UK
✟17,182.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I thought it may be helpful to have a 'go to' place for simple and creative ideas to nurture our relationship with God. This is for everyone but especially bearing in mind that some of us may need lifting up with encouragement, or may not be in a place to do take in lots of information at once.

If referring to scripture, it would be great if you are able to say how you've found it a help in your own walk, or whether someone else has drawn your attention to it and shared something helpful..

To start off, as I've often just read my bible in a rush, I'm beginning with what may seem very obvious but sometimes I need reminding .....

• Prayerfully and carefully reading scriptures.
I definitely notice the difference when i put this into practice.

And, another idea from a friend, for someone struggling...
  • Find somewhere in the bible that you've found to be a blessing or reassures you and 'camp there' for a while, meditating and mulling over the context or meaning - do you have a favourite psalm or verses?

Now I've written these, I realise to some they may seem too simple, but for those who feel blocked or discouraged, perhaps they and further ideas may help....

Last edited:

TriciaR

Jul 29, 2020
Kendal
✟18,155.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thought it may be helpful to have a 'go to' place for simple and creative ideas to nurture our relationship with God. This is for everyone but especially bearing in mind that some of us may need lifting up with encouragement, or may not be in a place to do take in lots of information at once.

If referring to scripture, it would be great if you are able to say how you've found it a help in your own walk, or whether someone else has drawn your attention to it and shared something helpful..

To start off, as I've often just read my bible in a rush, I'm beginning with what may seem very obvious but sometimes I need reminding .....

• Prayerfully and carefully reading scriptures.
I definitely notice the difference when i put this into practice.

And, another idea from a friend, for someone struggling...
  • Find somewhere in the bible that you've found to be a blessing or reassures you and 'camp there' for a while, meditating and mulling over the context or meaning - do you have a favourite psalm or verses?

Now I've written these, I realise to some they may seem too simple, but for those who feel blocked or discouraged, perhaps they and further ideas may help....

Last edited:
Upvote 0