• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

NYPD fires Officer Daniel Pantaleo for chokehold in Eric Garner's death

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SummerMadness, Aug 19, 2019.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+8,518
    Christian
    NYPD fires Officer Daniel Pantaleo for chokehold in Eric Garner's death
    Rest in Power Eric Garner

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,899
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
  3. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+3,106
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    I live in NYC. I have no idea why this guy was allowed to get away with an illegal chokehold for 5 years . He should have been fired long before now.

4. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,899
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I wonder how old he is and if keeping him on had anything to do with him getting his retirement?

5. JohnAshton

JohnAshton Well-Known Member

+453
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    Was he allowed to retire?

6. SummerMadness

+8,518
    Christian
    It looks like he will receive no pension.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Programmer Extraordinaire Supporter

+7,819
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Police get away with far worse in many cases. Check out the page "Police the Police", there's some videos of some horrendous behavior that doesn't result in any sort of punishment. Everything from shooting a surrendering person in the back, tackling kids because they happened to be filming an incident as it takes place, etc...

We have a serious problem with law enforcement that's very specific to the US (when compared to other civilized countries)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Nithavela

Nithavela confused

+10,636
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    German police can be pretty bad, too, especially in bavaria. They don't shoot people as easily, but they are amazingly brutal for a country that is known for being relatively civilised.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. trunks2k

trunks2k Contributor

+1,836
    Humanist
    Married
    US-Others
    Police unions are strong.

10. D.A. Wright

D.A. Wright Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ Supporter

+295
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    US-Others
    And the other dozen or so officers that stood there with their thumbs up their own rears and let him lie there and die. What a crew of animals. It still makes me want to literally vomit.

11. D.A. Wright

D.A. Wright Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ Supporter

+295
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    US-Others
    In the '80s, at least, it was just as bad in the Kaiserslautern area. They would pummel you just for talking back to them. My neighbor came home black-eyed and bloodied one day when his wife mouthed off during a traffic stop. And white folks were afforded no special treatment (as well they shouldn't be). I can't deny, though, that I felt a little safer knowing that the polizei were on the ball, especially with the Red Army Faction on the loose bombing and gunning for us GIs.

12. Tigger45

Tigger45 St Francis Supporter

+7,553
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I’m glad to see that Eric Garner’s death ultimately received some justice even if only a token, compared to the priceless loss of life not only for him but his friends and family also.

13. Nithavela

Nithavela confused

+10,636
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    My parents were on the RAF watchlist. Got stopped several times by submachinegun wielding goons.

Can't imagine them being affiliated with the RAF, they have been voting FDP for their entire lives. Don't ask me why, they don't own a company or hotel.

14. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+3,074
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    It also had to do apparently with the federal government playing games about potentially charging him and asking NYPD to hold off on administrative discipline while they made up their mind.

15. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+3,106
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    I believe it. My old phone was tapped for years because of something silly my son did when he was 12 , which he didn’t even get in trouble for.

16. SummerMadness

+8,518
    Christian
    The sad part is that the prosecution didn’t happen because someone is thinking or re-election and believes despicable acts is the way to whip up the base. Don’t hold people you like accountable to “troll the libs.” I think people need to accept the fact that they are irredeemable at this point; the only way back for them is for an electoral loss.