Visit site
✟1,718,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
1. Are the nations of the earth no longer being deceived?
No, nations are no longer deceived.
2. Have those who were beheaded been resurrected and living on earth to reign with Christ for 1,000 years? IOW, has the first resurrection already happened?

Where does it say “living on earth”? Believers are all currently seated with Christ at the right hand of God.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes. See Ephesians 5.

I read the whole chapter and don't know what you're specifically referring to regarding what I asked.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Where does it say “living on earth”? Believers are all currently seated with Christ at the right hand of God.

"They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years."

Are you saying that those who are resurrected are resurrected in Heaven? I don't see that reasoning used anywhere else in scripture when resurrection is mentioned.

For further evidence that they'd be on Earth, let's back up to Revelation 19:

11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords.

In verse 15, we see that Christ will strike down the nations will rule them. Sounds to me like He's on Earth at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, nations are no longer deceived.

Then explain how America, as a nation has now accepted homosexual "marriage" as normal, has embraced abortion in our laws, is teaching children in schools a bunch of woke nonsense. Don't you see the deception in that? Where do you think that deception comes from other than the devil and his demons?
I guarantee you it's not coming from the throne of Christ who is supposedly ruling and reigning. If the devil is bound in the bottomless pit, then where is the deception coming from?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Now, I have a few questions for you to think about and you can answer them if you want.

Where were the souls of the dead martyrs that John saw located?

They were in Heaven.

Is Jesus Christ your King right now? If so, do you understand that means you are in His kingdom now since He is not a King without a kingdom?

Yes, He's my king now, but not reigning as king on Earth yet. I'll explain: David was annointed as king in the OT while King Saul was still in power. David continued in his normal life for quite some time after being annointed as king. So being king doesn't mean reigning as king. It wasn't until a future time that David would be king. Saul remained in charge for the time being.

Compare the following 2 verses:

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Yes, the ones who were resurrected to reign with Christ for 1,000 years. You previously said that Christ's resurrection was the first.

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

"Priests". What do they do? They serve to represent Christ. They don't rule and reign.

What does Revelation 1:5-6 indicate about the timing of Christ's reign with those who are priests in His kingdom? Can you see that John wrote in present tense there? He was talking about a current reality. Should that not tell us something about the timing of Revelation 20:6? I definitely believe so.

John wrote that in the first century. If the millennium was being referred to as the "current reality", then the millennium has been over for more than a thousand years now.

Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were in Heaven.
Correct! I have no prize for you, but good job.

Yes, He's my king now, but not reigning as king on Earth yet. I'll explain: David was annointed as king in the OT while King Saul was still in power. David continued in his normal life for quite some time after being annointed as king. So being king doesn't mean reigning as king. It wasn't until a future time that David would be king. Saul remained in charge for the time being.
Sorry, but this is nonsense. Is Jesus dwelling in you? He said He would come to dwell in His people. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Christ (Rom 8:9). So, He reigns through us because He dwells in us. You said He is your King now. Then you are in His kingdom and you reign with Him. He is not a King without a kingdom.

Yes, the ones who were resurrected to reign with Christ for 1,000 years. You previously said that Christ's resurrection was the first.
Right. I didn't change my mind. You're clearly not understanding what I'm saying. Which isn't surprising since I don't get the sense that you know what Amils believe.

"Priests". What do they do? They serve to represent Christ. They don't rule and reign.
Oh, really? Did you somehow forget about this verse:

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

John wrote that in the first century. If the millennium was being referred to as the "current reality", then the millennium has been over for more than a thousand years now.
The thousand years is a figurative term similar to how the word "thousand" is used figuratively in verses like these:

Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

You wouldn't try to say that this is speaking of a literal thousand generations, would you?

Psalm 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

You wouldn't try to say that the cattle upon the 1001st hill are not the Lord's, right?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I read the whole chapter and don't know what you're specifically referring to regarding what I asked.
So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself;
— Ephesians 5:28

This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church. Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.
— Ephesians 5:32-33

The church is the bride.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
"They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years."

Are you saying that those who are resurrected are resurrected in Heaven? I don't see that reasoning used anywhere else in scripture when resurrection is mentioned.

For further evidence that they'd be on Earth, let's back up to Revelation 19:

11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords.

In verse 15, we see that Christ will strike down the nations will rule them. Sounds to me like He's on Earth at this point.
Why? I am pretty sure He can strike down nations with His Word.

And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
— Matthew 28:18-20

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Then explain how America, as a nation has now accepted homosexual "marriage" as normal, has embraced abortion in our laws, is teaching children in schools a bunch of woke nonsense. Don't you see the deception in that? Where do you think that deception comes from other than the devil and his demons?
I guarantee you it's not coming from the throne of Christ who is supposedly ruling and reigning. If the devil is bound in the bottomless pit, then where is the deception coming from?
Are you deceived?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, but this is nonsense. Is Jesus dwelling in you? He said He would come to dwell in His people. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Christ (Rom 8:9). So, He reigns through us because He dwells in us. You said He is your King now. Then you are in His kingdom and you reign with Him. He is not a King without a kingdom.

Who are we reigning over?

Right. I didn't change my mind. You're clearly not understanding what I'm saying. Which isn't surprising since I don't get the sense that you know what Amils believe.

I'm just trying to figure out where people get ideas that are so contrary to anything I've ever been taught, regardless of the denomination.

Oh, really? Did you somehow forget about this verse:

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The thousand years is a figurative term similar to how the word "thousand" is used figuratively in verses like these:

Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

You wouldn't try to say that this is speaking of a literal thousand generations, would you?

Psalm 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

You wouldn't try to say that the cattle upon the 1001st hill are not the Lord's, right?

In Revelation, it was used more than once, as if not figuratively:
" 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended."

It sure sounds rather specific to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself;
— Ephesians 5:28

This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church. Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.
— Ephesians 5:32-33

The church is the bride.

A bride is what a woman is called before the wedding happens. She's called a wife afterwards. The marriage hasn't happened yet.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
From the responses I've been getting here, it sure sounds like I should think I am.
From this answer, you don’t think you are. So obviously this nation isn’t deceived.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
A bride is what a woman is called before the wedding happens. She's called a wife afterwards. The marriage hasn't happened yet.
You don’t really understand how the Jewish system worked, then. Remember, Joseph and Mary weren’t actually married, yet he was going to give her a certificate of divorce.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A bride is what a woman is called before the wedding happens. She's called a wife afterwards.

She's called a Fiancee or Betrothed before the wedding, once the vows and rings are exchanged, the ceremony is complete and they are pronnounced "Husmand and Wife", she is called the Bride.
"I now pronnounce you Husband and wife. You may Kiss the Bride."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
From this answer, you don’t think you are. So obviously this nation isn’t deceived.

I don't see how I could be equated with the nation. Completely different.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟794,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't see how I could be equated with the nation. Completely different.
If you can name one nation that doesn't even have even one believer in it, then you can claim that there are nations that are still deceived.

If you can't, then you have your answer.

Covenent with the living God was once restricted to 1 tiny nation and the rest of the nations were wholly deceived.
Such is no longer the case.
People from ALL NATIONS are in Covenant with the Living God today.
Not one nation is deceived.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you can name one nation that doesn't even have even one believer in it, then you can claim that there are nations that are still deceived.

If you can't, then you have your answer.

Covenent with the living God was once restricted to 1 tiny nation and the rest of the nations were wholly deceived.
Such is no longer the case.
People from ALL NATIONS are in Covenant with the Living God today.
Not one nation is deceived.

One person does not a nation make. Otherwise, why did Lot have to be taken from Sodom/Gomorrah before they were destroyed? Didn't the fact that Lot was righteous mean that Sodom/Gomorrah weren't deceived and were righteous as well?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't claim that everyone on earth is in His kingdom. Do you have to misunderstand everything you read which results in you constantly misrepresenting what people believe? You never understand anything. Only believers are in His kingdom and I've never said otherwise. But He also has authority over everyone else, just as He Himself said.

Is there something confusing about what He said here:

Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

This was a very straightforward statement that Jesus made. Do you deny that he has all authority in heaven and on earth? I would hope not. It's a very bad idea to reject anything that Jesus said.
I don't deny what you claim. I accept something you deny. I accept a millennial kingdom where every single living human is in His Kingdom.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Now, can you explain your response?
God is going to remove sin at the Second Coming. There will be no more sin period, for 1000 years, after the last of Adam's flesh and blood have left this corruptible body behind.

If you know how sin entered the world, then you know it can leave, when God says it is time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.