Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Just curious: What has that got to do with the tax brackets? Since they pay the lion's share of the taxes too..
The claim was, the Top 20% pay 84% of the federal taxes. If (if) they own/control 85%+/- of the nations wealth then it wouldn't seem to be out of line, imho, ymmv.
The other comment (which I skipped at the time) is that a large portion of Americans pay no federal income tax. While technically true, what is being suggested is that they aren't paying their share of taxes - which is of course absolutely false.
So, we ignore all the discussions over the last weeks? Things like property taxes per state are different, and other items as well. I think everyone knows that effects your taxes.

Are you saying the tax brackets themselves went UP? The amount of deductions vary as we know.
No. (although the house bill, before reconcilliation, would have raised the lowest income bracket -10% to 12%)
I responded to someone saying that "no one" had said that everyone would get a tax cut. When in fact, that was Trump's campaign position and he said it often.
What I am saying (now) is that even in the clip I linked, where Trump back-peddles his comment, he has switched his position altogether. His claim during the campaign was (in essence) the middle class WILL definitely, without question get a tax cut and the wealthy may or may not depending on how things are negotiated. The reality of the bill that just passed is that this has reversed. The wealthy ARE getting major tax breaks - period. It's those in the middle, where losing a deduction here or there and being able to itemize are the ones who may or may not get a cut.
The populism of the campaign has been abandoned for the GOP establishment "swamp".

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you like this you'll love step 2 - cutting social security and medicare/medicaid.

I would love to see those reworked so they work more efficiently.

Medicaid is a really screwy system, and you can't really have any relationship with a regular doctor. You spend hours on the phone trying to find an office that will take the insurance too. We have young lady that lives with us on this program. She is a cancer survivor - going on 3 years - and its appalling what she has to go though just to get a regular appointment.

Medicare has needed work on it for a long time. My BIL refused to be on the program for years, and was constantly encouraged to apply due to medical issues. I can't blame him there. Yet, after a huge medical circumstance which left him debilitated? It was clear he couldn't live by himself anymore, and he needed care from that point forward? He was rejected the first time, and the whole process took over 2 years. If you don't have family support - which luckily he did - you are really in a bad place.

I think Seniors need this, and it needs to stay available for them. Yet, the out of pocket costs can be high there as well. They need to totally look at medicaid, because that system is broken. I'm not sure where social security will go at all at this point. It's been drowning for as long as I can remember.

If we found a way to make these programs more efficient? I think it would help those that use the programs, and more funds would be available towards it. It's a HUGE portion of what we as a country spend our dollars on. It does effect the deficit, but its not a program we can do without.

Although, I doubt this aspect of government will be addressed anytime soon. We always hear talk, but it never goes anywhere. We always hear threats of cuts, etc. It never happens. They never fix anything that truly needs fixing to benefit the people of this country.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The claim was, the Top 20% pay 84% of the federal taxes. If (if) they own/control 85%+/- of the nations wealth then it wouldn't seem to be out of line, imho, ymmv.
The other comment (which I skipped at the time) is that a large portion of Americans pay no federal income tax. While technically true, what is being suggested is that they aren't paying their share of taxes - which is of course absolutely false.

The lingo I used was 'fair share'. It's been suggested for years that only a certain portion of the population should be contributing. That fairness seems a bit lopsided to me. Don't get me wrong no one likes taxes, but you need them.

People in the low income brackets really don't have anything to spare, but it shouldn't just be the wealthy that contribute to taxes. They pay the lion's share, because they make the lion's share. That's just common sense. We always want to add to programs, make new programs, increase spending, etc. Yet, no one wants to pay anymore. The suggestion is always geared towards the wealthy need to pay for it. Yet, to be fair we all need to contribute if we want more.

I think another problem is we spend to much on stupid stuff. We pay no attention to how we spend the country's tax money, and don't really care if it is inefficient. We have all seen the reports - for example - of unused federal properties that lay vacate for years. We pay for those vacate properties with even the most smallest ticket item like utilities. Surplus that goes unused. Many of those surplus items that have been sitting there for years could be sold. The room it takes up could be free to be used for something we really need. Systems that aren't streamlined so you don't have to do the same steps again for another department. When we can't even nip those small factors in the bud? Good luck with the bigger ticket items. The waste is irresponsible. Yet, if we can't address it? We all are responsible for chipping in to pay for it.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The lingo I used was 'fair share'. It's been suggested for years that only a certain portion of the population should be contributing. That fairness seems a bit lopsided to me. Don't get me wrong no one likes taxes, but you need them.
I understand your point, but I wasn't responding to you, unless you and Colter are one and the same (see post 77).
..it shouldn't just be the wealthy that contribute to taxes..
the 'not wealthy' still pay plenty of other taxes, including federal payroll taxes. Between gas taxes, sales taxes, utility taxes and other taxes, no one lives tax-free in America.
the federal income tax is less than half of federal taxes and about a fifth of taxes at all levels of government.

Social Security, Medicare and unemployment insurance taxes (known as payroll taxes) are paid mostly by the bottom 90 percent of wage earners. That's because, once you reach $127,200 of income, you pay no more for Social Security.
George Soros pays the exact same amount of Social Security taxes as someone who earns $127,200.

*edited to adjust S.S. cap to 2017 amount.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The improvident expect the thrifty to take care of them. We have a people problem!
We do. I'm supporting every lazy red state resident while I and my fellow New Jerseyans get taken to the cleaners in taxes. Time for conservatives to start supporting themselves instead of leeching off of me and others like me who are productive. Unfortunately, Trump's crappy tax plan only helps and enables the lazy while taking more from someone like me who works hard and is productive.

From your OP it seems like you believe the lie that Trump's tax plan helps anyone who is a worker. Why would you believe that? Are you part of the "people problem"? Sure sounds like it to me.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not sure who you have been listening to, but they have been discussing the tax circumstance for weeks now. I don't remember one person claiming 'everyone' would get a tax break. It's always been in accordance with your circumstance.
Look at the OP which assumes people, many people, most people, all people will be getting some kind of tax savings. What a JOKE.

I'm in a high tax state, but we aren't paying early. lol not sure we could swing it!
I make good money as do most in my state because my state is productive and prosperous. I made the max early payment that would help me yesterday. After that I will be paying.

We are leaving our state, because of the tax burden. It's not federal, but state. Some claim we are paying for the many amenities the state offers, but when you can't afford to retire here? People get driven out of the state, and so I don't know who else will be left to pay for them. Our state (don't know about yours) has a tendency to raise them on everyone, but then claim its only the wealthy. Yeah. That's why people like us that aren't rich are leaving, and I read it was about 33,000 people that left last year. I guess we will be in good company. We are out of here from late Spring, Early summer!

I'm all for paying my fair share - as the saying goes! Yet, when you tax me out of the state? It's a tad much. If our property taxes were not so high? We might be in a better position. I guess they had to cap it somewhere.
Well since you're retiring it makes sense to move to a cheap state. One of the things I get for living in my state is a high salary as well as plenty more job opportunities than most other places if, God forbid, I should find myself in need (or want) of another job. When I retire it will probably be to a cheap and much warmer state like Nevada or Florida.

But your whole post is a distraction from the thread and my point. The point is that the Trump tax plan SCREWS over me and the people from my state and the surrounding states. It is NOT a cut or savings for the middle class. It is a cut for the wealthy and a tax INCREASE on the middle class.

The OP and anyone who thinks otherwise are massively fooled and dead WRONG to think that this saves anyone who is middle class anything. My brother is a CPA and has advised all his clients to pay their taxes by today and warned them how this will be screwing them out of THOUSANDS a year in extra taxes for decades to come.

The only people who can be happy with the Trump tax plan are the very wealthy or the poor people who don't have enough brains to know that they're being screwed and would rather just blindly support that orange-haired clown idiot moron Trump.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would love to see those reworked so they work more efficiently.

Medicaid is a really screwy system, and you can't really have any relationship with a regular doctor. You spend hours on the phone trying to find an office that will take the insurance too. We have young lady that lives with us on this program. She is a cancer survivor - going on 3 years - and its appalling what she has to go though just to get a regular appointment.

Medicare has needed work on it for a long time. My BIL refused to be on the program for years, and was constantly encouraged to apply due to medical issues. I can't blame him there. Yet, after a huge medical circumstance which left him debilitated? It was clear he couldn't live by himself anymore, and he needed care from that point forward? He was rejected the first time, and the whole process took over 2 years. If you don't have family support - which luckily he did - you are really in a bad place.

I think Seniors need this, and it needs to stay available for them. Yet, the out of pocket costs can be high there as well. They need to totally look at medicaid, because that system is broken. I'm not sure where social security will go at all at this point. It's been drowning for as long as I can remember.

If we found a way to make these programs more efficient? I think it would help those that use the programs, and more funds would be available towards it. It's a HUGE portion of what we as a country spend our dollars on. It does effect the deficit, but its not a program we can do without.

Although, I doubt this aspect of government will be addressed anytime soon. We always hear talk, but it never goes anywhere. We always hear threats of cuts, etc. It never happens. They never fix anything that truly needs fixing to benefit the people of this country.
Medicaid is broken? How? People on medicaid get what they need and they do get to see a doctor regularly, more so than even people on medicare. They can't always have their choice but they get better coverage than people on medicare.

Medicare is super efficient and cost-cutting and was a God-send to my family for both my parents. I would look at my mother's monthly dialysis bill and what cost others $100,000 (i.e. insurance companies) cost less than $30,000 to Medicare because Medicare, being the largest single insurer, could negotiate that much better of the rate. Then I look further and the $30,000 is mostly covered and paid by Medicare. Unfortunately, thanks to the Republicans and conservatives, Medicare doesn't cover 100% because the conservatives want their filthy scum friends in the insurance companies to get their extortion money so we had to have a supplemental through a for-profit insurance company that profits from the misery, suffering, sickness, and death of people, especially the elderly. That's what conservatives support - they support making money from the torment of the sick and old. That's completely anti-Christian and that's what they support.

As for Social Security it is its own pool and is solvent so I don't know where you get the notion that it's "drowning" - sounds like something that conservative bigmouth lying pundits like to drum into the heads of their uninformed and ignorant and blind followers. "Drowning" - lol, that's rich. The only government program with its own pool and is solvent and they say it's "drowning"!

Of course let's not forget how Bush also screwed up Medicare part D on purpose so that seniors would not be able to get low-cost prescriptions but would rather wind up in the position to choose between food and medications. That's just what the Republicans and conservatives are all about, tormenting and killing off the sick and elderly, in direct contradiction to what the Bible teaches.

It's amazing to me how so many people claim to be Christians yet turn around and think it's a good idea to torment and kill our sick and elderly. It is the most demonic and evil thing and this is what people who profess to be Christians support in droves. It's mind-boggling. I can't help but think that perhaps to a lot of people "Christianity" is just like another badge they like to wear but when it comes to the Bible they want nothing to do with it, they serve mammon over God. The Bible says that these people cannot serve two masters for they will love one and hate the other, and it's clear to me which god these people serve, and that is MAMMON, money, materialism/self - the same sin that Satan committed to become Satan. Those are Satanic policies and ideas and the people who support them are Satanic, no matter what they claim.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
We do. I'm supporting every lazy red state resident while I and my fellow New Jerseyans get taken to the cleaners in taxes. Time for conservatives to start supporting themselves instead of leeching off of me and others like me who are productive. Unfortunately, Trump's crappy tax plan only helps and enables the lazy while taking more from someone like me who works hard and is productive.

From your OP it seems like you believe the lie that Trump's tax plan helps anyone who is a worker. Why would you believe that? Are you part of the "people problem"? Sure sounds like it to me.
* High tax states, mostly Blue, have been mooching off the Federal tax paying base for years as state taxes were deductible on their fed returns. Trump reduced that to $10,000. But true, Leftist like redistributing other peoples money. When its their own then "suddenly" high taxation is unfair.

* When Obama sold the dishonest ACA, one of the architects, Johnathan Gruber, bluntly stated after the fraud was committed they were relying on the "stupidity of the American voter." The red state people that condescending northerners look down on, knew he was lying. So we weren't the ones Gruber was talking about! ^_^

redstate.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I understand your point, but I wasn't responding to you, unless you and Colter are one and the same (see post 77).

the 'not wealthy' still pay plenty of other taxes, including federal payroll taxes. Between gas taxes, sales taxes, utility taxes and other taxes, no one lives tax-free in America.
the federal income tax is less than half of federal taxes and about a fifth of taxes at all levels of government.

Social Security, Medicare and unemployment insurance taxes (known as payroll taxes) are paid mostly by the bottom 90 percent of wage earners. That's because, once you reach $127,200 of income, you pay no more for Social Security.
George Soros pays the exact same amount of Social Security taxes as someone who earns $127,200.

*edited to adjust S.S. cap to 2017 amount.
Businesses pay 50% of their employees SS tax!

SS started at 1% employee and 1% employer contribution. Tl 2%. Now the TL is 15.3%

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
* High tax states, mostly Blue, have been mooching off the Federal tax paying base for years as state taxes were deductible on their fed returns. Trump reduced that to $10,000. But true, Leftist like redistributing other peoples money. When its their own then "suddenly" high taxation is unfair.

View attachment 217216

Mooching like South Carolina? A state that receives $7.87 in federal aid for every $1.00 paid in federal tax?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Medicaid is broken? How? People on medicaid get what they need and they do get to see a doctor regularly, more so than even people on medicare. They can't always have their choice but they get better coverage than people on medicare.

Since I live with one person on Medicaid, and one on Medicare here at the house? I'll have to agree to disagree with you. My BIL gets the better deal than the young lady here. BIL is on medicare. BIL doesn't have to search high and low each time he needs to see a doctor. He has seen the same one for years now. He isn't forced to drive 3 hours one way to see them either. She does - I drive her.

Most medical doctor's don't take medicaid. They can't afford too. So, I'm not so sure about how people think its so much better.

Medicare is super efficient and cost-cutting and was a God-send to my family for both my parents. I would look at my mother's monthly dialysis bill and what cost others $100,000 (i.e. insurance companies) cost less than $30,000 to Medicare because Medicare, being the largest single insurer, could negotiate that much better of the rate. Then I look further and the $30,000 is mostly covered and paid by Medicare. Unfortunately, thanks to the Republicans and conservatives, Medicare doesn't cover 100% because the conservatives want their filthy scum friends in the insurance companies to get their extortion money so we had to have a supplemental through a for-profit insurance company that profits from the misery, suffering, sickness, and death of people, especially the elderly. That's what conservatives support - they support making money from the torment of the sick and old. That's completely anti-Christian and that's what they support.

Never said it wasn't a decent program, and I also mentioned it needs to stay. Yet, it never did cover costs 100%. There is alot more to the costs than your opinions. Laying judgement on groups without looking into the whole realm? No doubt you could find some verses that relate to that as well. lol not that you want too.

As for Social Security it is its own pool and is solvent so I don't know where you get the notion that it's "drowning" - sounds like something that conservative bigmouth lying pundits like to drum into the heads of their uninformed and ignorant and blind followers. "Drowning" - lol, that's rich. The only government program with its own pool and is solvent and they say it's "drowning"!

I'm not 'conservative'. lol! It's been a trouble for a while. They have been talking about it - both sides of the aisle for years now. Not sure where you have been.

Of course let's not forget how Bush also screwed up Medicare part D on purpose so that seniors would not be able to get low-cost prescriptions but would rather wind up in the position to choose between food and medications. That's just what the Republicans and conservatives are all about, tormenting and killing off the sick and elderly, in direct contradiction to what the Bible teaches.

It's amazing to me how so many people claim to be Christians yet turn around and think it's a good idea to torment and kill our sick and elderly. It is the most demonic and evil thing and this is what people who profess to be Christians support in droves. It's mind-boggling. I can't help but think that perhaps to a lot of people "Christianity" is just like another badge they like to wear but when it comes to the Bible they want nothing to do with it, they serve mammon over God. The Bible says that these people cannot serve two masters for they will love one and hate the other, and it's clear to me which god these people serve, and that is MAMMON, money, materialism/self - the same sin that Satan committed to become Satan. Those are Satanic policies and ideas and the people who support them are Satanic, no matter what they claim.

Okay then.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

* When Obama sold the dishonest ACA, one of the architects, Johnathan Gruber, bluntly stated after the fraud was committed they were relying on the "stupidity of the American voter." The red state people that condescending northerners look down on, knew he was lying. So we weren't the ones Gruber was talking about! ^_^

View attachment 217216
Thanks for your opinion but it really is not helpful as it's just based on your perceptions which are obviously influenced by your politics.

Those pesky facts prove your opinion to be WRONG:

2017’s Most & Least Federally Dependent States

Go see how I and other blue state folks, especially from NJ, are supporting the lazy, unproductive (i.e. low GDP), mooching red states.

You complain about us deducting our state taxes as if we're taking money from someone else when in fact we're simply taking BACK a PART of our already over-spending on the lazy states like yours.

Yes, this higher taxation is unfair when we already had higher taxation. Scum of the earth senators like those from Oklahoma and Texas didn't even want to give our state relief for Sandy and stonewalled it for months, even though it's OUR MONEY. Meanwhile, we are quick to help those states with their yearly disasters like hurricanes and tornadoes and floods, which they whine and cry about and come with open hands for the handouts from me and the blue states.

Practice what you preach, otherwise be prepared for an earful from the likes of me.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,488.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Explain to me how I have been deducting my state income tax which does not exist?

Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your opinion but it really is not helpful as it's just based on your perceptions which are obviously influenced by your politics.

Those pesky facts prove your opinion to be WRONG:

2017’s Most & Least Federally Dependent States

Go see how I and other blue state folks, especially from NJ, are supporting the lazy, unproductive (i.e. low GDP), mooching red states.

You complain about us deducting our state taxes as if we're taking money from someone else when in fact we're simply taking BACK a PART of our already over-spending on the lazy states like yours.

Yes, this higher taxation is unfair when we already had higher taxation. Scum of the earth senators like those from Oklahoma and Texas didn't even want to give our state relief for Sandy and stonewalled it for months, even though it's OUR MONEY. Meanwhile, we are quick to help those states with their yearly disasters like hurricanes and tornadoes and floods, which they whine and cry about and come with open hands for the handouts from me and the blue states.

Practice what you preach, otherwise be prepared for an earful from the likes of me.
And your opinions aren't based on your politics????

Perhaps those in the red states that vote for (R)'s are the net contributors to the Fed Gov from those states while the (D)'s are more likely to see the wisdom in receiving support? People tend to vote in their own self interest.

The high taxes that (D) dominated blue states like NJ pay for your own states expenses, have nothing to do with Fed support for any other state! With 565 municipalities and 600 school districts, the tiny dense state of NJ suffers from a great deal of cumulative bloated government excess over the years! So your ability to write off the mismanagement of your state isn't just keeping more of your own money, it's passing own your states mismanagement to the rest of the nation! School unions milk the state at ($19,076) per pupil! Public employee health benefits $16,008 per employee, 50% higher than any other state! NJ is #3 in the U.S for Medicaid expenditures at $8,309 per enrollee. #6 in the nation per capita debt $24,134. #9 unfunded pension at $108 Billion! #11 full career state employee pension at $41,253!

So there is a bunch of people in your own state that receive quite a lot of tax dollar support!

The Myth of Red Welfare

Articles: The Myth of Red State Welfare

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Explain to me how I have been deducting my state income tax which does not exist?

You diabolical Washingtonians with your Space Needles and aquariums and Starbucks and Jennifer Granholm. It is no wonder the country is in such a mess because of you guys.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And your opinions aren't based on your politics????
I posted facts and support for the facts. You posted opinions with nothing to back them up. And you're dead wrong but hey it supports your narrative (since the truth doesn't) so you push it.

Perhaps those in the red states that vote for (R)'s are the net contributors to the Fed Gov from those states while the (D)'s are more likely to see the wisdom in receiving support? People tend to vote in their own self interest.
No, if those in the red states were the net contributors to the federal government then those states would not be TAKING from the federal government but instead giving. That's not what is happening, it's productive states like NJ where Democrats are the majority who are providing and supporting the lazy red states.

The high taxes that (D) dominated blue states like NJ pay for your own states expenses, have nothing to do with Fed support for any other state! With 565 municipalities and 600 school districts, the tiny dense state of NJ suffers from a great deal of cumulative bloated government excess over the years! So your ability to write off the mismanagement of your state isn't just keeping more of your own money, it's passing own your states mismanagement to the rest of the nation! School unions milk the state at ($19,076) per pupil! Public employee health benefits $16,008 per employee, 50% higher than any other state! NJ is #3 in the U.S for Medicaid expenditures at $8,309 per enrollee. #6 in the nation per capita debt $24,134. #9 unfunded pension at $108 Billion! #11 full career state employee pension at $41,253!

So there is a bunch of people in your own state that receive quite a lot of tax dollar support!
I don't care about my state's own high taxes that pay for the state's own expenses. I didn't talk about that at all. I am talking about the FEDERAL burden on my state. That has nothing to do with our state's high state and property taxes other than that it piles on top of our already high state financial burdens the burdens of those poor and ignorant lazy red state folks who we also have to pay for. I provided data on FEDERAL tax burden (vs. FEDERAL tax benefit) - I am not talking about state taxes at all.

You sure do a lot to dodge and deflect from the fact that your state and the other lazy, unproductive, leeching red states are freeloading off my back for decades and that the Trump plan is to increase that leeching from productive states like mine to lazy, unproductive red states like the one you live in.

You can pretend you're against socialism all you want but you're proving that you love and enjoy taking handouts from me by continuing to push this stupid and idiotic Trump crap that only a brain-dead monkey with down's syndrome would think is good for the middle-class working man.

Enjoy your handout, but stop pretending it's not a handout - you're living on my work and money. YOU'RE WELCOME (even though you're ingrateful).

Oh by the way any disasters lately that you're going to come to me with your hands out for more handout? Flood, tornado perhaps? Maybe your state should pull itself up by the bootstraps and take care of themselves.

Here's an idea - if you live in a state that gets hurricaned or tornadoed or flooded every year then move away instead of coming back with your hands open and begging every single time. My state needed help once in the last 60 or more years and when we wanted some of OUR money BACK the red states that were leeching it fought against giving any of it back to us. I think it's high time we stop redistributing money on the state level, let those red states suffer and hurt for a while and when they can finally admit they love the handouts they can come crawling back and beg for those handouts, and then MAYBE we'll give them some.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I posted facts and support for the facts. You posted opinions with nothing to back them up. And you're dead wrong but hey it supports your narrative (since the truth doesn't) so you push it.

No, if those in the red states were the net contributors to the federal government then those states would not be TAKING from the federal government but instead giving. That's not what is happening, it's productive states like NJ where Democrats are the majority who are providing and supporting the lazy red states.

I don't care about my state's own high taxes that pay for the state's own expenses. I didn't talk about that at all. I am talking about the FEDERAL burden on my state. That has nothing to do with our state's high state and property taxes other than that it piles on top of our already high state financial burdens the burdens of those poor and ignorant lazy red state folks who we also have to pay for. I provided data on FEDERAL tax burden (vs. FEDERAL tax benefit) - I am not talking about state taxes at all.

You sure do a lot to dodge and deflect from the fact that your state and the other lazy, unproductive, leeching red states are freeloading off my back for decades and that the Trump plan is to increase that leeching from productive states like mine to lazy, unproductive red states like the one you live in.

You can pretend you're against socialism all you want but you're proving that you love and enjoy taking handouts from me by continuing to push this stupid and idiotic Trump crap that only a brain-dead monkey with down's syndrome would think is good for the middle-class working man.

Enjoy your handout, but stop pretending it's not a handout - you're living on my work and money. YOU'RE WELCOME (even though you're ingrateful).

Oh by the way any disasters lately that you're going to come to me with your hands out for more handout? Flood, tornado perhaps? Maybe your state should pull itself up by the bootstraps and take care of themselves.

Here's an idea - if you live in a state that gets hurricaned or tornadoed or flooded every year then move away instead of coming back with your hands open and begging every single time. My state needed help once in the last 60 or more years and when we wanted some of OUR money BACK the red states that were leeching it fought against giving any of it back to us. I think it's high time we stop redistributing money on the state level, let those red states suffer and hurt for a while and when they can finally admit they love the handouts they can come crawling back and beg for those handouts, and then MAYBE we'll give them some.
Fact, #39 NJ receives far more in Fed support than #1 Louisiana. 2014 Louisiana received $10.2 billion, NJ $15.5 billion (rounded up). The Per capita # is bigger because they divide the funds from the federal government by the states populations. Per capita LA $2,188, NJ $1,692.

Federal Welfare spending Per capita NJ $774 LA $446

Largest Per capita welfare recipients in America???? The District of Columbia $2,727

That’s how the (D)’s came up with the misinformation or “fake news” about red states. AND, different states receive different fed block grants for different things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
State Welfare Spending Rank
Rank the 50 states for state and local welfare spending.

US State and Local Government
Welfare Spending
ranked by: $ per capita
Fiscal Year 2018 projection

State State and
Local
Spending
arrow_sort_a.gif

District of Columbia $2,727
Alaska $1,267
California $1,138
New York $1,030
Connecticut $968
Vermont $939
Minnesota $833
Maine $824
Massachusetts $808
Wisconsin $808
Pennsylvania $773
North Dakota $770
Maryland $761
Oregon $752
Nebraska $741
Rhode Island $740
New Jersey $723
Delaware $719
New Hampshire $699
Hawaii $657
South Dakota $637
Ohio $625
All states combined $614
Illinois $609
Montana $594
West Virginia $567
Washington $565
Virginia $550
Colorado $511
Michigan $506
Wyoming $486
Indiana $465
North Carolina $465
Nevada $461
Oklahoma $456
Utah $455
Tennessee $450
Louisiana $446
Kentucky $438
Iowa $417
Arizona $402
Arkansas $391
Kansas $376
New Mexico $351
Mississippi $337
Idaho $320
Texas $319
Alabama $315
Florida $306
South Carolina $300
Missouri $294
Georgia $288

Last edited:
Upvote 0