✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

May the Lord’s Word to us all today, on this Thanksgiving Day in the USA, be a day of prayer. May the Mass readings be a blessing to each one who “Listens with the ears of their hearts”. Let us By His Grace, give God all the praise that is due to Him. May we look especially to Jesus through Mary remembering His Promise to send the Holy Spirit to bring us the Fullness of Truth, and also remember the Words of Jesus in John’s Gospel: “without Me you can do nothing”.

First reading Ecclesiasticus 50:22-24
And now bless the God of all things, the doer of great deeds everywhere, who has exalted our days from the womb and acted towards us in His mercy May he grant us cheerful hearts
and bring peace in our time, in Israel for ages on ages.May his mercy be faithfully with us, may he redeem us in our time.

Responsorial Ps 144(145):2-11
I will bless your name for ever, O Lord. I will bless you day after day and praise your name for ever. The Lord is great, highly to be praised, his greatness cannot be measured. I will bless your name for ever, O Lord. Age to age shall proclaim your works, shall declare your mighty deeds, shall speak of your splendor and glory, tell the tale of your wonderful works. *I will bless your name for ever, O Lord.*They will speak of Your terrible deeds, recount your greatness and might. They will recall your abundant goodness;age to age shall ring out your justice. I will bless your name for ever, O Lord. The Lord is kind and full of compassion, slow to anger, abounding in love. How good is the Lord to all, compassionate to all his creatures. I will bless your name for ever, O Lord. All your creatures shall thank you, O Lord,and your friends shall repeat their blessing. They shall speak of the glory of your reign and declare your might, O God. I will bless your name for ever, O Lord.

Second reading (1 Corinthians 1:3-9 )
We are waiting for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealedMay God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ send you grace and peace I never stop thanking God for all the graces you have received through Jesus Christ. I thank him that you have been enriched in so many ways, especially in your teachers and preachers; the witness to Christ has indeed been strong among you so that you will not be without any of the gifts of the Spirit while you are waiting for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed; and he will keep you steady and without blame until the last day, the day of our Lord Jesus Christ, because God by calling you has joined you to his Son, Jesus Christ; and God is faithful.

Gospel Acclamation Mt 24:42,44 Alleluia, alleluia!
"Stay awake and stand ready, because you do not know the hour when the Son of Man is coming. Alleluia!
Or: Lk21:28 Alleluia, alleluia! Stand erect, hold your heads high, because your liberation is near at hand. Alleluia!

Gospel( Luke 17:11-19) - No-one has come back to praise God, only this foreignerOn the way to Jerusalem Jesus travelled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. As he entered one of the villages, ten lepers came to meet him. They stood some way off and called to him, ‘Jesus! Master! Take pity on us.’ When he saw them he said, ‘Go and show yourselves to the priests.’ Now as they were going away they were cleansed. Finding himself cured, one of them turned back praising God at the top of his voice and threw himself at the feet of Jesus and thanked him. The man was a Samaritan. This made Jesus say, ‘Were not all ten made clean? The other nine, where are they? It seems that no one has come back to give praise to God, except this foreigner.’ And he said to the man, ‘Stand up and go on your way. Your faith has saved you.’
Come Holy Spirit, fill us as you filled Mary with Jesus, our Way, our Truth and our LIFE.

Reactions: Michie

MariaChristi

Jun 23, 2021
south
✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

May the Lord’s Word to us all today, on this Thanksgiving Day in the USA, be a day of prayer. May the Mass readings be a blessing to each one who “Listens with the ears of their hearts”. Let us By His Grace, give God all the praise that is due to Him. May we look especially to Jesus through Mary remembering His Promise to send the Holy Spirit to bring us the Fullness of Truth, and also remember the Words of Jesus in ...
Dear Michie, Thanks again for another "thumbs up". I am grateful that you continue to "Listen with the Ears of your Heart to all God speaks to us each Day." I'm taking a break (after tomorrow - which is "Mary's Day"). I need the prayerful quiet of the Advent season to discern if God wants me to continue here on this Forum -- especially with the new Format. God willing, I'll let you know after the New Year begins -- whatever I hear with the ears of my heart from Him. Thanks again for your kindness and patience. Please let us pray for one another and for the Church to Jesus through Mary, Mother of the Church, especially. As Jesus told Sr. Lucia: "Have Pity on your Mother.

Upvote 0