✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Again, I’m posting Mass readings from the Universalis website. Today and tomorrow are the final days before we enter the Holy Season of Advent. Please let us continue to Listen to God’s Holy Word spoken to us in Scripture and as He inspired His Saints. Let us pray especially for the Church through the intercession of Mary our Mother and Model for the Church who Listened with the ears of her heart and Did the Truth she heard from God.

First reading– (Apocalypse 20:1-4,11-21:2)
The book of life was opened, and the dead were judged I, John, saw an angel come down from heaven with the key of the Abyss in his hand and an enormous chain. He overpowered the dragon, that primeval serpent which is the devil and Satan, and chained him up for a thousand years. He threw him into the Abyss, and shut the entrance and sealed it over him, to make sure he would not deceive the nations again until the thousand years had passed. At the end of that time he must be released, but only for a short while.
Then I saw some thrones, and I saw those who are given the power to be judges take their seats on them. I saw the souls of all who had been beheaded for having witnessed for Jesus and for having preached God’s word, and those who refused to worship the beast or his statue and would not have the brand-mark on their foreheads or hands; they came to life, and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. Then I saw a great white throne and the One who was sitting on it. In his presence, earth and sky vanished, leaving no trace. I saw the dead, both great and small, standing in front of his throne, while the book of life was opened, and other books opened which were the record of what they had done in their lives, by which the dead were judged.
The sea gave up all the dead who were in it; Death and Hades were emptied of the dead that were in them; and every one was judged according to the way in which he had lived. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the burning lake. This burning lake is the second death; and anybody whose name could not be found written in the book of life was thrown into the burning lake.
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; the first heaven and the first earth had disappeared now, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the holy city, and the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, as beautiful as a bride all dressed for her husband.

Responsorial (Ps 83(84):3-6,8 ) - "Here God lives among men."
My soul is longing and yearning,is yearning for the courts of the Lord. My heart and my soul ring out their joy to God, the living God. The sparrow herself finds a home and the swallow a nest for her brood; she lays her young by your altars, Lord of hosts, my king and my God. They are happy, who dwell in your house, forever singing your praise. They are happy, whose strength is in you: they walk with ever-growing strength.

Gospel Acclamation (Lk 21:28) - "Stand erect, hold your heads high, because your liberation is near at hand."

Gospel (Lk 21:29-33) - “My words will never pass away”
Jesus told His disciples a parable: ‘
Think of the fig tree and indeed every tree. As soon as you see them bud, you know that summer is now near. So with you when you see these things happening: know that the kingdom of God is near. I tell you solemnly, before this generation has passed away all will have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away.’
Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your Faithful. Fill us as you filled Mary with Jesus, our Way, our Truth and our LIFE. Amen.

Reactions: Michie