✟823,617.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now Mattis Admits There Was No Evidence Assad Used Poison Gas On His People

This from Newsweek, of all places. Did the US launch a cruise missle strike against Syria last year over a crime that never happened?

This is shocking news. This incident changed my view on what the best solution for Syria was. Because Assad generally defends the church and there was no realistic chance of replacing him with something better i favoured him before the attack and was ambivalent after it. If indeed America lied on this why?

Reviewing the thread on this I found out that Trump was talking with Xi jingping so was this a power demo relating to North Korea?

U.S. Launches Missiles at Syrian Base After Chemical Weapons Attack

At the time most reputable sources were saying a Sarin bomb had been used and there was evidence on the ground. The Guardian said this French Intelligence said it and the Americans rushed out a report about it. The alternative was that a bomb making factory had been destroyed. Because Sarin is generally stored as two liquids that need to be combined to form the gas there would be no Sarin release if a Syrian bomb had simply incinerated the place.

So was there evidence on the ground of the release of Sarin or not. If not then how come so many people who do not automatically side with America said there was at the time.

Also why is Matthis saying this now? Is this because now the Russians have mainly gone, and their mercenaries been soundly defeated he is now taking a pro Assad slant. Or is it something to do with Syrias decision to defend the Kurds in Afrin against the Turks?

Last edited:
Upvote 0