Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Maybe this is what the French people need in order to realize their country and heritage are being stolen from them.

Hopefully so. It would be great to see the Eldest Daughter of the Church wake up.

I've come across countless Muslims laughing about this in threads on social media regarding the fire. :sick:

There are pictures making the rounds of some new arrivals in Paris cheering for this destruction.

Deuteronomy 32:35 (RSV)
Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and their doom comes swiftly.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Please pray for me, a couple of my coworkers are laughing and making fun of the situation and Catholicism. They don’t know I’m Catholic, but I’m feeling deeply offended and upset right now. But I’m outnumbered at this job so I keep my head down.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Please pray for me, a couple of my coworkers are laughing and making fun of the situation and Catholicism. They don’t know I’m Catholic, but I’m feeling deeply offended and upset right now. But I’m outnumbered at this job so I keep my head down.

Let the wicked laugh.

Upvote 0

Beloved2018

Theotokos, Pregnant With Christ, Save Us!
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That is horrible. I'm so sorry. I will pray!

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is there a way to complain to HR or something? I’ve complained to HR about kind of similar things and it seemed to do something more than nothing.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,584.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've come across countless Muslims laughing about this in threads on social media regarding the fire. :sick:
Do you know for certain that those social media accounts belong to Muslims? Anyone can create an account on Twitter or Facebook in a matter of a couple of minutes and be whoever they want to be. How do you know if the accounts are real or not? Isn't possible that these accounts are being set up and used by individuals who have an agenda to sow discord between Christians and Muslims?

There are pictures making the rounds of some new arrivals in Paris cheering for this destruction.
Care to share them? You can send them through a private message if you feel it's inappropriate to post them publicly.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is there a way to complain to HR or something? I’ve complained to HR about kind of similar things and it seemed to do something more than nothing.

It’s a complicated situation, and one of them is actually a friend of mine. There could be a pretty bad ripple effect if I went to HR, not just personally but it could have a bad effect on workplace operations potentially.

They aren’t the only people who’ve made outrageously anti religious jokes or comments in the 18mos I’ve been here, I’m just extra sensitive today because of this tragedy. I’ll just grin and bear it like always. :|

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Care to share them? You can send them through a private message if you feel it's inappropriate to post them publicly.
I’ll dig a few up when I get home. I saved some that I found last night. They’re probably easy to find on Google though.

Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am so sorry Fenwick. Prayers for that situation.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not actually here.

Definitely not staying.

But I just have to write somewhere:

God Bless the Paris Fire Brigade. At 3 PM yesterday afternoon I was prepared to see the facade of that Church fall in on itself and leave behind nothing but rubble and ash. That building burned for 8 HOURS and they still managed to save a large part of the interior, including the organ and the Rose Windows.

Not to mention the treasurers of the Church.

The NYFD has nothing on these guys. As far things go I don't know how big they are but they're definitely made out of brass. If you know why I mean......

{gone}

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not actually here.

Definitely not staying.

But I just have to write somewhere:

God Bless the Paris Fire Brigade. At 3 PM yesterday afternoon I was prepared to see the facade of that Church fall in on itself and leave behind nothing but rubble and ash. That building burned for 8 HOURS and they still managed to save a large part of the interior, including the organ and the Rose Windows.

Not to mention the treasurers of the Church.

The NYFD has nothing on these guys. As far things go I don't know how big they are but they're definitely made out of brass. If you know why I mean......

{gone}
I can only rate your post one way. If not for that, I would've probably clicked nearly all the other ratings too. You're the champ in this thread so far.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do you know for certain that those social media accounts belong to Muslims? Anyone can create an account on Twitter or Facebook in a matter of a couple of minutes and be whoever they want to be. How do you know if the accounts are real or not? Isn't possible that these accounts are being set up and used by individuals who have an agenda to sow discord between Christians and Muslims?

I’ll dig a few up when I get home. I saved some that I found last night. They’re probably easy to find on Google though.
Here's a Twitter video showing :D reactions from the usual suspects.

Damien Rieu on Twitter

Here's a pic.

2019.04.15-notre-dame-burns-as-enemies-laugh01.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,584.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here's a Twitter video showing :D reactions from the usual suspects.

Damien Rieu on Twitter
I saw a lot of Christian names mixed in there as well displaying smileys. How do you know that those responses are actually related to the fire? When I googled the name of the person responsible for that tweet and video, Damien Rieu, I found out that he is a member of the French alt-right who is against Muslims and immigration. It's quite possible that this individual just edited a video with responses from something totally unrelated to make it appear that these people were happy about the fire.

asmiles2.jpg

Damien Rieu, l'identitaire derrière l’opération anti-migrants du col de l'Echelle

Here's a pic.
That picture is a far cry from proving that new arrivals in Paris were cheering for the destruction of the cathedral.

There is no way of knowing what these two men are smiling about. I have been on the scene of several calamities from typhoons to terrorist attacks, and believe it or not, even in times of distress, people can manage to crack a smile or even laugh.

I will give a couple of experiences of my own below as examples. First are a couple of pictures I took following a fire that left over 1,000 people homeless. I encountered many people smiling that day even as the remains of their homes smoldered around them.

asmiles.jpg

Below is a video that shows some more people smiling and laughing on that day, including a fireman; and in the second part of the video you will hear me and another individual talking and laughing as I was attempting to record a press conference being given by the president of the Philippines at the scene of a bombing that took place just a couple of hours earlier killing 15 people and injuring dozens more.

I can assure you that no one in the examples above were happy about the events that took place on those days, I certainly wasn't, but in both cases people from time to time were able to smile and even laugh.

So a picture of a couple of guys smiling as they pass under a piece of police tape hardly proves they are happy to see the cathedral burning. Also, there's no way of knowing what religion these two men follow. They could just as easily be Christians as they could any other faith.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I saw a lot of Christian names mixed in there as well displaying smileys. How do you know that those responses are actually related to the fire?
Were you desperately searching for the handful of Francophone names to argue against the prevalence of Middle Eastern names?

If you did, more power to you. It's known that a lot of militant atheist types had rather dry eyes as the cathedral burned.

But (A) nobody has said otherwise (B) that wasn't my point anyway and (C) it doesn't change the reality that a lot of "refugees" seemed awfully happy about the fire.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟230,584.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Were you desperately searching for the handful of Francophone names to argue against the prevalence of Middle Eastern names?
Having a Middle Eastern name doesn't automatically make someone a Muslim. I know quite a few Christians with Middle Eastern Names. Also since there were also names like Bob, Mary, Luke, Christopher, Jimmy, Ben, Marco, Anne, Daniele, Kevin, Fred, Walter, Jessica, Lou, Arthur, Alexander, Justin, and Marie among others mixed in with the Middle Eastern names, then in all likelihood that list is in response to something totally different than the fire.

But (A) nobody has said otherwise (B) that wasn't my point anyway and (C) it doesn't change the reality that a lot of "refugees" seemed awfully happy about the fire.
I still haven't seen any legitimate evidence of that being the case. If anything, seeing that cathedral burning was probably the last thing refugees would want to see because they know the right-wing anti-immigration/anti-Muslim crowd would try to pin it on them.

So far I have seen a positive response from members of the Muslim community being reported.

Notre Dame fire: The iconic cathedral that 'transcends religion'

Some quotes from some more prominent Muslims:

“I feel so sorry for the massive fire at the historical architectural masterpiece ‘Notre-Dame Cathedral’ in Paris, our hearts go out to our brothers in France, they deserve our full support,” -- Sheikh Ahmed Al-Tayeb, the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, Egypt’s leading Islamic institute

"Heartbreaking scenes of Notre Dame cathedral in flames. London stands in sorrow with Paris today, and in friendship always." -- London Mayor Sadiq Khan

“I deeply regret the news of the fire in the historic tower at the Cathedral of Notre Dame,” he said, calling it a “great loss for all mankind.” -- Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi

"this disaster affects not only one of the most emblematic historical monuments of the city of Paris, but also a site of prayers for millions of worshipers around the world." -- Moroccan King Mohammed VI

“On behalf of Senegal, I express our solidarity with France and the whole Christian community throughout the world,” President Macky Sall

In the past Muslims have shown solidarity with churches in different parts of the world that have suffered a loss and this will once again be the case with the Notre Dame Cathedral.

Muslims raise nearly $100,000 for burned black churches
Muslims building a Christian church in Pakistan
Muslims help to rebuild church in Philippines
Muslims, Copts rebuild church destroyed in sectarian clashes in Egypt
Mosul’s Muslims rebuild church in solidarity with Christians

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It’s a complicated situation, and one of them is actually a friend of mine. There could be a pretty bad ripple effect if I went to HR, not just personally but it could have a bad effect on workplace operations potentially.

They aren’t the only people who’ve made outrageously anti religious jokes or comments in the 18mos I’ve been here, I’m just extra sensitive today because of this tragedy. I’ll just grin and bear it like always. :|

I vote, just do it, go to hr.

Upvote 0