• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Now non-white people can be white

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Aldebaran, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Ana the Ist

Ana the Ist Aggressively serene!

+7,389
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Ok...thank you for clearing that up.

If a private entity wants to create a charity for a group they can by all means do so.

I don't think the government should enact racial discrimination on behalf of private sector entities.

If that is allowed....it's pretty hard to argue against anyone doing it.

Clearly California sought to remove their civil rights act to do this racist garbage. There's a process for this....they can stand up in debate and explain whose children they want to oppress and why.

Then the federal government should step in and explain why they aren't allowed.

2. Erik Nelson

Erik Nelson Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,614
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Spending $200K/yr / migrant child, including in-person education

Seems greater than the level of spending for any other disadvantaged group

3. MehGuy

MehGuy A member of the less neotenous sex.. Supporter

+8,792
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    The lady in the article sounds like she's suffering from projection and or wants to control how people of color think.

4. KarateCowboy

KarateCowboy Classical liberal Supporter

+1,988
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    I don't even get it. What's wrong with Rumble? It's awesome to see a site becoming a viable competitor to YT

5. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+12,030
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    So you don't know what you're talking about or whom you're talking about...just making assumptions. And no non-rumble link to explain what it's about.

Appears, to you. Well, that settles it.

6. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+10,927
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Of course she isn’t. What gives you the idea she is trying to explain history? The context is US history, what is in the articles at least is about the behaviour of a few people within that history. Where does anything indicate she is trying to ‘explain history’?

7. Tom 1

+10,927
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    What negative racist generalisations does she make that you base that conclusion on?

8. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+12,030
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    No facts were given, not even a short synopsis. Something about Oakland and discrimination, but what exactly?

Sure, because all sources are equal and equally valid.

Did you know that there are non-rumble sites that are also informative with a right-wing perspective? It's true!

Rumble is one site, that has videos. Posting a link to a video is not much different than embedding one except rules here are that the embedded ones must be accompanied by a synopsis.

Also, rumble is only one, single site while "MSM" are a multiple of diverse sites with varying degrees of accuracy. That you blanket veto "all of them" says more about you than about anything else. You're not about sharing information, you're about shilling this particular site.

You never learned the importance of "critical thinking" in High School Wellness class?[/quote]Oh, goody, personal insults is it? Great!

Straw man. I have not claimed to be unbiased or even less biased than you. :) I haven't got a choir; I'm not preaching.

9. Ana the Ist

+7,389
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    She says something about these millions of latino voters wanting to hate people....

Do you really want me to quote her?

10. Ana the Ist

+7,389
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Which she characterized as white supremacist....

You can ask me to interpret her vague nonsense...or you can agree it's too vague.

Which do you want?

11. Tom 1

+10,927
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Sure go ahead

12. Tom 1

+10,927
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Sure go ahead, quote her characterisation of US history as ‘white supremacist’.

13. Ana the Ist

+7,389
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Why do I care where the link is from?

Sources don't affect truth.

Golly gosh....would you like a pile of evidence?

Wanna see Democrats supporting racial quotas?

How about Democrats in favor of racist indoctrination?

Different medical treatment based on race?

It's an almost endless list of racist policies. Where do you want to start?

14. Ana the Ist

+7,389
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    "And so whiteness as an ideology is rooted in America's history of white supremacy - right?"

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Tom 1

+10,927
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    ‘America’s history of white supremacy’ - do you take that to mean American history is white supremacy?

16. Ana the Ist

+7,389
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    How else am I to take it? She doesn't explain it at all.

Do you think she's talking about white supremacist groups (people who actually have a white supremacist ideology)?

17. Tom 1

+10,927
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Are you being serious here? Do you mean that you don’t understand the meaning of ‘a history of...’?

18. Ana the Ist

+7,389
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    Explain what she means....

19. Tom 1

+10,927
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    If it is said someone or something has a history of, whatever, then that is something that person or thing has done or demonstrated or whatever in the past - a history of. It is not an all encompassing statement. I am assuming you know that.

The US does have a history of white supremacism, this is undeniable. For most of US history non-whites have been treated differently, whether classified as sub human or denied many of the basic rights white citizens had. More specifically, membership of actual white supremacist groups and the influence of these groups in some historical events is also a feature of US history.

Is this all of US history? Of course it isn’t. Where does anyone claim anything like that? I have an otherwise good sheepdog who has a history of too enthusiastically chasing stragglers. When I say this dog ‘has a history of’ this is a particular way of phrasing something. If I said ‘all he ever does is...’ then that would have a different meaning. But of course you know this.

20. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+3,981
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Just you watch.