Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Who? He looks familiar but once that statue came down I could no longer put my finger on who he was. Almost like it was erased.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[QUOTE="bekkilyn, post: 76307183, member:
You know that guy who drafted the American Declaration of Independence as part of the Continental Congress, our first Secretary of State as a new nation, and third President of the U.S. I wonder what or who is next in this huge push to tear apart the very foundations of this country and Democracy itself.[/QUOTE]

Is anyone surprised by this?

Such nonsense running rampant...

• Agree
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...tue-removed-after-commission-vote/8529649002/

You know that guy who drafted the American Declaration of Independence as part of the Continental Congress, our first Secretary of State as a new nation, and third President of the U.S. I wonder what or who is next in this huge push to tear apart the very foundations of this country and Democracy itself.
“It is a piece of public art. It is under our jurisdiction. And we need to be thoughtful about where it should go,” said board president Signe Nielson.

A group of historians including Sean Wilentz, author of books including “No Property in Man: Slavery and Antislavery at the Nation’s Founding,” argued in a letter to the Public Design Commission that the statue should be moved to the Governor's Room in City Hall, its original home. The statue has been in the City Council chamber since 1915.

“Locating the statue for viewing in the Governor’s Room, where it was originally placed and apparently stood for much of its history, would be the most reasonable compromise,” the historians wrote.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Upvote 0

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...tue-removed-after-commission-vote/8529649002/

You know that guy who drafted the American Declaration of Independence as part of the Continental Congress, our first Secretary of State as a new nation, and third President of the U.S. I wonder what or who is next in this huge push to tear apart the very foundations of this country and Democracy itself.

Considering he was a slave owner and seems to also have been a rapist this is hardly surprising. I in fact thought most people had a negative opinion of him but that just shows my own bubble.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm not going to be very surprised if Mount Rushmore gets refaced.
Whose faces would be resculpted onto the mountain? Or would they just blow it all up?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not going to be very surprised if Mount Rushmore gets refaced.
Too late.

upload_2021-10-19_19-32-26.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

They are moving one, at least. Don’t you ever change the art in your house?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,663.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I have this genetic problem. It was passed on by my mother I think. There's no cure - I've just had to adjust the way I live to accomodate it. It makes life a lot less easier but I manage. It's an inability to see things in black and white.

And I can see that others do have that ability. And life seems so much simpler for them. So it's frustrating...but it's a cross I'll have to bear.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mark Quayle

Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Whose faces would be resculpted onto the mountain? Or would they just blow it all up?
Right now they are just talking about adding one. I have heard suggestions, but don't remember them all, I'm thinking Obama, Dr Martin Luther King (not a president, I know), Kennedy, FDR maybe?

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,544.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right now they are just talking about adding one. I have heard suggestions, but don't remember them all, I'm thinking Obama, Dr Martin Luther King (not a president, I know), Kennedy, FDR maybe?

Alfred E. Neuman?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,223,623.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Not a president but I could see MLK. None of the rest of them. Oh, and I'm sure other people would suggest Reagan or Eisenhower or somebody without a D attached to their name. My own opinion is that just like Catholic saints, who are not named for a long time after they died, we should wait.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0