You throw the most random stuff together and
try to make arguments out of it.

You have the same history as the rest of us, and
the same bible. That is, by charismatic, I have to
assume you're Christian or at least attend church
occasionally.

Tell me what in that history inside or out of that
church makes you think that the world of believers
is wrong and you are the only prophet of nudity.

Hi Pat34lee,
Random stuff? I was only commenting on the verses you brought up in Gen.3 I didn't bring up any ideas beyond what you posted and Gen.3
Yes, I have been a Christian for 5 decades now. I have studied the Bible for the same amount of time. I'm not a prophet of anything let alone nudity. What I was trying to understand was your view on God making clothes for Adam and Eve. You said that was an example for us that we should also be dressed. By that I understand you are saying is the actions of God teach us how to love. So God had them take off the aprons of fig leaves and killed an animal to make the clothes of fur pelts. It seems to me to be consistent, with this way of reading the Bible then cloths of plant material made by man's hands aren't good enough then just like Adam and Eve we would need clothes made by God of animal fur skins.
So I'm asking you if that is what you believe or if not, then how can you pick a small part of Gen.3 and ignore the rest?

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hi Pat34lee,
Random stuff? I was only commenting on the verses you brought up in Gen.3 I didn't bring up any ideas beyond what you posted and Gen.3
Yes, I have been a Christian for 5 decades now. I have studied the Bible for the same amount of time. I'm not a prophet of anything let alone nudity. What I was trying to understand was your view on God making clothes for Adam and Eve. You said that was an example for us that we should also be dressed. By that I understand you are saying is the actions of God teach us how to love. So God had them take off the aprons of fig leaves and killed an animal to make the clothes of fur pelts. It seems to me to be consistent, with this way of reading the Bible then cloths of plant material made by man's hands aren't good enough then just like Adam and Eve we would need clothes made by God of animal fur skins.
So I'm asking you if that is what you believe or if not, then how can you pick a small part of Gen.3 and ignore the rest?

God sent a flood once. That doesn't mean he will
send one every time he judges a city or country.

EDIT*
Tell me one community of Christians who believe
in nudism and who also believe that judgment and
righteousness are dictated by biblical principles.

I must have deleted something from the second
paragraph and had to rewrite part of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God sent a flood once. That doesn't mean he will
send one every time he judges a city or country.

Tell me one community of Christians who believe
in nudism or any group of biblical believers who
believe in judgment and righteousness.

I thought lots of Biblical believers believe in judgment and righteousness...

It's not a denomination or anything, but the nudist resort I frequent has an active church with prayers for members in need, and many community service projects.

Along with a Bible study and worship service every Sunday.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Cedar Waters Village Naturalist Park in NH was started by Christians and has a church service ever Sunday when they are open in the Summer. ... Lots of Christians go to nudist retorts. Most don't advertise it because of how much judgement they get.
The early church baptised believers nude.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It means that though he had the prophet go naked
for years, it doesn't mean he condones anyone else
to do the same. Even when we receive glorified and
sinless bodies, we will be given white robes to wear.
By the same token where does God condemn nudity?

bugkiller

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ya, the Bible doesn't say, you shall have clothes on when you walk down the street. Or you shall not look at a naked person.
Or if you go to the doctor she/he can look at your skin to see what is wrong with you!

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
An interesting question came up on family feud today. For the 5th round the question was name something you strip off. There was a male and female contestant. The male contestant said paint and the female contestant said clothes. That is interesting to me because of the very few ladies that post on this thread.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As I mentioned before, many women enjoy nudity, but few will say so openly.

Considering the criticism men often get for being nudists, it's not surprising that women wish to remain "undercover" (so to speak).

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Cedar Waters Village Naturalist Park in NH was started by Christians and has a church service ever Sunday when they are open in the Summer. ... Lots of Christians go to nudist retorts. Most don't advertise it because of how much judgement they get.
The early church baptised believers nude.

Of course they get judgment. The church is a place
for believers, not a social lounge.

The early Roman church was half-pagan in a totally
pagan culture. The olympic games were originally
played while nude, also.

Last edited:
Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
As I mentioned before, many women enjoy nudity, but few will say so openly.

Considering the criticism men often get for being nudists, it's not surprising that women wish to remain "undercover" (so to speak).

Yes, why should they admit they like to be ogled
by perverts, both men and women? Everyone is
free to run around nude in the privacy of their
own houses, but some want an audience.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Ya, the Bible doesn't say, you shall have clothes on when you walk down the street. Or you shall not look at a naked person.
Or if you go to the doctor she/he can look at your skin to see what is wrong with you!

The bible could be the size of a library and still
not get to every single sin. It gives principles of
behavior, one of which is modesty. Another is
do not tempt others to sin.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, why should they admit they like to be ogled by perverts, both men and women? Everyone is
free to run around nude in the privacy of their own houses, but some want an audience.

"ogled by perverts"; that's funny...:D

For what it's worth, during my first five years of being a nudist, almost no one saw me.

I usually chose remote outdoor locations alone, and only included a couple of friends once (and they weren't perverts).

The nudist resort my family and I go to is open all year, and has relatively few visitors during the winter, especially on weekdays. It's still very enjoyable, even alone.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The bible could be the size of a library and still not get to every single sin. It gives principles of behavior, one of which is modesty. Another is do not tempt others to sin.

Principles are important. Biblical modesty focuses on being humble, and not boasting or showing off one's wealth. All through the Bible, the destructive effects of pride and coveting are warned against.

If God commanded against such detailed sins as weaving cloth from two different fibers and cooking a calf in its mother's milk, He surely would have issued commandments against such a universal and timeless condition as nudity, if it were offensive to Him.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The early Roman church was half-pagan in a totally pagan culture.

My understanding is that the Eastern Orthodox Church commonly baptizes infants nude, and will baptize adults nude if requested. They are certainly not "half-pagan".

We have many Orthodox members here; maybe some will clarify this...

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
To make a comment about perverts being at nudist resorts is not understand those places.
Perverts do visit them .. if they keep going regularly they get healed. If they want to stay perverts they stop going as the environment isn't what they are looking for.

Upvote 0

Sheep dog

Dec 18, 2017
Okahoma
✟13,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
But we must comply to a degree with society.

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

Sheep dog

Dec 18, 2017
Okahoma
✟13,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Of course they get judgment. The church is a place
for believers, not a social lounge.

The early Roman church was half-pagan in a totally
pagan culture. The olympic games were originally
played while nude, also.
? the church being half pagan.

• Winner
Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

Sheep dog

Dec 18, 2017
Okahoma
✟13,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Principles are important. Biblical modesty focuses on being humble, and not boasting or showing off one's wealth. All through the Bible, the destructive effects of pride and coveting are warned against.

If God commanded against such detailed sins as weaving cloth from two different fibers and cooking a calf in its mother's milk, He surely would have issued commandments against such a universal and timeless condition as nudity, if it were offensive to Him.
Many are very immodest in behavior. Modesty has much more to with behavior than limited to just clothes.

Upvote 0