Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Communication is one of God's most fascinating creations. My moms dog was trying to tell her there was a young opossum in the house and my mom did not pay attention, she thought she was just barking. My mom said she will never ignore her again. Everything God created has a way to communicate from a dog to a blade of grass that turns yellow when it needs water. God showed us how He communicates in the story of Elijah . 1 Kings 19:11 Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord .” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord , but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; 12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire ]a still small voice. 13 So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. Suddenly a voice came to him, and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

He showed us with Moses Who provides the voice if we trust in Him. He showed us in Numbers 22 with the donkey , He can communicate any way He wants to. From Angels to a donkey God does what He wants. We are the ones that are limited because we limit Him as Moses did.

Humans communicate all kinds of ways now , we have gone from smoke signals and letters sent by horseman to a tweet that can be seen around the world in a second.

As babies we cry to communicate to our parents our needs or wants. That never goes away ,we still cry to communicate. We have to develop our communication skills over time. Depending on how our parents communicated and allowed us as children to communicate depends if we are Moses or Aaron.

Never limit God as Moses or Balaam did. Pay attention to all that is in your life, from a child to a donkey and stop and ask what is being communicated and never assume as my mom did nothing is wrong or change of direction is not needed as with Balaam.

Numbers 22: 31 Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand; and he bowed his head and fell flat on his face. 32 And the Angel of the Lord said to him, “Why have you struck your donkey these three times? Behold, I have come out to stand against you, because your way is perverse before Me. 33 The donkey saw Me and turned aside from Me these three times. If she had not turned aside from Me, surely I would also have killed you by now, and let her live.”

Never limit communications , God can speak through anyone or thing He chooses... If a child is acting as the donkey in Numbers 22 do not assume anything, watch and listen. Allow that child to express without fear. Then seek the answer from God the author of communication. Children like that donkey sense and see things different until about 7 years old. They may act like the donkey and it seem wrong, do not be Balaam.

Numbers 22: 23 Now the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand, and the donkey turned aside out of the way and went into the field. So Balaam struck the donkey to turn her back onto the road. 24 Then the Angel of the Lord stood in a narrow path between the vineyards, with a wall on this side and a wall on that side. 25 And when the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord , she pushed herself against the wall and crushed Balaam’s foot against the wall; so he struck her again. 26 Then the Angel of the Lord went further, and stood in a narrow place where there was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left. 27 And when the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord , she lay down under Balaam; so Balaam’s anger was aroused, and he struck the donkey with his staff.

Our reactions like Balaam's come from what we are taught or what the world says , when everything is suppose to be about God...If you are struggling with communication go to the Author and be open minded how that answer may come...

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello, and a belated welcome to CF. :)

Interesting post. Communication is indeed a precious gift given by God. :)

By the way, it doesn't look like you're asking for advice here, so staff may move your thread to a more suitable area. This one doesn't allow people to discuss with each other, for example - only you - and is for asking for advice. Just thought I'd let you know. You don't need to do anything. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions though.

And again, welcome to CF. :)

Communication is one of God's most fascinating creations. My moms dog was trying to tell her there was a young opossum in the house and my mom did not pay attention, she thought she was just barking. My mom said she will never ignore her again. Everything God created has a way to communicate from a dog to a blade of grass that turns yellow when it needs water. God showed us how He communicates in the story of Elijah . 1 Kings 19:11 Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord .” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord , but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; 12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire ]a still small voice. 13 So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. Suddenly a voice came to him, and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

He showed us with Moses Who provides the voice if we trust in Him. He showed us in Numbers 22 with the donkey , He can communicate any way He wants to. From Angels to a donkey God does what He wants. We are the ones that are limited because we limit Him as Moses did.

Humans communicate all kinds of ways now , we have gone from smoke signals and letters sent by horseman to a tweet that can be seen around the world in a second.

As babies we cry to communicate to our parents our needs or wants. That never goes away ,we still cry to communicate. We have to develop our communication skills over time. Depending on how our parents communicated and allowed us as children to communicate depends if we are Moses or Aaron.

Never limit God as Moses or Balaam did. Pay attention to all that is in your life, from a child to a donkey and stop and ask what is being communicated and never assume as my mom did nothing is wrong or change of direction is not needed as with Balaam.

Numbers 22: 31 Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand; and he bowed his head and fell flat on his face. 32 And the Angel of the Lord said to him, “Why have you struck your donkey these three times? Behold, I have come out to stand against you, because your way is perverse before Me. 33 The donkey saw Me and turned aside from Me these three times. If she had not turned aside from Me, surely I would also have killed you by now, and let her live.”

Never limit communications , God can speak through anyone or thing He chooses... If a child is acting as the donkey in Numbers 22 do not assume anything, watch and listen. Allow that child to express without fear. Then seek the answer from God the author of communication. Children like that donkey sense and see things different until about 7 years old. They may act like the donkey and it seem wrong, do not be Balaam.

Numbers 22: 23 Now the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand, and the donkey turned aside out of the way and went into the field. So Balaam struck the donkey to turn her back onto the road. 24 Then the Angel of the Lord stood in a narrow path between the vineyards, with a wall on this side and a wall on that side. 25 And when the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord , she pushed herself against the wall and crushed Balaam’s foot against the wall; so he struck her again. 26 Then the Angel of the Lord went further, and stood in a narrow place where there was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left. 27 And when the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord , she lay down under Balaam; so Balaam’s anger was aroused, and he struck the donkey with his staff.

Our reactions like Balaam's come from what we are taught or what the world says , when everything is suppose to be about God...If you are struggling with communication go to the Author and be open minded how that answer may come...

Upvote 0

Drought of the Heart

Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2018
Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello, and a belated welcome to CF. :)

Interesting post. Communication is indeed a precious gift given by God. :)

By the way, it doesn't look like you're asking for advice here, so staff may move your thread to a more suitable area. This one doesn't allow people to discuss with each other, for example - only you - and is for asking for advice. Just thought I'd let you know. You don't need to do anything. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions though.

And again, welcome to CF. :)
Oh sorry and thanks so only questions ? Still learning the ropes

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh sorry and thanks so only questions ? Still learning the ropes
No worries at all. You don't need to do anything. I just thought I'd let you know.

And yes, Christian Advice is for asking advice from other Christians, so it would always be a question. :)

There are so many forums here, but regulars usually quickly find a few that suit them. Don't worry, it will become easy. And if you have questions, just ask. The Statement of Purpose which can be found on many forums explains that particular forum.

Depending on what kind of discussion you want - a post like this could go under Spiritual formation, general theology, daily devotion, or several other places.

But feel free to ask anytime, and they can be moved if necessary. :)

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON
262241_97344f3feba7d2020816cbb9e9ef87d8.jpeg

This Thread
From Christian Advice to Deeper Fellowship

as This is a More Fitting Forum
for this subject
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,706.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

This is actually a forum for asking for advice.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I found this a very inspiring read. It is amazing how much God can do to reach us, and the experience will be very individually put!

Jesus also said In Luke 19:39-40

"And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.

And He answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."

God can even make the stones cry out if this is needed! Nothing is impossible for our God! :) :amen:

Last edited:
Upvote 0