Obama and marriage between Gays and Lesbians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddogs

Contributor
Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟418,716.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really cant understand why Obama would come out with this change to support the union of gays and lesbians under marriage, if they read the scripture I dont think they would want to be joined together under Gods institution of joining together in marriage, am I missing something....?

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really cant understand why Obama would come out with this change to support the union of gays and lesbians under marriage

It happened because Biden's untimely support for gay marriage forced him into a corner. I doubt he would have vocalized his support for it had Biden kept his mouth shut, at least before the election.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟418,716.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It happened because Biden's untimely support for gay marriage forced him into a corner. I doubt he would have vocalized his support for it had Biden kept his mouth shut, at least before the election.

So you don't think Biden was sent out there with a trial balloon, he just jabbered his way into it, interesting......:doh:

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you don't think Biden was sent out there with a trial balloon, he just jabbered his way into it, interesting......:doh:
Biden has been known to say stupid, untimely things. Kind of a risky trial balloon being as this is an election year, don't you think?

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Biden has been known to say stupid, untimely things. Kind of a risky trial balloon being as this is an election year, don't you think?

Not really stupid if you consider the liberal base he is pandering to...

I'm still holding to my prediction that the Repub convention will be deadlocked and that ol' Jeb will be trotted out to save the day... don't think the Bush's are done with 'enhancing' the world. Not that it matters who's sits in the chair, it's who owns the chair that matters.

Upvote 0

Norah63

Jun 29, 2011
everlasting hills
✟14,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Man's mind replacing God, that is all humanism is about. It's running rampant in government at all levels. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.
I call for the light of the gospel to shine down in all the dark places of our lives today. Lead us always in your truth Heavenly Father, so that we do not stumble in a dark and cloudy day.

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not really stupid if you consider the liberal base he is pandering to...
I guess I'm looking at it from the perspective that presidential candidates and presidents seeking re-election usually try pandering to undecideds and independents during election years, and one way to alienate either group is to make definitive statements on an extremely divisive issue like gay marriage. Its smart if you're trying to fire up your base, but dumb if you're seeking to appeal to a wider range of voters and win a close election.

I'm still holding to my prediction that the Repub convention will be deadlocked and that ol' Jeb will be trotted out to save the day... don't think the Bush's are done with 'enhancing' the world.
That would certainly make for an interesting convention, lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Princessdi

Oct 13, 2005
✟8,213.00
Faith
Christian
You do realize that those of us who live in the USA are supposed to practice separation of church and state, right? President Obama, nor any other POTUS is supposed to create or enforce laws on religious beliefs. Therefore, they don't need to read the Bible for that.

I would think that Adventist would have a better understanding in this area. our own end-time prophecy doctrine is based on the fact that there will be a serious erosion of the separation of church and state. You all are so busy being Republican, Tea Party, and/or racist more than christian that you have not logically considered the consequences of your statements. Just think about it for a moment. in fact don't even reply to this post, just think(and mostly pray) about it.

A huge part of our end prophecy is that not only will the government, which by then will be under the influence of "the beast" and/or RCC/antichrist, will not only lock up our churches, we won't even be safe to worship on Sabbath in our homes.. We will be driven to the wilderness under the threat of persecution. now, if the government, no matter who is the President( because Goerge Bush got in office the second time promising to change the constitution in favor of marriage only between a man and a woman....he lied..and knew he was lying), succeeds in creating and enforcing civic laws based on religious beliefs, that not only reach beyond houses of worship and people's home, but right into their very bedrooms(because that is what is happening, we are making judgements of what happens in someone's bedroom), then this will come back to bite us and sooner than we think. That big government you all(republicans/tea partyers) are trying to fight against will be so huge that it can dictate what goes on in your bedroom. Once it is out there, you can't take it back. The thing is to trick you into putting it out there, and what better way then to convince you that government is trying to help church rid the earth of the abomination of homosexuality. Government, at least here in the US, is not supposed to interfere with church. To me, this is the "very elect being deceived".

Now that being said. I am on the board at my church and if a same sex couple came to ask to used our church for their 'wedding", I would lead the fight to see that would not happen, because it is a sin. But I would kindly direct them to the nearest justice of the peace for a civil non religious service. The church cannot support such a thing. But until we start keep folks who not only break the laws of the land, but also of God(meaning the last 5 Commandments) from their civil rights, including marrying. We. as a state, cannot keep citizens who have not broken the law from their civil rights. It's just that simple. How many of you have even thought to keep and adulterer from marrying.....again.....a liar? Killers and thieves get married while in prison and have conjugal visits to boot. Homosexuality is not against the law, in fact, at it's very essence it is none of our business.

One more thought. I believe I can see this, because as an African America, this country kept my ancestors in slavery and denied them civil rights with laws made with Bible as their basis. When in the census they listed their assets, the slaves were list after the cattle and the crops, we were 3/5 of a person, they separated families, selling mothers, fathers, and children as young as 4, 5, or 6 away from their families. Later, the kept us from voting, created separated but equal that was nowhere near equal, we could not get jobs decent housing, etc.(you all know the rest I'm sure), ALL by law based on the belief that they (or thought they could prove) biblically they were made superior to us who were little more than animals, and not as valuable as that. So, do you see the devastation that can be done?

As I said, I only posted this to give you thought. Please prayerfully consider all I have said. Thanks in advance for that consideration.
:groupray:

Reactions: ricker
Upvote 0

stinsonmarri

Dec 3, 2010
I am currently in Greenville Georgia
✟16,090.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Princessdi:

Watch it girl you see because we are Afrikans and black we are taking up for Obama. I agree exactly what you are saying. We know that more than just homosexual is a sin, racism is as well. The Tea Party spits on one of the black Congress men as they were passing by but that's all right! Plainning and ploting how to get the President out of office is ok because he's black. Having some black Republican as a spokeman for a plot about preacher Wright against Obama is fine. You are upset because the President does not understand about homosexual is a sin is down right evil. Yet, a man who believes in a different Bible called the Book of the Mormon is alright now. You see that religion teaches that the black men were cursed people and must turn white when they go to a certain level of Heaven! You see everyone that originally white is pure and when the black go through transcendual level (this is simular to Hindu), they will go through a transformation. Oh yeah, because they are curse, the blacks ones still cannot ascend to the highest level. You see the Tea Party have sold themselves to the devil. Because they not me claim that Romney is an occult. They claim that about SDA once (some still do now but they won't say it). They hate Obama so much who states he is a Christian, that they will close their eyes and take a Mormon. Wow! No if that is not racist, oh yeah we are playing the race card what ever that is. Yet, now they are trying to bring back the Jim Crow laws to keep minorities from voting, scare huh!

You see the religious folks now forget that they said in the Bible that the black man was curse too. They forget that they said the we were subhuman. And Gingrich said poor black children need to work as janitors and clean bathrooms. Yet, he can cheat on his wives and marry over and over. Yeah he can be forgiven. Not President Obama though!

You see all on foodstamps are no good like me. I've been sick and have to take care of my mother. I am not a sham until my disablity came and now I'm able to make it. I live in a beautiful home, but it can't feed me when I'm sick and its my mother, I gave up mine to come home and care for her. I spent my savings and was not going to live off her hard work money. But YAHWEH saw me through and now I get what I worked hard for early. But I needed foodstamps. There are so many people who have lost their homes and jobs at lease I have a place to live.

But you don't see them calling people who drink sinners and taking away liquor stores, or gun stores, or tobacco, pork, other unclean meats. I could go on and on.

President Obama clearly stated it was his personal belief. Like my personal belief is not eat pork, or break the Sabbath, or drink or smoke, or lie, or hate, spit on any body who do not believe like I do, hate, Kill, I hate the sin and not the sinner, and I keep both the Old and the New Testament. These are the choices I made in my religious journey. That what faith is all about choices. Politic is not a religion but the law of the land to govern people civily and not religiously.

Homosexual is a sin folks and it will be dealt with. The Bible said that these thing will take place in the last days. You will not stop it because Elohim and not the Republicans or the Tea Party folks have a right to sit in judgment. Get the moat out of your eye instead of out of President Obama and all homosexual eyes. I can't wait to see who makes it into the kingdom while all these righteous do sayers complaining, some of those homosexual will have confess their sins and made it in. They on the other hand will be standing out side the gate wondering what happen. :doh:

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of Elohim, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection (homosexuals), implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of Elohim, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Rom 1:29-32

Happy Sabbath,
stinsonmarri

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Interesting that you so easily support someone who supports gay marriage. If Obama was a white republican I wonder what you would think of him.

Even if he was a white Democrat, although she seems to admire Clinton and Kennedy the adulterers, so obviously she is a die hard democrat.

I, like all of you, understand that God places those in power that are in power but that doesn't mean that I have to support in any way someone that openly exults in sinfulness. I do not vote for any politician as I do not want to waste my energy of support for corrupt individuals within an even more corrupt structure. There is only one Power that gets my vote...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The number of homosexuals is actually very small ( somewhere around 2% )...
...However this MINORITY squacks very loudly, demanding greece.
...From [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Hag's such as Lady Gaga to t.v. sit coms ( like how could that be funny ).

The gay agenda is pushed so hard that eventually people are made to feel bad...
...For thinking an abnormal practice is ABNORMAL.

An active gay person has an average life-span that's less then a heavy drinker and smoker....
...You see anti smoking adds on t.v. and on the back of metro busses all the time.
...Why don't you see any "gay sex kills" add?

The Power of Homosexual TV - YouTube

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The number of homosexuals is actually very small ( somewhere around 2% )...
...However this MINORITY squacks very loudly, demanding greece.
...From [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] Hag's such as Lady Gaga to t.v. sit coms ( like how could that be funny ).

The gay agenda is pushed so hard that eventually people are made to feel bad...
...For thinking an abnormal practice is ABNORMAL.

An active gay person has an average life-span that's less then a heavy drinker and smoker....
...You see anti smoking adds on t.v. and on the back of metro busses all the time.
...Why don't you see any "gay sex kills" add?

The Power of Homosexual TV - YouTube

I strongly agree with our Jesuit friend here.... sin is sin and what is an abomination to God should not be looked upon lightly by His people. It sickens me that the GC tolerates the homosexual element within our church. Groups such as Gladventist and others should be publicly denounced by our leaders and disfellowshipped from our ranks.

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I see that there is an actual movie about the "Seventh-gay Adventists" in the working right now...
...From the looks of it a rather large documentary with people filming it who make movies for a living.
...In other-words it will be professionally done.

http://vimeo.com/33423405

I know there are MANY gays who are Catholic but all the ones I know of do not "practice"...
...They wouldn't dare take Holy Communion being active in homosexuality.
...They know better.

Still, I'm sorry for the SDA's having to deal with that - it's an embarassment to all Churches....
...What's next? An open pedophile or one who engages in sexual acts with animals.
...Will want their "alternative lifestyle" accepted & give the Sacred Scrpture readings at Church
...With their horse standing in the back of the Sanctuary munching on apples!

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
...What's next? An open pedophile or one who engages in sexual acts with animals.

There is already a well funded lobbying group to promote paedophelia... NAMBLA. It's only a matter of time...

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is already a well funded lobbying group to promote paedophelia... NAMBLA. It's only a matter of time...

NAMBLA was actually the core group all homosexuals were in back in the day....
...When it was realized the general public REJECTED their rubrics.
...And they would never get anything done NAMBLA was cut out.

Understand the goal for all homosexuals was still the same - it was just....
...That some sugar coated their public agenda and stopped talking about.
...Sexual acts with children.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.