Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s intellectual formation was built upon two lies of radical feminism that have doggedly enslaved our culture.

The death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg has filled our social media feeds with images of the iconic Supreme Court Justice. Scrolling through her photos was a reminder that no one has worn black robes with such style and savvy. The second woman to be a Supreme Court justice exuded a sense of quiet confidence, deep intelligence, and an unmistakable panache.

Her pithy quotes included many wise notions:

So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment turn out to be great, good fortune.

Don’t be distracted by emotions like anger, envy, resentment. These just zap energy and waste time.

Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.

I just read Anne-Marie Slaughter’s book. She talked about ‘we don’t have it all.’ Who does? I’ve had it all in the course of my life, but at different times.

She was the picture of refinement and style, with a bio-pic that left most of the audience thinking “every young woman needs to see this film.” Surely she was a woman that every woman should get behind and emulate.

But what if there was a crack in RBG’s thought? What if, despite all the trappings, she missed something fundamental?

What if she wasn’t always able to thinking independently, but was also caught up in the vortex of radical feminist ideas that dominate our culture?

One of the more popular RBG memes invoked her mother’s sage advice, “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.”

By her own standards, that is, to be your own person and to be independent, it is astounding how lockstep she was with the feminist movement. Her ideas on abortion mimic those of the majority of women in mainstream media, Hollywood, the fashion industry, and politics. She parrots the same ideas touted for the last 50 years as “good for women,” even though every metric available to us—depression, suicide rates, substance abuse, divorce, and more —show that American women are less happy now than they have been before.

Continued below.
Notorious RBG and the Cool Factor