Supporter
Feb 18, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
✟72,703.00
Faith
Christian
"Now You are Clean Through the Word I Have Spoken"

Part of the purification laws required that when one committed a trespass and made restitution by sacrifice, the final step of the process was to immerse the body in water. In this way one's trespass was cleansed. In Jesus' day the purification law made a transition and was called "baptism". John the Baptist was great at this. Water is always used for cleaning purposes. Everything God gave Moses in the priesthood he established was according to the Heavenly "pattern". Someone said, "Jesus did not baptize, but his disciples did it". Since that Word, "baptism", is spiritual, always look for a spiritual objective . Did Jesus baptize? Did he actually wash sins away with a spoken Word? Let's take a "spiritual" look!

Isaiah 1:16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;

To baptize and to cleanse or purify, WATER IS REQUIRED

John 4:10. Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. 11. The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? 12. Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? 13. Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14. But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

John 7:38. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Revelation 1:13. And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 14. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 15. And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

NOW….. how did Jesus "baptize"? He did not do it "naturally" like John the Baptist, the disciples, and the way churches do it today. The baptism of Jesus is totally "SPIRITUAL", not with natural water, but by the Words of his mouth, indeed "spiritual water". He does it with a Word!

Luke 7:44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head. 45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet. 46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment. 47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. 48 And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. 49 And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? 50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

She was baptized spiritually right on the spot via the Word Jesus spoke! Now here this about your father's style of baptizing:

Acts 10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven. 28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

In the GOOD NEWS we proclaim your Father's style of baptism with a WORD, and we find it to be a great honor to proclaim these Words to humanity:

Isaiah 40:1 Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. 2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins.

Here is what Father said about Israel despite the provocations and temptations they did against Him and Moses in the wilderness:

Numbers 23:18. And he took up his parable, and said, Rise up, Balak, and hear; hearken unto me, thou son of Zippor: 19. God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? 20. Behold, I have received commandment to bless: and he hath blessed; and I cannot reverse it. 21. He hath not beheld iniquity in Jacob, neither hath he seen perverseness in Israel: the Lord his God is with him, and the shout of a king is among them.

Now to shock you one more time! Before the Father YOU STAND SPOTLESS… quiet as it is kept! I know the "by your works" crowd and the "by your faith" fans will not like this. However, it is "by His Word"! Can you say, "Amen"?! See http://www.goodnewsinc.net/YouStandSpotless.htm Living waters flow out of His mouth too, you know! Hopefully this word is not so "strange" after all! But it may be too "spiritual" for the carnal and natural mind to understand!

GOOD NEWS, Inc. :clap: ;) :wave:

Patmosman_sga

Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟783.00
Faith
Protestant
The purification symbolized by water is only an outward cleansing. That is why baptism is defined as an outward and visible symbol of an inward and spiritual grace. Thus, water is not God's ultimate method of spiritual purification.

I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. [12] His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor and gather his wheat into the barn, but the chaff he will burn with unquenchable fire. (Matthew 3:11-12, ESV)

Baptism with water calls to mind images of outward cleansing; an exhilarating shower of refreshment and reinvigoration. Water washes away the outer filth, the visible manifestations of our uncleanness. But such an outward cleansing alone makes us no better than the Pharisees, whom John rebuked as a “brood of vipers” (Matthew 3:7) and Jesus referred to unflatteringly as “whitewashed tombs" (Matthew 23:27). In fact, public washing was a common means through which the Pharisees called attention to their outward righteousness (Matthew 15:1-3). Such symbolism does not even begin to address the substance of that which makes us truly unclean. Another, more radical, baptism is needed to cleanse our inner selves, for there is where our enmity with God is truly rooted. Such is the baptism Jesus brings. Whereas John’s baptism “with water for repentance” washes away the outwardly visible effects of our sin, Jesus’ baptism “with the Holy Spirit and with fire” wipes out the root cause of our sin, our inner orientation toward rebellion and disobedience.

Righteousness before God is no mere forensic matter of having Christ's righteousness imputed to the believer. The Calvinist position is woefully inadequate in light of the biblical witness to a God who, through Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit, is able to save us to the uttermost. Not only does God forgive sinners, he also changes them in order that they might be made righteous, not merely in a theoretical or symbolic way, but in an actual, literal transformation from carnal-minded, disobedient rebels to spiritual-minded, sanctified, wholly obedient children, just like Christ.

But to be just like Christ, we must identify with him in every aspect of his life, suffering and death if we are to at last be united with him in his resurrection. This is the "one baptism" which Paul speaks of; the baptism with which Jesus was baptized:

By the baptism of his suffering, death and resurrection, you gave birth to your church, delivered us from slavery to sin and death, and made with us a new covenant by water and the Spirit. (A Service of Word and Table, UMH)

Baptism is not some mere formality. It is an incorporation into Christ; an actual identification with him in his life, suffering, death and resurrection, pointing us to the ultimate reality of the kingdom of God and eternal life in the world to come.

Upvote 0

tericl2

A Work in Progress
Feb 2, 2002
Tulsa, OK
Visit site
✟1,594.00
Faith
Christian
Wow! That is about as unscriptural as it gets!! Try the inductive study method and see if you still have the same convictions. If you truly want answers you will see that you have no scriptural basis.

Well, really all you have to do is read the book of Romans. I think it will debunk your theory very well.
1 Tim 1
3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer
4 nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work--which is by faith.

Upvote 0

goodnewsinc

Supporter
Feb 18, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
✟72,703.00
Faith
Christian
How many "un-scriptures" did you find in the post? Do not bear false witness. I am sure you can find every text in YOUR BIBLE! What you have observed is how Father teaches His truth like this:

KJV Isa 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts. 10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little : 11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. 12 To whom he said, This
is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear
. 13
But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon
line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and
taken.

Count all those scriptures which may all be found in your Bible. If you say "unscriptural", can you tell when you are speaking a false allegation? We should all strive to tell "the whole truth and NOTHING BUT the truth"!

GOOD NEWS, Inc. ;)

Upvote 0

goodnewsinc

Supporter
Feb 18, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
✟72,703.00
Faith
Christian
Here is what it is! I am surprised that you cannot fathom this because all it does is affirm that Jesus DID what Father sent him to do! Why is this "preterist"?

John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed? 2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. 3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. 6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20 For the creature was made subject
to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Now a "few" people really have faith IN JESUS, that he actually DID what he was born to do, and he accomplished what his death was meant to DO. There are also men like "doubting Thomas", who are in Christian circles, but they remain faithless. This should surprise no one.

GOOD NEWS, Inc. :)

Upvote 0