Visit site
✟174,116.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A wise person once said "You don't have to love the whole world. It's enough to love the person that's standing right in front of you!"

Which certainly helps in this world, but in heaven the issue of "having to love everyone" doesn't even exist.

1Jn 3:2 says "But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is".
All the people in heaven will have the same mindset, I don't think it's possible to not love your "soulmates".

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Imagine getting to heaven to be with God, and Jesus, and you did not love everyone...

That would be hell would it not?

1 John 3:15 Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that eternal life does not reside in a murderer.

1 John 4:20 If anyone says, "I love God," but hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

This is just as drastically sharp as it sounds like.

Not a single racist can enter heaven.

(All races will be there we can expect: Acts chapter 8, or Moses's new wife from 'Cush' are only 2 examples)

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Imagine getting to heaven to be with God, and Jesus, and you did not love everyone...

We are judged BEFORE we get to heaven.

Revelation 22:12

Berean Literal Bible
"Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to each as is his work.

The first resurrection (of the saved) happens when He returns ... that is when all the saved are taken to heaven to be with Him. The 2nd resurrection (of the lost) happens later.

1 Thessalonians 4

The Return of the Lord

13Brothers, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death,cso that you will not grieve like the rest, who are without hope. 14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him.

15By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise.

17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

18Therefore encourage one another with these words.

• Informative
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What do you think Heaven will be like?

Of course, the real challenge for many of us isn't the easier one to just love people of every ethnicity and skin color (it's harder for some, but for many of us that is not the hardest part, or it can be for many or most of us entirely effortless).

Instead, the real challenge I expect for most of us is when a person attacks or slights us personally, that we can do the challenging "love your enemy".

Which I think is very hard to do unless we pray as Christ taught us, so that we have divine aid!

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course, the real challenge for many of us isn't the easier one to just love people of every ethnicity and skin color (it's harder for some, but for many of us that is not the hardest part).

Instead, the real challenge I expect for most of us is when a person attacks or slights us personally, that we can do the challenging "love your enemy".

Which I think is very hard to do unless we pray as Christ taught us, so that we have divine aid!

@Halbhh That is right. The wisest decision would be to need of prayer and asking God for wisdom, and ask for the Lord to give us strength to love even strangers we do not know. You are right when you say it is hard for us to do, but with God all things are made possible by worshiping in spirit and in truth.

A wise person once said "You don't have to love the whole world. It's enough to love the person that's standing right in front of you!"

Which certainly helps in this world, but in heaven the issue of "having to love everyone" doesn't even exist.

1Jn 3:2 says "But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is".
All the people in heaven will have the same mindset, I don't think it's possible to not love your "soulmates".

Friedrich, not so sure, what about scriptures that pertain to living peacefully with all men, that prayers be made for all men even kings and those who are in authority in earth?

What about scriptures that say, you love the same who love you what good does that do?

Are you able to love others that are not the same as you?

In my view of what heaven is like, it is believed that even there we have free will.

God gave free will to Adam and Even, even to the angels in heaven. I believe it is part of his nature to let us have free will because we were created by the Word.

Yes i love everyone but i don’t necessarily agree with everyone:grinning:

Kingsdaughter85, That is true sister! That is a good attitude to have as well, sometimes it is better when we let things go instead of harping on anything that we as individuals may not agree with. Let the truth be known and find a different topic of discussion.

We are judged BEFORE we get to heaven.

Revelation 22:12

Berean Literal Bible
"Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to each as is his work.

The first resurrection (of the saved) happens when He returns ... that is when all the saved are taken to heaven to be with Him. The 2nd resurrection (of the lost) happens later.

1 Thessalonians 4

The Return of the Lord

13Brothers, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death,cso that you will not grieve like the rest, who are without hope. 14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him.

15By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise.

17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

18Therefore encourage one another with these words.

Ele, Thank you for sharing this with us, about judgement. Though this is not really what the topic is about, thank you for sharing with us still though.

• Haha
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You are very smart, and that is correct. Unbelievers would still exist even outside of heavens walls, (In reference I speak of Heavenly Jerusalem),and those who are outside of the gates would be unbelievers.

Seems like people in heaven are always busy, why is that? Are the ones who are in the city with God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, able to stay busy and go bring the Light of Jesus Christ, outside the city gates unto those who are still lost?

Thank you so much for your response, and may you be blessed friend.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Ele, Thank you for sharing this with us, about judgement. Though this is not really what the topic is about, thank you for sharing with us still though.

The reason I brought up judgement is because once we enter into heaven there won't be any guilt or remorse ... we are deemed (were judged) and found completely innocent and not guilty through the blood of Christ before we enter there .... so the issue of ... did we love everyone (or any other sin one committed while on earth and were forgiven) is a non-issue in heaven. We no longer have an accuser in heaven.

Revelation 12
10And I heard a loud voice in heaven saying:
“Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of His Christ.
For the accuser of our brothers (satan) has been thrown down—
he who accuses them day and night before our God.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟839,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Imagine getting to heaven to be with God, and Jesus, and you did not love everyone

What do you think "love" means? What am I not doing if I am not loving everyone? Does it mean I don't feel a certain way for everyone? Is love a feeling? If love is a feeling, then loving everyone is going to be very difficult.

On the other hand, if love is a.desire for what is best for the other person, then we will love everyone in heaven, so long as we want them to be there. And, let's face it, who are we to say someone is in heaven who doesn't belong?

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Cor 13:1-3
If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.

1 Cor 13:8-13
Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part; 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 13 But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Rev 21:1-4

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
what about scriptures that pertain to living peacefully with all men, that prayers be made for all men even kings and those who are in authority in earth?
It's both. God wants us to care about any and all people, to have hope in prayer for any person, at all > love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7). And God wants us to personally love ones we actually know and see.

Someone who is actually effecting our lives can be more of a test, than someone hurting a lot of people, but you see it only in the news.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And, let's face it, who are we to say someone is in heaven who doesn't belong?
I think everyone will be surprised at where they end up. And at who else is there with them. - lol

• Agree
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Agallagher --- I think Christians have an odd idea about love. It helped me when I realized that God likes me. Let me explain.

As Christians we feel obligated to SAY that we love everyone. But we think that doesn't mean that we have to like them. In fact, we can be completely indifferent toward someone, and think we are in the right.

I heard a sermon about indifference that complete changed my understanding on this subject. Indifference is the extreme in the middle. If you create a range of emotion with hate at one end and love at the other, indifference is the extreme in the middle. The person who is indifferent feels that they are in the right because they claim they don't hate someone. Rather, they are completely indifferent.

In reality, I prefer the honesty of hatred to the cowardice of indifference. The person that hates me doesn't deny my very existence.

Back to what I was saying about God liking me. God doesn't just love me, in the obligatory Christian way, he actually likes me. When you like someone, you WANT to have a relationship with them. You actually look forward to being with them. This is much BIGGER that obligatory love.

As Christians we don't want to be with the majority of those we claim to love. Because we don't like them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Agallagher,

My litmus test for love is 1 Corinthians 13. I used to pray it frequently in the past. But the telling part is when you personalize the text and apply it to another. That’s when you encounter the indiscernible chinks in your belief you weren’t aware of.

Thus, love is patient and kind is a far cry from my love for X is patient and kind. That cuts to the heart of the matter.

There’s a love recounted in words and devoid of works and there’s agape. My benchmark for love is agape. I’ve reached that place for some but not for others. But I’m making progress.

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Jesus is YHWH @public hermit @com7fy8 @Saint Steven @LaBèlla. Hey thank you all for your insight, and shared scriptures.

To me love does no ill to their neighbor. From my life a lot of my early teenage years, and early adult life had a lot of fight and hate in them.

Agape Love, is where the spirit can allow us to be in our life, to love (in the sense as Labella shared) 1 Corinthians 13.

There is a difference between looking at someone, hating them, talking behind their back, wishing death upon them.

Than someone who is able to allow forgiveness, share kindness to any stranger, encourage and support others, which is apart of Agape Love.

@Saint Steven I see where you would want someone to be honest with you if they hated you, and that makes sense to me. At least who ever is saying it is being honest and truthful towards you.

Something that bothered me a lot was seeing you, myself, jesusisYhwh, Der Alte, and Finelinen fighting it all out about the passion of belief of what happens to every one in the afterlife but couldn't say that I would hate any of you. (Is that a good example?) Lol.

Thank you all again for your insights and comments, it has been helpful.

May peace, mercy, grace abound by God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ to you and your families.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Saint Steven I see where you would want someone to be honest with you if they hated you, and that makes sense to me. At least who ever is saying it is being honest and truthful towards you.

Something that bothered me a lot was seeing you, myself, jesusisYhwh, Der Alte, and Finelinen fighting it all out about the passion of belief of what happens to every one in the afterlife but couldn't say that I would hate any of you. (Is that a good example?) Lol.
What I was attempting to address is the disingenuous "love" (which I called obligatory) that I see in Christianity. (I'm guilty as well)

We understand, as a matter of doctrine, that we HAVE to love everyone. So, as a general rule, we SAY that we love everyone. But by our actions we prove who we really like. (those we WANT to be with)

Therefore, I think "like" is a better test of affection than "love". That's why I say that God likes me. He doesn't just love me, in the obligatory way. (because he HAS to) - lol

• Informative
Upvote 0

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private

What do you think Heaven will be like?

Do you love the enemies of God?

• Useful
Upvote 0