USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have found that prayer is the best remedy for situations like yours. Keeping our hearts free of unforgiveness and bitterness is a must. Seeking the Lord’s assistance to relinquish the hurt and pursuing peace for parties is ideal.

When we rest in the fact we were wronged the desire for retribution remains. But when we glimpse their wretchedness in light of ours a different word comes forth. This is the one we should grab hold of.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I used to say stupid things not realizing how it might have come across to the other person. That person also made a habit of hurting my feelings. Lesson learned --- I had to withdraw from that acquaintance because it grieved me so much to always feel as if I could never gain that person's approval. But God opened my eyes to show me how to treat others!

The first principle that Dale Carnegie offered to his audience was “Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain.” This ideal teaches us to be kind and thoughtful when considering other peoples’ feelings. Its about showing respect to get respect – treating others the way you want to be treated. This principle encourages an open mind when talking other people.

Don’t criticize a person for having a different opinion than you because everyone’s opinion matters regardless of whether there is 100 percent agreement. If you skip right to criticizing, you will never get anything accomplished. The most common natural reaction for someone is to clam up and shy away from a conversation with you. This is especially important in the workplace when trying to settle a conflict. Conflict resolution does not happen by criticizing your fellow team members...
Don't Criticize, Condemn, or Complain

Ephesians 4:29 - 32
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just have a question because I’m struggling to forgive someone for really messing with my feelings but they don’t even realize they did it. Regardless if God deals with them in anyway... I guess everything happens for a reason, right?

Romans 5 reminds Believers that God commended His love toward us in that while we (the whole of Humanity) were undeserving sinners, Christ died for us.

Later, we are instructed at the end Ephesians 4, that the key to being able to forgive others is to focus on what we have been reminded of in Romans 5 - about each our own unmerited forgiveness.

In other words, forgiving ourselves and or others (at least for the Believer) is not to be based on our feelings and or on whether or not others make amends, rather, on the fact of our belief - that Christ died for sins.

What we're left with is a means whereby we can begin to choose to exercise our will over our feelings by simply focusing on the fact that we choose to focus on the fact that Christ died for their sin too.

Theirs too, is an unmerited forgiveness.

What does this kind of forgiving "feel" like?

It's sort like when we wake up in the morning, don't feel like getting up, but then, we focus on why we must get up, exercise our will over our emotions, and just get up.

Notice what our focus can be -

Ephesians 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

You see that - even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

That can be our focus, our "forgive you because..."

Result?

Such hurts and or would be hurts not only end up just one more tribulation able to work patience, Romans 5, but an opportunity to recall our own unmerited favor, and, an opportunity to...

Philippians 2:14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; 2:16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Philippians 1:28 And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

In fact, I once forgave someone their having chosen to reject my having forgiven them, lol.

Why? Because Christ died for their sins while they were undeserving sinners - whether or not they choose to believe on Him.

In short, Romans 5: 6-8 in each - our stead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just have a question because I’m struggling to forgive someone for really messing with my feelings but they don’t even realize they did it. Regardless if God deals with them in anyway... I guess everything happens for a reason, right?

To forgive somebody is to give up on your hope
that the past will be better than it was.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I usually pray this:

Luke 23:34
But Jesus was saying, “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.”

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

He deals with them the same way He deals with you. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and God demonstrates His love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums