• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Numbness and Struggle

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I feel numb inside. I don't seem to feel any emotion right now. Sometimes I cry when I hear some songs, aside from that I don't feel nothing. Only pain and numbness. It's hard to have faith in God when you're numb. It's hard to distinguish the truth from the false belief. What are the solutions? Most certainly the doctor doesn't decrease the medication. He's only been adding and adding to it. I stopped taking one by my own decision because I felt awfully. And still do. I'm struggling to talk to God and have faith, because it feels I'm just wasting words and talking things to the air.

And I know it's difficult for people to identify with people with metal illnesses, but we don't have them because we want them, we don't wish for them. So bear that in mind.

Last edited:

gloriousday2006

Jul 8, 2017
Fargo
✟31,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I want you to know that I am praying for you. I also want to assure you that God is there even when you don't feel it. I have struggled the past few months with severe religious OCD which led to intense panic attacks, fear, guilt, and then depersonalization. The depersonalization led to emotional numbness, which is a terrifying feeling. My point in telling you this, is that God is bigger than our situations, He is bigger than how we feel.

I know it can be so hard to connect when feeling that way, but God hears your.

1 John 3:20 for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

Isaiah 55:8-9
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Psalm 38:8
I am numb and greatly bruised [deadly cold and completely worn out];
I groan because of the disquiet and moaning of my heart.

Psalm 61:2
from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I,

John 6:37
All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. (I love this)

The emotionally numb feeling is probably the toughest one of all, but even in that state God knows what is going on. He is with you. Keep in his word. Talk to God, share your thoughts with Him, pray and hand it over to Him. He is the great physician, mighty to save and heal. You will get through this with God. Cling to Jesus and He will never let you down.

I am sending you a virtual hug . God is good all the time, even when we don't understand. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, but not seen. For we walk by FAITH, not by sight.

If you ever need someone to talk with feel free to message me. We are the body of Christ and are called to love and encourage. Remember, you can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lord'sWarrior
Upvote 0