Notre Dame's McGraw speaks out on gender inequality

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I saw this on the news last night. She is the head coach of the Notre Dame women's basketball team.

While I have always disliked Notre Dame, and especially this year for them knocking my Lady Spartans out of the NCAA Basketball championship; I found her address very compelling and thought you all would like to hear it.

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I saw this on the news last night. She is the head coach of the Notre Dame women's basketball team.

While I have always disliked Notre Dame, and especially this year for them knocking my Lady Spartans out of the NCAA Basketball championship; I found her address very compelling and thought you all would like to hear it.

what is messianic

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

I don't particularly care to hear it.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
nothing. just a question sorry.
If it is about my faith affiliation, there is a folder here called Messianic Judaism where you could learn all about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I found her address very compelling
Hi, Dave > would you care to share here some of the things you got out of it? Not all of us might have the time to listen to a full message.

I read some quotes of her. I do not know her personally, or how she really is as a person. So, I do not mean to say that the below offerings apply to her or not.

One thing I think of, in seeking equality, is be careful who you want to be equal with, because you could become like that person in order to be able to get what that person has.

You do not want, then, to become equal with people who do not know how to love you. Because you then could become a bitter and unloving person, also.

You can gain the world, but lose your soul.

So, be prayerful about if you really do well to become equal with CEO's and championship coaches. What are you trying to get?

Both men and women can do well to find what fits with sharing with their families.

"be content with such things as you have" (in Hebrews 13:5)

I keep hearing how ones want their team to win. Well, aren't there people just like you and your grandma in other towns and states, who also would enjoy their team winning? Do we feel for others, as for our own selves . . . loving others as ourselves????

Competing can bring isolation.

Even so, it can be enjoyable.

And if I see that another team was good enough to win, I might honor them as deserving. If both teams went back and forth and one won only because time had run out > both teams deserved to win!! It looks, also, like certain teams have won because of bad ref calls. So, I might just ignore who officially was declared the winner > why let this world decide how we see things? :)

And who really is the winner . . . in case ones were not humble and good sports and kind and caring with ones on the other teams?

Love wins.

It is said that Ms McGraw has only females involved in any work related to her team. It seems the report says she even has no males working on the facility preparation for games . . . something like this.

Well, how about if she hires men who know how to love women, so they can be relating with real men?? How is her women-only helping in their development, including helping them know how to work with men? I am concerned about if she is putting too much into one's identity being based on what is outward. Can you love? Who do you want to be equal to? Jesus is caring and all-loving and tenderhearted and gentle and humble. And He has gotten all the good which has been coming to Him, by being this way, right?

So, if we want equality, let us seek what will have us blessed not only with one another but with Jesus, sharing with Him :)

And I understand we are called to bless. Even while others put us down, we put them up, in prayer to bless them. And who wins?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My main point I got was her comment about "First woman - this" and "First African American woman - that." That we SHOULD be living in a place where having women in those places is so normal no one needs to say anything about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
My main point I got was her comment about "First woman - this" and "First African American woman - that." That we SHOULD be living in a place where having women in those places is so normal no one needs to say anything about it.

The video isn't cooperating with my computer, but I agree with this statement.

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0