Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I work in midtown manhattan and have done so for decades (well, till the last few weeks) and I do daily business with business owners, executives, and others in the city and state and that's why I know your opinion is ill-informed. Most people who say they wouldn't live there most likely couldn't live there anyway. And your cartoon makes no sense at all.

Sure it does. Everyone knows Jesus was pro-gun.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The contrast between the Trump and the Cuomo briefings is illuminating - with the President its "amateur hour" with a rambling, unfocused response which one suspects is a thinly-veiled infomercial for his re-election campaign

In marked contrast, the Governor comes across as insightful, organized and the reflection of an informed politician who has actually taken the time to have a full command of the facts!

Exactly!

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NY Governor Cuomo gave a new update on the Coronavirus just now; and it was the most informed and even uplifting news conference I have heard from a politician about it.
I listened to a couple of his on YouTube to keep up on what is going on there and all of them were very good.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Isn’t Seoul, S.Korea larger than NY? And has fared far better than most places?
But S Korean people are much better at following gov directives than we are plus I believe their 'federal' gov can simply order a lockdown wheareas we can't.....

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
But S Korean people are much better at following gov directives than we are plus I believe their 'federal' gov can simply order a lockdown wheareas we can't.....
South korea didn't have a lockdown. They aggressively tested and then isolated cases.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Where in my comment did I make that claim?
My point was that they didn't need a lockdown, due to extensive testing and isolation, so any possible ability to lockdown by the federal government has played no role.. If we had taken proper precautions, including not disbanding the very organization responsible for coordinating our response, we probably wouldn't be facing lockdowns today.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gov Cuomo gave another great update.

One of the things he said I liked was that people are reaching out to help one another; and 10,000 retired health workers stepped up to volunteer to help out; in one day!
He; and they make you proud to be an American.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums