• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

NZ Manifesto Resembles Norway Far-Right Mass Murderer’s Text

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by waves, Mar 18, 2019.

1. waves

waves not so new

+535
    Non-Denom
    Private

NZ Manifesto Resembles Norway Far-Right Mass Murderer’s Text

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Philip_B

Philip_B Let all mortal flesh keep silence ... Supporter

+3,975
    Australia
    Anglican
    Married
    My understanding is that they had communicated. We need to reflect on how we deal with this kind of criminality, and the way we use and interpret the curtailment of liberty we use as punishment. Historically the loss of the ability to walk about the town represented that. In the current paradigm, the freedom of communication and perhaps social media probably need to be considered in the incarceration of such offenders. We run the risk of creating living martyrs.

3. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+4,918
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I agree that social media has become something of a curse. We get way too much information that we get way too emotional and angry over. Young people have fallen in love with Islamic State via the internet, and wind up flying themselves to Syria. :( Murderers are now go-proing their violent crimes. Lives have been damaged and reputations ruined by tweeted viral media clips, which don't tell the whole story. It's too much.

4. Wayholka

Wayholka A saved wolf among sheep. Supporter

+11,813
    Canada
    Christian
    Celibate
    Most technology is neutral and is dependent on how we use it. Sadly, I am also noticing just how weaponized the internet is becoming in recent years. I'd say the internet is simultaneously our best and worst invention because on one hand, some of us social hermits have been given a platform to learn and discuss things like this. On the other hand, the internet can be used to ruin another person's life and likely get away with it.

When you give this much power in everyone's hands, it can truly be a terrifying thing. The internet has indeed proven that if people know they can get away with bad behavior, then many, many more people would be psychopaths.

5. MariaJLM

MariaJLM Crazy Cat Lady

+1,159
    Canada
    Eastern Orthodox
    Celibate
    CA-Others
    It's a double-edged sword. It works wonders for people like me who have extreme social anxiety and almost no real life friends. Social media gives me an outlet to interact with people instead of being a hermit completely. However, I do agree that it tends to radicalize people. The internet was part of the reason I used to be a Marxist. I read stuff and got radicalized that way. However, on the flipside the internet also later helped me find Christianity.

6. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+4,918
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That's deeply true. Same, here. CF is the only place I really get to talk to folks.

7. Alithis

Alithis Disciple of Jesus .

+1,990
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Only if you agree with thier view
    If not... Everything you say will be deemed offensive to. "someone" .
    ..everything
    And they'll be hitting that little button .