loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NRA, Russia and Trump: How 'dark money' is poisoning American democracy
One such report found that since Trump secured the Republican nomination in 2016, the fraction of anonymous purchases of his properties through shell companies has "skyrocketed" from 4 to 70 percent. The public can only guess at the source of these funds, whether they be foreign governments or wealthy domestic interests—and to what extent unknown sums pouring into other Trump businesses are being used to curry favor with the president.

Moreover, in the case of the NRA, the FBI is now investigating whether illicit funds were spent in support of Trump's political campaign. Wehave long warned that our broken system of campaign finance disclosure creates opportunities for foreign governments to illegally influence American elections, undetected.

The NRA is among the largest "dark money" organizations, reporting the greatest amount of campaign spending without revealing the source of the funds — over $35 million in the 2016 election cycle alone. Still, this amount was just a fraction of the over $175 million in reported campaign-related spending that came from unknown sources.
tulc(MAGA by letting the Russians launder money?) :scratch:

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I just don't think campaign financing is any debate that a democrat would want to get into. Just because you find one hit piece doesn't make the GOP anywhere near as soiled as the DNC and Hillary.. You really don't want to go there. I find finance mundane and boring. I would rather talk direction and policies.

• Winner
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I just don't think campaign financing is any debate that a democrat would want to get into. Just because you find one hit piece doesn't make the GOP anywhere near as soiled as the DNC and Hillary.. You really don't want to go there. I find finance mundane and boring. I would rather talk direction and policies.
When big moneyed interests are literally writing the bills that get introduced by legislators, the two issues are inseparable. Unless, I suppose, you endorse the direction and policies dictated by money.

• Winner
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just don't think campaign financing is any debate that a democrat would want to get into. Just because you find one hit piece doesn't make the GOP anywhere near as soiled as the DNC and Hillary.. You really don't want to go there.
And yet it was Democrat who brought it up and the Republicans who seem to be the ones getting all that NRA money. :wave:

I find finance mundane and boring. I would rather talk direction and policies.
...then why are you posting in thread about finance? :scratch:
tulc(tends to post in threads about things he's interested in not things he finds boring) :sorry:

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Well sure Tulc, you are right
Of course the NRA would donate to those who want to keep our 2nd Admendment intact. Just as Planned Parenthood would donate to those who approve of killing babies and look the other way when they sell their body parts.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
When big moneyed interests are literally writing the bills that get introduced by legislators, the two issues are inseparable. Unless, I suppose, you endorse the direction and policies dictated by money.

Exactly. For example, who do you think wrote the
2300 pages of Obamacare? None of the people in
Congress even knew what was in it until after it was
voted into law.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When Trump was running he talked about draining the swamp, I thought he meant lobbyists, silly me. He fires prosecutors and the FBI director, talking about the FBI being in chaos. Then he takes money from the NRA, 35 to 70 million dollars worth. There is an investigation underway to see if the 'dark money' connection to Russia exists:

It is illegal, however, for foreign money to be used to influence U.S. elections. According to McClatchy, the heart of the FBI investigation is whether the NRA became a conduit for Russian cash, linked to the Kremlin, that bolstered Trump. (The Trump-Russia-NRA Connection: Here’s What You Need to Know. Rolling Stone)
It's kind of like the Deutsche Bank, just going to have to wait and see but Trump rarely disappoints.

Upvote 0