Obama Administration to Severely Wounded Vets: Suicide is Painless!

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
JoabAnias;

Oh yes he did. I heard it come out of his mouth with my own ears. Thems the facts.

You probably heard an edited clip which was taken out of context.

I can't find any source which supports your claim. If you have a source, please post it.

When this idea of having vets pay for their own insurance was fought he said that the selfishness of Americans amazes him which infers that vets were selfish for not wanting to pay for insurance. Thats where his agenda is at.

Again, provide the source.

Do you trust factcheck.org or not?

I trust factcheck.org. I have no reason to not trust them.

Why does it seem your not behind the Bishops?

I am behind the Bishops. I'm not behind the misuse of Bishops statements by some people, who use them for their own political purposes.

Jim

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
JoabAnias;

You probably heard an edited clip which was taken out of context.

Could be. Or it could have been one of them Freudian slips. :) I think the context was over forcing vets to buy their own insurance so I think that would be a stretch.

The idea for forcing vets to pay for their own insurance was withdrawn after a couple days. So maybe her realized it. I'm sure he meant we were selfish for not wanting to pull our individual weight for the good of the whole. Still points to his expecting sacrifice from those already giving their lives. 66 dead this month so far.

Even though politicians have their own separate health insurance for life for free and wouldn't dream of giving that up to benefit the whole. :doh:

I can't find any source which supports your claim. If you have a source, please post it.

I don't remember. It was kind of skipped over by the main stream media. All I remember is it was in his own voice. Could have been the radio or the TV. If it was the radio, it would probably have been NPR or BBC on NPR but also could have been the country channel I listen to but I don't think they report much news at all unless its trivial celebrity fluff.

I trust factcheck.org. I have no reason to not trust them.

So then you agree abortion is in the health care bill like all credible sources say? Or are you resisting that consensus? If abortion is in there as it is, how is it that far a stretch to euthanasia? Just as contraception is only a step from abortion.

I am behind the Bishops. I'm not behind the misuse of Bishops statements by some people, who use them for their own political purposes.

Do you mean like using factcheck as you did in post 112 to disparage and be divisive to the right when factcheck agrees with them or did you mean that there was a moratorium on politics in OBOB? ^_^ Is that a left bias I detect?

If you want to pull up one of the Bishops letters we could talk about that as related to the Church and this brochure but otherwise that would be off the topic I think and probably best in another thread unless you know of something they have said about this brochure specifically, which they probably figured is so plain there was no need.

I posted links to the Bishops statements earlier as related to the HR bill if you want to start a new thread on the Bishops statements specifically. ;)

Otherwise, the point is, the Bishops speak of human dignity. Inferring one should choose death because of life value judgments as this brochure does, certainly contradicts those same statements by the Bishops. Even most secular people have figured that one out.

As far as this topic goes, I guess its already proven that its an improper statement to issue vets by everyone that agrees. Being right on the heals of saying Americans were selfish just further points to the mindset of the POS to pursue his personally single minded agendas that we have been whitnessing all along. Sort of like saying Muslim when he really meant Christian. Or did he? ^_^.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
JoabAnias;

The idea for forcing vets to pay for their own insurance was withdrawn after a couple days.

Well, guess what. Vets do have to buy health care insurance, unless they're disabled and don't qualify for SSI benefits.

I'm a vet, and I have to buy health-insurance.

Even though politicians have their own separate health insurance for life for free and wouldn't dream of giving that up to benefit the whole. :doh:

Well, don't look for pols to give up their pension plans and go on social security like the rest of us peasants.

So then you agree abortion is in the health care bill like all credible sources say?

Yes, I never denied that. Factcheck stated that the health care bill will allow insurance companies and the government, to pay for abortions. There is no exclusionary language, which is what the Bishops want.

That being said, I don't know what will happen with the Hyde Ammendment?

Or are you resisting that consensus? If abortion is in there as it is, how is it that far a stretch to euthanasia? Just as contraception is only a step from abortion.

Euthanasia isn't there. First off, its not legal in any state. Oregon has assisted suicide, which is by definition, different than Euthanasia.

Like abortion, there is no exclusionary language, so like abortion, it could be possible. But that's no reason to throw out the entire legislation.

Besides, keep in mind, this is NOT a health-care form bill, but a Health-Insurance reform bill. The purpose is to spell out what health-insurance companies must cover. There is no language in the legislation stating, that abortion or euthanasia, must be paid for.

Do you mean like using factcheck as you did in post 112 to disparage and be divisive to the right when factcheck agrees with them or did you mean that there was a moratorium on politics in OBOB? ^_^ Is that a left bias I detect?

Those who attacked factcheck.org during the election as being in the tank for Obama, now use that very same site, to show that Obama statement about government paying for abortion, to be wrong.

I just pointed out the flip-flop in attitude toward Factcheck.org.

As far as the Bishops go, I don't know what you're getting at.

You still seem to think I oppose their position.

To be clear, I do not.

Jim

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, guess what. Vets do have to buy health care insurance, unless they're disabled and don't qualify for SSI benefits.

You know what I meant right?
Well, don't look for pols to give up their pension plans and go on social security like the rest of us peasants.

I don't expect much from anyone.

Like abortion, there is no exclusionary language, so like abortion, it could be possible. But that's no reason to throw out the entire legislation.

I don't want it thrown out but that would be preferable to what its lacking.

There is no language in the legislation stating, that abortion or euthanasia, must be paid for.

Obvious to most that it will be. Of course thats what they want. Its part of womans healthcare in their opinions.

Those who attacked factcheck.org during the election as being in the tank for Obama, now use that very same site, to show that Obama statement about government paying for abortion, to be wrong.

I just pointed out the flip-flop in attitude toward Factcheck.org.
Hehe, Believe it or not, I have never looked at factcheck.org more than once before now. Shannon posted something about them once last year. That was the first time I ever heard of them.

As far as the Bishops go, I don't know what you're getting at.

You still seem to think I oppose their position.

To be clear, I do not.

Well, I'd ask if you don't know what I am getting at how you can know what the Bishops position is?

I'm talking about choosing the dignity of life in all cases and never pretending we can take that decision out of Gods hands like so many do. ;) Choose life and only life.

I am sure I will be faced with it eventually. I pray I can wait on the Lord.

Upvote 0