✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Does everyone understand that when one first receives the Holy Spirit,
He comes in and dwells inside his spirit ...
... as man is made up of body, soul (mind, will, emotions), and spirit.
Not scriptural;
You do not receive the Holy Spirit of God. You receive the holy spirit of Christ. And our LORD's spirit isn't INSIDE yours. Our 'born again' spirit became ONE with His Christ spirit by its REGENERATION, or RE-birth.

1CO 6:16 Do you not know that he who joins himself to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, "The two shall become one flesh." 17 But he who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with him.

The members of the body of Christ have the holy spirit of Christ in them, not the Holy Spirit of GOD. The corporate 'many membered body' of Christ has 'the Holy Spirit' of God within IT. And WE ARE THAT SINGULAR TEMPLE.

EPH 2:19 Now therefore ye (PL) are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens (PL) with the saints, and of the household (SG) of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone (SG); 21 In whom all the building (SG) fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple (SG) in the Lord: 22 In whom ye (YE) also are builded together for an habitation (SG) of God through the Spirit.

IOW, WE as individual "stones" are built into the "many membered" temple' which God's HOLY SPIRIT dwells in.

1PE 2:4 Come to him (SG), to that living stone (SG), rejected by men but in God's sight chosen and precious; 5 and like living stones be yourselves (PL) built into a spiritual house (SG),

Apply what I have just taught to every one of your "MY BODY IS THE TEMPLE" scriptures and you will see that the "lying scribes"....or fundamentalists since KJV, have once again deceived you by saying "you" every time and not telling you when you was singular (thee, thou) or plural (ye, you). Only the KJV does so, which helps me a lot to prove 'they' fundamentalists never got the Holy Spirit by being born again EITHER, and that's why they need still the baptism after (along with tongues IMO). And this point alone should draw your attention, since you to are charismatic.

And, amazingly enough in my studies, I even found that a Jehovah Witness Greek Interlinear also distinguishes this important fact, in their 'THE KINGDOM TRANSLATION'. They do so by capitalizing the word 'YOU' in the verse when it was PLURAL in the Greek, and leaving it lower case 'you' when it was SINGULAR.

Unregenerate man is spiritually dead.
Regenerated man is spiritually alive.

IMO, Unregenerate man has an empty spirit.
Regenerated man has God's Spirit dwelling in his spirit.

Those regenerated believers
who have also been baptized with the Holy Spirit
have been filled with God's Spirit to overflowing.
(Some insist that the overflowing is the tongues coming out.)
As I read and post this quote.....I read you BC, agreeing with many men before you, but that's not bible. ALL the RED above in my rebut, is BIBLE.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I think you are misunderstanding scripture.
I agree, and I distinguish iniquities and transgressions and sin as being separate entities, just like scripture does.

EXO 34:7 keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children and the children's children, to the third and the fourth generation."

LEV 16:21 and Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the people of Israel, and all their transgressions, all their sins; and he shall put them upon the head of the goat, and send him away into the wilderness by the hand of a man who is in readiness.

JOB 13:23 How many are my iniquities and my sins? Make me know my transgression and my sin.

For me, any theology falling short of defining their difference....simply falls short.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Writing and at the same time song playing "You say" By Lauren Daigie. Always perfect timing Father. Not really sure what this post is about.. I am sure its me. I do agree we should always repent when we sin. A race pops in to mind. I am in this race now. I was not at one time. I had to make the choice to run. And I fall so much..and someone always there to help.. its awesome. What I never noticed was.. it was HIM every time picking me up. Do you know how REAL Jesus is? Do you KNOW how much He loves you?

We need to be secure in this. Not focus on us and sin. Have faith that putting Him 1st.. that He is so good at what He does.. no one better. He will always help you. Always makes a way out. Man I am such a baby. I was thinking of that race and someone helping me.. and then its Him.. I cry.. I still can't understand His love. Not sure if I ever shared this. The other day was thinking about my boys and wife and anyone else. Having to know I can't save them all the things I never did to show Jesus and.. out no where He said "I saved you". Yeah it was no man ..it was always Him that found us.

So yeah.. we need to always repent.. thanks BCsenior.. really. I don't always agree with you.. helped me this moment to think about Him.. His love.. such love.. Thanks brother

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People who try to repent in the power of the flesh that loves to sin are fighting a losing battle. Here's how it works in scripture; Jesus paid for all of my sins, past, present, and future. And just as in America you cannot be punished twice for the same crime, as a Christian, I cannot be punished for any sin no matter how serious. But God chastises those he loves.
In view of this, God gave me a brand new nature that loves him and hates sin. So even if free to sin, it repulses me and I love the fullness of the Spirit that comes from holiness more than anything else.

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” 1 John 3:9 (KJV 1900)

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 3:21 …
To him who overcomes
I will grant to sit with Me on My throne,
as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.”
The above is from the bottom of the OP.

"In the last days, the Lord is raising an army, a church of Philadelphia;
a remnant of men, women, and children of all tongues, colors, and nationalities
who have not built their treasures in this dimension, and who love not their lives even into death.
These are the overcomers that will be anointed with a power and might that the modern church has never seen. The latter (rain) will be greater than the former (rain) (in Acts).
The church of Jesus Christ is not a building, a denomination, nor a country.
It is a movement of people across the planet, unified under one Lord, one Faith, and one Baptism.
This is the church that the gates of hell will not prevail against.
And this church (the true Bride) has already been chosen.
We are in a season of executing the instructions of the Lord. Are you a sheep or are you a goat?"
--- Mena Lee Grebin, prophetess, (September 8, 2019)

IMO, the "one baptism" refers to 1 Corinthians 12:13.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
So yeah.. we need to always repent.. thanks BCsenior.. really. I don't always agree with you.. helped me this moment to think about Him.. His love.. such love.. Thanks brother
Yes, we don't usually agree on things.
I'm happy it appears that I have been of some help to you this time around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
God gave me a brand new nature that loves him and hates sin. So even if free to sin, it repulses me and I love the fullness of the Spirit that comes from holiness more than anything else.
“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” 1 John 3:9 (KJV 1900)
Your experience and your Scripture both point to the very real possibility that:
A BAC (with true saving belief-faith) ...
cannot sin habitually forever (i.e. w/o repentance) until he dies!

I'm interested if anyone has a problem with this?

Meanwhile, perhaps someone would care to explain:
Why are there so many dire warnings in the NT about losing salvation?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You can stay ignorant, and believe it okay that John is contradicting himself with 1 John 3:9, or you can smarten up and ask yourself what is actually meant; also why verses 6, 8 and 10 are all separated by a verse of light that contrasts with those three verses of darkness.

I don't think John is contradicting himself. I think John understands the tension of sinner and saint, of the old man and the new man. And so John understands that if we say we have no sin we are liars, but that as a people born of God's grace sin shouldn't have a place in our lives. And so there is the tension between the old man and the new man.

There's only a contradiction if one denies that tension.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't think John is contradicting himself. I think John understands the tension of sinner and saint, of the old man and the new man. And so John understands that if we say we have no sin we are liars, but that as a people born of God's grace sin shouldn't have a place in our lives. And so there is the tension between the old man and the new man.

There's only a contradiction if one denies that tension.

-CryptoLutheran

I know you don't see the conflict. We've had this conversation before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your experience and your Scripture both point to the very real possibility that:
A BAC (with true saving belief-faith) ...
cannot sin habitually forever (i.e. w/o repentance) until he dies!

I'm interested if anyone has a problem with this?

Meanwhile, perhaps someone would care to explain:
Why are there so many dire warnings in the NT about losing salvation?
Holiness is proof of salvation and the warnings serve to make sure we overcome. We make sure of our election and calling as Peter says through obedience. If we wash out, we were never genuinely saved.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Holiness is proof of salvation and the warnings serve to make sure we overcome.
We make sure of our election and calling as Peter says through obedience.
If we wash out, we were never genuinely saved.
Okay, but the dire warnings in the NT epistles ...
threaten loss of salvation to people in the churches.

These threats to the churches are to a trinity of people:
the faithful BACs, the unfaithful (disobedient) BACs, and the unsaved.

IMO, IF OSAS IS TRUE ... these threats are bluffs, exaggerations, lies even!

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, but the dire warnings in the NT epistles ...
threaten loss of salvation to people in the churches.

These threats to the churches are to a trinity of people:
the faithful BACs, the unfaithful (disobedient) BACs, and the unsaved.

IMO, IF OSAS IS TRUE ... these threats are bluffs, exaggerations, lies even!
There are tares among the wheat. Think of this for a minute. For example, if Calvin was right about God, churches are packed with God hating idol worshippers today, more than ever.

• Useful
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There are tares among the wheat. Think of this for a minute.
For example, if Calvin was right about God, churches are packed
with God hating idol worshippers today, more than ever.
Okay, think of this for more than a minute ...
Were the dire warnings written to those who are NOT the called, chosen, elect?

IMO, if they are NOT these things, the warnings would be a waste of time.
Because I believe in election (as opposed to people choosing Jesus on their own).
I have a page full of NT verses which say ...
man is UNABLE to believe in Jesus and the foolish gospel.
IOW, God has to give them enough faith for them to be able to believe.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, think of this for more than a minute ...
Were the dire warnings written to those who are NOT the called, chosen, elect?

IMO, if they are NOT these things, the warnings would be a waste of time.
Because I believe in election (as opposed to people choosing Jesus on their own).
I have a page full of NT verses which say ...
man is UNABLE to believe in Jesus and the foolish gospel.
IOW, God has to give them enough faith for them to be able to believe.
Only for the elect. It does no good to warn the reprobate. I know I'm elect because of my fruit. And the warnings are to be headed. Why?

“for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.” Philippians 2:13 (ESV)

Only the reprobate will ignore the warnings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Only for the elect. It does no good to warn the reprobate.
Only the reprobate will ignore the warnings.
Yes.
But, everyone is reprobate until becoming elect, called, chosen.
Some have been saved by reading the Bible, so they say.

And you still haven't responded to my fairly recent belief that
only some are elected and given the ability to believe.

IOW, NO free will to choose Jesus and His gospel,
but free will to reject salvation after being elected, etc.
Yes, I know it's kinda off-the-wall.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes.
But, everyone is reprobate until becoming elect, called, chosen.
Some have been saved by reading the Bible, so they say.

And you still haven't responded to my fairly recent belief that
only some are elected and given the ability to believe.

IOW, NO free will to choose Jesus and His gospel,
but free will to reject salvation after being elected, etc.
Yes, I know it's kinda off-the-wall.
This is not an accurate assessment of the topic. Those written in the book of life were never reprobate. They were sinners destined for a new heart and saved lifestyle. But from their point of view, only through continued holiness do they know they are not reprobate.

Thus the warnings, even the threat of being erased from the book.

Upvote 0