Mar 14, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟7,796.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Others
Many ancient societies were ruled by a figure regarded as a divine emperor-king, a transcendent figure whose goodness and power not only protected his subjects from harm, but also made the rains descend, the fields fertile, and the kingdom prosperous.

Modern Americans are too sophisticated for such primitive nonsense. Rather than a divine emperor-king, they have a "Commander-in-Chief" who holds the teeming terrorist masses at bay, labors to "heal the planet," and dispenses wealth in great compassionate abundance on desperate, otherwise hopeless people.

See? Those are two completely different concepts.

Read the rest of Will Grigg's article HERE

Grace & Peace, Rab

K

Korith

Many ancient societies were ruled by a figure regarded as a divine emperor-king, a transcendent figure whose goodness and power not only protected his subjects from harm, but also made the rains descend, the fields fertile, and the kingdom prosperous.

Modern Americans are too sophisticated for such primitive nonsense. Rather than a divine emperor-king, they have a "Commander-in-Chief" who holds the teeming terrorist masses at bay, labors to "heal the planet," and dispenses wealth in great compassionate abundance on desperate, otherwise hopeless people.

See? Those are two completely different concepts.

Read the rest of Will Grigg's article HERE

Grace & Peace, Rab

He is only Commander-in-Chief to a select few of us...

Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
article said:
A more rational definition of "Obamaism" would describe it as a pathology, rather than an ideology. It is an alloy of impervious credulity and militant leader-worship that reveals itself in the tendency to invest one's hopes in a figure who supposedly embodies hope and change.
Yeah, that's definitely more rational.

I skipped the many paragraphs on Gorbachev, but then found myself reading about a reporter for The New Yorker magazine. Is she a member of the "Predator Left?"

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
The official version of Health Care Hijack hits the Floor of the House on Monday. It will certainly be longer than the 2000 page version released last week.

A vote on this bill is set for Friday.

Is 72 hours really long enough to examine this large a bill? Shouldn't there be more time for Americans to get familiar with its provisions? Would it kill the Speaker to give Americans a few MONTHS to examine it and for the Representatives to get a good look at its provisions and implications?

There is an outside chance that this bill will not even go into reconciliation with the Senate, but that the Senate willl just vote and hand it off to Obama.

Time to get off your butts if you want to stay free.

Upvote 0
S

Steezie

The official version of Health Care Hijack hits the Floor of the House on Monday. It will certainly be longer than the 2000 page version released last week.

A vote on this bill is set for Friday.

Is 72 hours really long enough to examine this large a bill? Shouldn't there be more time for Americans to get familiar with its provisions? Would it kill the Speaker to give Americans a few MONTHS to examine it and for the Representatives to get a good look at its provisions and implications?

There is an outside chance that this bill will not even go into reconciliation with the Senate, but that the Senate willl just vote and hand it off to Obama.

Time to get off your butts if you want to stay free.
Do you copy/paste the same thing in every thread or what?

Upvote 0
S

Steezie

What was it like to have that beam of light that Obama alluded to come down, and then go out and say, "I will vote for Barack?"
I voted for Obama because McPalin was a terrifying thought, Ron Paul was coocoo for coca puffs, and the green party had no hope anyways.

I figured Obama was the most likely to make some positive steps so I went with him.

Upvote 0

canukian

Jan 23, 2009
canada
✟3,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
<staff edit>

Yes, they can use them at home, too: Bush the Dumber inspects a Predator Drone -- the same robot aircraft used to kill suspected terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan -- used by the Department of Homeland Security to patrol the U.S. border.

ya some fanatic conservitive wrote this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

]
Yes, they can use them at home, too: Bush the Dumber inspects a Predator Drone -- the same robot aircraft used to kill suspected terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan -- used by the Department of Homeland Security to patrol the U.S. border.

So, are we to understand that since all Conservatives idolized George W. Bush, anyone who found him to be a bumbling dolt could not possibly be conservative?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well?

bush-miss-me-yet.jpg

Reactions: HeKnowsMyName
Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
<staff edit>

I feel like this needs reiteration. The connection between a popular president, and pagan fertility kings is just absurd. Are we to believe that all popular politicians are bad by default?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Burghman

Jun 16, 2009
✟15,515.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Just ten short months ago America ended eight long years of what many historians will refer to as the most incompetent administration in modern history.

I believe most Americans will give the Obama administration more time.

A failing economy because the previous administration was not keeping an eye on Wall St., and two wars that were grossly mismanaged were a handicap for Obama from day one.

According to polls, 61% favor a public option health care plan. Americans are cautious about expanding the war in Afghanistan. Troops are being phased out of Iraq which is still a disaster. The economy is stabilizing after government intervention.

Americans are not buying into a conservative take over of the country. The racist rhetoric of a Limbaugh, the sheer lunacy of a Beck and the divisiveness of a Palin will eventually turn off most Americans.

America sees Obama as a better choice. He will get a second term to continue his plan for America.

Upvote 0

Saving Hawaii

Sep 6, 2008
Chico, CA
✟5,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Mr Grigg is a libertarian and, like me, has no use for either of the establishment parties that currently afflict this country.

How about you take the whole libertarian thing to heart and run into the forest? After all, if your primary gripe is that taxes are theft, then you seem to disagree with the entire concept of a voluntary contract altogether... and it doesn't make much sense that you could ever enter into an agreement with another human being (as all being a citizen really is, is a contractual agreement to obey certain rules established in certain ways)... so, just exercise your right to opt-out of the contract and run into the forest where you can not take advantage of any of the trade markets, schools, roads, infrastructure networks, currency systems, etc... that our society has to offer, and you can live happily ever after munching on manzanita berries and squirrels.

Hurry hurry! This offer's going fast!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
]

More to the point, some fanatic conservative actually DID that.

And not just on the border either, from what I heard.

Upvote 0