Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't address what she's saying. It's deliberately vague.

Sure you can, it’s easy. She said some words, you can quote those words and respond to them. If you want to discuss something else, you could start another thread.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sure you can, it’s easy. She said some words, you can quote those words and respond to them. If you want to discuss something else, you could start another thread.

You deliberately ignored this post....

Not in any meaningful way.

Imagine if you got a call...

"Sir, your daughter just got contacted by some matter that was moving at a dynamic speed, historically speaking, and she is seeking resolution which can happen anytime in the near future."

I'm sure you know what all those words mean. I'm sure you can explain any of them.

Can you tell me what happened to your daughter? No. Why not?

Just tell me what happened to your daughter in that hypothetical scenario and I'll gladly address anything Beltran says about "whiteness" being "a political project" that "emerges from history" and is "dynamic and changing".

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Still rumble shilling...

That's racial discrimination. Those writing such laws do so against the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment.

They are racists and they are vile.

If however, you're in favor of racial discrimination....by all means say so. Let's hear you make an argument for racism.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's racial discrimination. Those writing such laws do so against the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment.

They are racists and they are vile.
Which laws? Do you have a non-rumble link to what he is referring to? And who are "they"?

Also, what is the relevance of that to this thread?

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You deliberately ignored this post....

Just tell me what happened to your daughter in that hypothetical scenario and I'll gladly address anything Beltran says about "whiteness" being "a political project" that "emerges from history" and is "dynamic and changing".

I didn't respond to your post because it is irrelevant word salad. You can pretend that the words in the article are also, but they aren't. That is a simple fact - whatever your reasons are who knows but you are determined to avoid engaging with what those words say. The words you quote refer to a specific context, as you know, and specific events that you also know about. You don't need any more explanation, you need to decide whether or not you want to engage with what is said, not whether or not you can. If you don't want to, why not just say that rather than wasting time and energy pretending that you don't have a choice?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Which laws? Do you have a non-rumble link to what he is referring to? And who are "they"?

It said the city of Oakland....so I assumed the program came from them as a matter of policy or law.

If it's private charity...feel free to explain.

They would be any lawmakers who seek to discriminate by race. They appear to be on the left these days.

• Agree
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh ok....do you not understand English?

I'm certain you can read so which of those words don't you understand?

If you can’t manage an adult conversation, resorting to pigeon chess doesn’t help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you can’t manage an adult conversation, resorting to pigeon chess doesn’t help.

I can point out where you said nearly the exact same thing to me....I didn't run away or whine about it.

Can you stick to the topic please?

1) Do you understand the words and sentences in the article, or not?
2) If not, what particular words and sentences do you not understand?
3) Do you understand what, from those words and sentences, is the idea of the person who expressed them?
4) If not, why not? What is preventing you from reading and understanding the collections of words into sentences?

Can you give the soapbox stuff a rest please, we have a topic to discuss, not everything that might be possibly associated with it.

Put on your big boy pants and answer the question already.

If not, admit that people can express ideas in a deliberately vague manner.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can point out where you said nearly the exact same thing to me....I didn't run away or whine about it.

Put on your big boy pants and answer the question already.

If not, admit that people can express ideas in a deliberately vague manner.

Your bizarre comparison is just that - bizarre. I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt in saying that you probably know that, but perhaps you really don’t? Either way, the only adult choice here is to read the plain English in the article and respond to what is being said. If I were you, I’d ask myself why I felt the need to resist doing that so desperately. If you can do those two things, we can have an adult conversation. Denial makes men into infants.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Your bizarre comparison is just that - bizarre. I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt in saying that you probably know that, but perhaps you really don’t? Either way, the only adult choice here is to read the plain English in the article and respond to what is being said. If I were you, I’d ask myself why I felt the need to resist doing that so desperately. If you can do those two things, we can have an adult conversation. Denial makes men into infants.

I can't tell what she means by political project.....it's too vague.

A million endeavors can be called political projects.

If you can me what that means say so.

Emerging from history refers to all of human history. Present day, the past, the future....it all emerges from history.

Dynamic and changing in this context means literally the same thing. This is typical of idiots trying to appear smart.

She makes reference to things in the past like slavery or the decimation of native tribes....but at no point does she explain why that has anything to do with Latinos voting for Trump. You can't explain it either.

Lastly there's mention of the politics of "exclusion" and "domination" and "whatever".....which again are vague and unexplained. I doubt you can explain the politics of exclusion in any way if I gave you all day.

Her definition requires a lot of guessing and assumptions because it's deliberately vague and that's the point.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't tell what she means by political project.....it's too vague.

A million endeavors can be called political projects.

If you can me what that means say so.

Emerging from history refers to all of human history. Present day, the past, the future....it all emerges from history.

Dynamic and changing in this context means literally the same thing. This is typical of idiots trying to appear smart.

She makes reference to things in the past like slavery or the decimation of native tribes....but at no point does she explain why that has anything to do with Latinos voting for Trump. You can't explain it either.

Lastly there's mention of the politics of "exclusion" and "domination" and "whatever".....which again are vague and unexplained. I you can explain the politics of exclusion in any way if I gave you all day.

Her definition requires a lot of guessing and assumptions because it's deliberately vague and that's the point.

No, you’re making it vague by pretending you don’t know what the context is.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

If context is enough....

Then I can only conclude that she is a racist willing to make negative racist generalizations about the millions of latinos voting for Trump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

You know what? I'll do you one better....because I think you genuinely want to understand. History is rarely described by good historians as a result of motives or morality because of the almost impossible way of knowing these things. In fact, history can be described in many ways without any need for such examination.

One of my favorite history books explains almost all history as it relates to geography and economics. It covers in an amazing amount of detail, and explains why these forces pressured certain groups to act certain ways in a lot of detail. Even when historical figures claimed to go off to war for religious or defensive reasons....we see underlying economic reasons never directly addressed.

The author never says that he is giving the perfect view of history. He repeatedly explains why there are many perspectives one can see history through. He even acknowledges that the evidence is subject to change upon any new evidence. He never morally judges anyone because frankly....it adds nothing to understanding history.

When I see a non-historian like Beltran claiming that the US has a white supremacist history.....what is she saying? That white supremacist ideology is the best explanation of motive for most of the nation's history?

It looks like that's what she's saying. She's not only incorrect....she can be proven incorrect.

She doesn't want to be specific because if she was....she can be shown to be wrong.

Why the deception? Why not just say what she means?

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It said the city of Oakland....so I assumed the program came from them as a matter of policy or law.

If it's private charity...feel free to explain.

They would be any lawmakers who seek to discriminate by race. They appear to be on the left these days.
Private funding, but still distributed to the public through Government -- in violation of CA Constitution

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Still rumble shilling...
"R.u.m.b.l.e." is not a "get out of debate with the win for free" card, that's essentially ad hominem

Name the claimed facts you dispute

Fair is fair, if you can denigrate my sources, then I can denigrate your sources

I cite a Rumble source, you veto
You cite a MSM source, I veto
Now where are we?

You never learned the importance of "critical thinking" in High School Wellness class? Sifting through statements to find the truth, even amidst spin?

Nobody not part of your choir will ever think you are somehow "less biased" than me :)

Upvote 0