Midwest
✟301,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My wife and her co-workers had to attend a meeting at the high school where she works a little while back about 'white privilege.' Some of them felt like they were trying to be led into feeling guilty about being white. When they asked my wife if she watched any black TV shows when she was growing up, she said no then got grilled about that. She told them that she did not watch very much TV when she was growing up. (Mainly just the Brady Bunch and the Partridge Family). I wish they would have asked me that question. I watched Sanford and Son, The Jefferson's, Good Times and What's Happening back in the 70's. Now who could forget this? :D Fred Sanford was hilarious!

IMG_1351.JPG

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I looked it over and it looks helpful, it got me thinking about myself and where I fall on the scale. Understandably, people who don’t think white supremacy still exists would not feel inclined to use it.
"White supremacy" is an excuse for failure. Asians, for the most part, simply don't accept excuses for failure. We don't whine because the other guy beats us at the game, we work at getting better at the game, and then beat him. Whining is easier, though.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now I always heard that whites voted for Obama because of 'white guilt'.
My biracial self voted for Obama because he wasn't John McCain, and voted for Romney because he wasn't Obama. Then again, I may be a Yellow Supremacist and thus had no one to vote for.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
However, we do see here that in this particular high level business position, that intelligence is highly favored overall. Americans who have of Asian ethnicity make up only 5.6% of Americans over all, yet hold 30% of all CEO positions, and they also score higher in exams and do better in college.
It's a merit based system that causes this, so the answer to the issue of blacks being outperformed is how to increase the amount of intelligent black men and women who hold higher education degrees.
Drats, I knew I should have been a CEO instead of a poor benighted engineer! Interesting that my 75% Asian young 'uns ended up as (in descending order of age), a professional violinist, a doctor, and an engineer. Maybe their 25% whiteness was the deciding factor, although you'll never persuade their mom of that. <Laugh>

But seriously, I think parents arew the key. Asian parents will move heaven and earth to see to it that their kids get the best possible education, and always push the kids to do their level best at whatever it is they're doing. I think anyone who discounts that as a reason for Asians excelling at so may things has rocks in their heads. And to blame a lack of acheivement some Evil Racial Conspiracy, i.e., "white supremacy", is simply to sanction failure.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Invalidating the experiences of POC by ignoring them or talking over them is a continued serious problem. When your neighbor tells you what their life has been like, hear them.
Inviting people to actually self-reflect and then seriously listen to, hear, and empathize with others shouldn't be controversial.
The fact that it apparently is controversial is demonstrative of just how deep our societal wounds go.
-CryptoLutheran
All very well, and and very compassionate. But telling people that they're going to fail, or have failed, because Evil Forces Are Aligned Against Them and there's nothing they can do does them no favors. "Sorry mate, you can't win, the game is rigged against you, it's all the fault of The Bad Guys (whoever the Bad Guys du jour happen to be).

Give folks a sympathetic ear? Of course. Then encourage them, push them, harangue them, cheer their victories, sympathize with their failures, and make sure that they know that they are the ones respnsible for their success or lack thereof. If you care about them, don't give them excuses, don't let them give up, don't allow them to cop out, and never let them believe that they can't succeed for any reason at all.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟218,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You seem to be backing away from the issue which you yourself raised. You pointed out that blacks commit more crime. Either there is something inherent in their skin color that makes them more likely to be criminals, or there are outside factors. If the factors are coming from outside - from society - something in society needs to change.
Lessee, what it we see that people brought up in one culture tend to be less successful on average at whatever the standard or is, and in contrast those brought up in another culture tend to succeed at rates well above the average for the population, what would we conclude? That it's the skin color of one group holding them back, or the eye shape of the other group causing them to pull ahead of the herd? Or should we adopt the clearly pernicious idea that one group is inherently superior to the other? Or could it simply be that all cultures aren't created equal? That one culture may value education and discipline more than the other? That one culture may emphasize family stability and child rearing more than another?

Nah, forget it. Let's just blame white folks.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Give folks a sympathetic ear? Of course. Then encourage them, push them, harangue them, cheer their victories, sympathize with their failures, and make sure that they know that they are the ones respnsible for their success or lack thereof. If you care about them, don't give them excuses, don't let them give up, don't allow them to cop out, and never let them believe that they can't succeed for any reason at all.
And you've had parents teacher you that who were taught thta by grandparents.
Who were taught that by their grandparents and so on down the line. Luckily, you also had parents and grandparents with the resiliency to be able to make that a reality.

Remember: the first black kid to go to an integrated school is now in her early 60s.
It ain't that long ago. And there are still plenty of black folk that experience racism on the daily.

Having GREAT parents is going to DEFINITELY power up the next generation. But having great parents happens because those people had great parents. It is pretty rare to have truly crappy parents but then BE a great parent.
NOT impossible; but rare.

"White folks love us because we ain't black" Jimmy Chin

All very well, and and very compassionate. But telling people that they're going to fail, or have failed, because Evil Forces Are Aligned Against Them and there's nothing they can do does them no favors. "Sorry mate, you can't win, the game is rigged against you, it's all the fault of The Bad Guys (whoever the Bad Guys du jour happen to be).
Another thing that does them no favours is ignoring the data that clearly shows that black people are struggling to succeed in America and continually blaming black people and ONLY black people for that struggle instead of, God forbid, considering maybe it isn't only them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"White supremacy" is an excuse for failure. Asians, for the most part, simply don't accept excuses for failure. We don't whine because the other guy beats us at the game, we work at getting better at the game, and then beat him. Whining is easier, though.
So the reason whites succeed more is that we are superior and therefore fail less?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

I don't see it as "No matter what you do, you will fail", I see it as being honest, and giving credence to the experiences of people who are not me. And to challenge systems designed to make people fail even in spite of effort. One can, of course, overcome those systems--but that doesn't mean that those systems should be left unchallenged and unchanged.

If a system was designed to hurt a particular group of people, should we not challenge it because some overcome it? Or should we bring reform, so that we can better establish equity in our society for the equal opportunity of all?

Three men are going to race, in a fair race all three are at the same position at the starting line, and all three begin running when the signal is given. But it is an unfair race if we put extra obstacles in front of one racer, or if we force them to begin further back, or don't let them run until the others have already gotten through half the race track. That doesn't mean that one can't still win, or place well in the race--but the odds have been unfairly stacked against them, and "life's not fair" isn't an adequate to address this, not when something can be made more fair.

What is being declared here is that we recognize the unfair disadvantages which have purposefully been designed into the race for certain participants. And that we level the playing field to design fairness and equity for all into that race. So that grit, determination, and merit actually do matter equally to all.

When I was a child I attended a small religious school that was attached to a particular church, my family weren't members of that church. It became clear to me while I was a student there that I was treated differently because of this. I had teachers (not all, but some) who definitely showed preferential treatment to those students whose parents were church members. My parents didn't believe me, or my younger brother, when we shared our experiences from school, believing we were simply just kids expressing our dislike of school. It wasn't until many years later, when we no longer attended that school, that my parents began to hear similar stories from other parents about how their kids were treated that they realized that we weren't exaggerating or lying, but telling the truth.

I don't share this because "I'm a victim, woe is me!" I share this because I remember the pain as a child wanting to fit in, wanting to have friends, and wanting to try my best and being constantly discouraged and rebuffed for my efforts. I remember hating how I felt, I remember hating myself for feeling worthless. And I don't want anyone to feel like I did--and my experience is nothing at all compared to how millions of people are made to feel every day.

I want people to feel like their efforts matter, that when they work hard they are rewarded for their merit, not their privilege.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Drats, I knew I should have been a CEO instead of a poor benighted engineer! Interesting that my 75% Asian young 'uns ended up as (in descending order of age), a professional violinist, a doctor, and an engineer. Maybe their 25% whiteness was the deciding factor, although you'll never persuade their mom of that. <Laugh>

But seriously, I think parents arew the key. Asian parents will move heaven and earth to see to it that their kids get the best possible education, and always push the kids to do their level best at whatever it is they're doing. I think anyone who discounts that as a reason for Asians excelling at so may things has rocks in their heads. And to blame a lack of acheivement some Evil Racial Conspiracy, i.e., "white supremacy", is simply to sanction failure.

I think you’re right. I am friends with a very successful, hardworking, African American woman who is a Republican as well, interestingly; she has wonderful parents and a strong extended family in Louisiana and Texas.

The problem isn’t race, its the left’s War on the Family, which has affected some African American communities more than others due to various acts of political subterfuge the Democrats use to try to control that voting base, which involves massive welfare, incompetent management of police resources so that viable father figures are arrested, in some cases on completely false allegations, and a massive presence of abortion clinics in predominantly African American communities, ready to keep the population under control. Trump’s Criminal Justice reforms will likely improve the problem, but the whole Defund the Police / Antifa movement will frustrate such efforts by interfering with crime-preventing, gang-suppressing Community Based Policing, which is vital to keep Black children safe from criminal gangs that seek to exploit them and whose continued existence on such a large scale is due largely to the corruption and incompetence I mentioned above (in contrast, La Cosa Nostra has been mostly eradicated, which proves that with sufficient resources, gangs can be stopped).

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
My question is what are white abolitionists abolishing? where concerned the civil war era abolitionists they stood for abolishing the institution of slavery...

Is a white abolitionist abolishing white people? That's nothing short of insane... Why would white people sign up for that?

And if you don't sign up for it what does that make you? A white supremacist? Really? Because someone won't work against their best interest and just kill themself on the alter of diversity?

This entire outlook is nothing short of insanity, and that anyone anywhere buys into this nonsense is nothing short of shocking...
I wonder how it would have gone over if the same had been applied to the Black community. Let's start with Malcolm X as number one role model and Martin Luther King as the bad guy.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟166,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
My biracial self voted for Obama because he wasn't John McCain, and voted for Romney because he wasn't Obama. Then again, I may be a Yellow Supremacist and thus had no one to vote for.
I know you’re joking but yellow supremacists are scary, too. They’re just way more subtle about it, even in their mainland.
The Japanese used to be awful but they still refer to stupid foreigners as Baka gaijin or gaikokujin. I personally don’t think gaijin or gaikokujin is racist as living in Japan for ten years as kid of a Ha-fu(kinda?) I knew that it was more about context than anything else. I’ve called my husband a gaijin when he eats ramen or udon with a fork like a barbarian lol.
Koreans used to be bitter (not talking about N Korea and some people of S Korean seem to still be) but I mean honestly, that’s a lot of really dark history to just “get over”.
I know I always get weird looks from the Korean or Japanese grocer when I say my grandfather (who was born around 1939) was half Korean and half Japanese. Even stranger looks when I tell them it was my great grandfather who was Korean and my great grandmother who was Japanese. Both Koreans and Japanese get really confused and intrigued. Because it’s usually the man who was Japanese at that time. It’s cute (because of their surprise) and sad (because of the history of it all). My heart will always weep for Korea and her history.

But one that everyone should keep an eye out on is mainland China. They are really yellow (more specifically Chinese) supremacists. They tend to be subtle abroad but in the mainland, they can be racist. Like, it is one thing to be white, another thing completely to be a black person living in mainland China.

All of Asia, there is so much history between countries (and were just talking about China, Japan, and Korea) of these countries thinking they are the superior race it’s easy to say, “get over it” those cuts run deep.

Asian race relations is complicated and interesting and oh so exhausting lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟166,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Ah yes. Tiger moms. Lol.
I will say one thing though, this isn’t always the best thing. It can burn out the child from a young age. It has to be balance. I’ve seen some push too hard, be too rigid and it backfires. The kid rebels or just gives up from the pressure cooker.
The kid still has to have space to be their own person. Not every child is going to be a doctor, lawyer or engineer. Not every child is a prodigy. Every child is gifted but they may be gifted in ways that these tiger parents aren’t looking for or haven’t seen (or wish to).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
And what is the cause of those things? What is the absolute root cause of people with black skin having such vastly different success and wealth? What causes the poor decision making? It is a problem with their brains, are they born that way?
Once more you seem to refuse to grasp my meanings and instead simply appear to be trying to provoke a response. If this is your best effort we can discontinue the conversation at any time.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Once more you seem to refuse to grasp my meanings and instead simply appear to be trying to provoke a response. If this is your best effort we can discontinue the conversation at any time.
If you don’t think I’m grasping your meaning, why not help me understand? Is not grasping your meaning some kind of affront?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It’s a yes or no question. Do you think blacks have inherent qualities that cause them to fail?
No it is not. But the control of failure rests with the person you see in the mirror everyday.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Is not grasping your meaning some kind of affront?
No, it is just you continue to attempt to derail the thread by posting questions completely off topic. If you want to discuss the inherent abilities of blacks please feel free to start a thread on it.....probably in one of the science forums (I guess they have those)?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.