Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
New York attorney general accuses Gov. Cuomo of undercounting nursing home deaths by as much as 50% (msn.com)

"The attorney general's findings directly contradict a report released by the Cuomo administration in July, which refuted claims that the governor's order for COVID patients to be transferred to nursing homes did not contribute to the deaths because they "were no longer contagious when admitted and therefore were not a source of infection.""

"Cuomo wrote a book about his coronavirus response and won an International Emmy Award for his daily briefings, touting his self-proclaimed "just the facts" approach to the pandemic in an ongoing victory lap."

Should we consider it a how not to book?

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cuomo has a mixed record, for sure.

I don't think his record is mixed at all. I can't think of anything, off the top of my head, that he has done that I consider to be a positive.

• Agree
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am extremely surprised that the Attorney General has done this. As always , being the skeptic that I am, I have to wonder if there is some political motive behind it. I can think of a few possible ones but for now I will give her the benefit of the doubt and consider that she is faithfully doing her job and nothing more.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have to wonder if there is some political motive behind it.
I think that's a pretty safe bet. The NY AG office is traditionally a stepping stone to the governorship. What exactly her calculus is I don't know. Perhaps she sees the scandal is great enough that Cuomo, EMMY and gushing media accolades notwithstanding, will not be able to suppress it forever (which he has done with his role in the subprime mortgage crisis), and she needs to get on the right side of history quickly in order to keep he career path alive.

Last I knew, Cuomo was refusing to release the details on the nursing home deaths. Instead, it's Trump's fault, of course. His perverse directive has been estimated to have killed between 11,000 and 18,000 seniors.

Here's a shot of his brilliant 3/25 mandatory directive. He effectively sent Covid patients into dense accumulations of the most vulnerable population.

cuomo, clipped.png

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that's a pretty safe bet. The NY AG office is traditionally a stepping stone to the governorship. What exactly her calculus is I don't know. Perhaps she sees the scandal is great enough that Cuomo, EMMY and gushing media accolades notwithstanding, will not be able to suppress it forever (which he has done with his role in the subprime mortgage crisis), and she needs to get on the right side of history quickly in order to keep he career path alive.

Last I knew, Cuomo was refusing to release the details on the nursing home deaths. Instead, it's Trump's fault, of course. His perverse directive has been estimated to have killed between 11,000 and 18,000 seniors.

Here's a shot of his brilliant 3/25 mandatory directive. He effectively sent Covid patients into dense accumulations of the most vulnerable population.

View attachment 294150

It would seem counterproductive to her governor ambitions to harm Cuomo's chance for a White House run by exposing how incompetent he has been to the rest of the nation. A nation that has only been exposed to propaganda implying he has a modicum of competence. That would mean he would be remaining in the governor's office indefinitely. As a large percentage of New York City voters have never experienced competent State or local government, they are unlikely to understand that such a thing as voting against the Democratic Party nominee is even a possibility or that they could vote against Cuomo without his express permission or a waiver of some kind from a high ranking NY State Democratic party official.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It would seem counterproductive to her governor ambitions to harm Cuomo's chance for a White House run
Biden's ascension, with Obama calling the shots, means Cuomo's chances for the WH are nil for the foreseeable future. The Party is run from the top-down behind the scenes, Chicago-style, as the last primary dynamics show, so this would be a good time to hit Cuomo with impunity.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah. He did some things great but he certainly made some questionable decisions. I mean, who KNOWS what they should have done with all of those nursing home folks but I'm not sure their plan was the best one.
Cuomo knew what to do, he moved infected people into the nursing homes. Then he immediately blamed everyone except himself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums