Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
From a democratic politician who is active in Catholic circles. This is his now-deleted
tweet. So we will see what an investigation brings. This is contrary to what the media reports as the likely cause but it seems no one has any proof to any cause. But it is telling that the staff has this view.

56952753_2623007654382583_6468966620386557952_n.jpg

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Every week I walk by Notre-Dame as I live very close to it and I adore this walk. I came to the Mass there last week. I see it from my room. I came to many venerations of the Christ's "couronne d'épines", the best thing this lady brought to Paris. I love this place. I really do.
I spend the evening crying in my room. Notre-Dame is a part of every French's flesh. She will reborn from her ashes, but my heart is broken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Every week I walk by Notre-Dame as I live very close to it and I adore this walk. I came to the Mass there last week. I see it from my room. I came to every veneration of the Christ's "couronne d'épines" I love this place. I really do.
I spend the evening crying in my room. Notre-Dame is a part of every French's flesh. She will reborn from her ashes, but my heart is broken.

My prayers for you and all of France.

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
My prayers for you and all of France.
Thank you. We were many to cry in despair this evening, I guess this is something one never forgets... At least apparently the structure is saved.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
From a democratic politician who is active in Catholic circles. This is his now-deleted
tweet. So we will see what an investigation brings. This is contrary to what the media reports as the likely cause but it seems no one has any proof to any cause. But it is telling that the staff has this view.

View attachment 254744
Maybe this is what the French people need in order to realize their country and heritage are being stolen from them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I think this was just hear-say because the tweet has since been deleted, but a guy claiming to know some individuals who worked there said the fire was set intentionally.

That was my question. Poor France!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I read that this is the tenth Catholic Church in France to catch fire in a week's time as Easter approaches. In a country of atheistic extremism and its share of Islamic problems, this is very suspicious.

Father, I pray for peace. In Jesus'name.

Upvote 0

The Faceless

Has A Face
Mar 20, 2019
Westeros
✟37,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There are pictures making the rounds of some new arrivals in Paris cheering for this destruction.
The French of old are weeping in Heaven. These people have abandoned their senses.

Upvote 0