudes. You have to dig deeper and read about his life, his rise to the presidency, his experiences, etc. Many conservatives have done this but the truth about him has been suppressed by the mainsream media. I'm kind of fascinated by the fact that the media is all over the Petraeus scandal but little things about Obama which would effect some people's thinking are kept out of the news. Well, the Petraeus scandal is a way of diverting attention off of Benghazi. There is an effort by the liberal media to cannonize the president and I am not sure that even if that were exposed, that liberals would be able to see it. It's almost as if God has blinded people during this time to fulfill His plans for the world. The Bible clearly states there will be a world government, which is already in effect. When UN representatives monitor our elections, you know it's already in power. So the Lord will place people in power for many reasons and I think that how well you know His Word determines if you will be able to discern the signs of the times and where we are in prophecy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not sure that one can see it strictly from his policies, words and attitudes. You have to dig deeper and read about his life, his rise to the presidency, his experiences, etc. Many conservatives have done this but the truth about him has been suppressed by the mainsream media. I'm kind of fascinated by the fact that the media is all over the Petraeus scandal but little things about Obama which would effect some people's thinking are kept out of the news. Well, the Petraeus scandal is a way of diverting attention off of Benghazi. There is an effort by the liberal media to cannonize the president and I am not sure that even if that were exposed, that liberals would be able to see it. It's almost as if God has blinded people during this time to fulfill His plans for the world. The Bible clearly states there will be a world government, which is already in effect. When UN representatives monitor our elections, you know it's already in power. So the Lord will place people in power for many reasons and I think that how well you know His Word determines if you will be able to discern the signs of the times and where we are in prophecy.
many conservatives have read about his life, his experiences and know the evil that is Obama, but liberals have becuase the evil liberal media has supressed the truth. This begs the question what were the conservatives reading?

Ohh brother on the rest of that stuff..

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This guy gives to much credit to Obama.
The Empty chair was more then a funny skit.
Obama is merely a cheer leader trying to get the team to improve, he takes no actions for himself. He urges congress to work on something, he does not work on it.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I suspect it is more of a "hope" for many on the Right. Because the mere concept of Obama winning, legitimately, the vote of sufficient Americans to put him in the White House is beyond belief for them.

If Obama were to turn into a monster who ate human babies for breakfast and attempted to enslave America in a dystopian hellscape of terror they would at least be able to justify the unending hatred they have for him and many have had since day one of the first term.

An "I TOLD you so!" would so much better than having to just swallow their pride and accept that Obama won.

In America the concept of the "Sore Loser" is something that Conservative parents teach their kids not to be but then become almost immediately upon losing.

Pathetic.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A lot of what the Dems stand for today is grounded in actual US Progressivist concepts from the late 19th early 20th centuries, so the term "Progressive" is quite appropriate.

Social reform to care for the large population. The "commonwealth" if you will.

From laws against child labor to laws protecting women/promoting equality to laws addressing prison reform and many other things. Dems are very much progressive...

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not sure that one can see it strictly from his policies, words and attitudes.
That is the way most honest, sensible people go about it.

You have to dig deeper and read about his life, his rise to the presidency, his experiences, etc. Many conservatives have done this but the truth about him has been suppressed by the mainstream media.
You have to be able to distinguish propaganda, speculation and distortions from facts. "Revealed truth" is often a lie.

I'm kind of fascinated by the fact that the media is all over the Petraeus scandal but little things about Obama which would effect some people's thinking are kept out of the news.
Little things are little. Petraeus and his successor resigning are big (momentarily).

Well, the Petraeus scandal is a way of diverting attention off of Benghazi.
Much of the Benghazi scandal is also propaganda designed to discredit the President.

There is an effort by the liberal media to cannonize the president and I am not sure that even if that were exposed, that liberals would be able to see it.
I take it you don't actually read much of the non-Fox MSM other than excerpts proving how bad it is or you would know that that just isn't true.

It's almost as if God has blinded people during this time to fulfill His plans for the world. The Bible clearly states there will be a world government, which is already in effect. When UN representatives monitor our elections, you know it's already in power. So the Lord will place people in power for many reasons and I think that how well you know His Word determines if you will be able to discern the signs of the times and where we are in prophecy.
UN is the bogeyman.

Upvote 0