Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Until you present one fragment of scripture from the New Testament saying the kingdom is physical, you are misleading others.

I never said that the Kingdom is physical -- nor am I arguing that.

You have seen what I wrote and decided instead of arguing with me, to go out in the field and arguing with a scarecrow. You are arguing a strawman argument.

If you have any issue with what I wrote, besides claiming that I somehow 'added to Revelation' and so am 'under the curse', feel free to make it.

If you wish to seriously attempt to argue that, well, as I already pointed out -- by your own standard, you have done the same. But, not by my standard.

I will not forever argue with you putting words in my mouth, words I did not say.

I have no idea what your beliefs are, even, from what you have stated, beyond having some manner of unreasonable disagreement solely with 'pre-millenialism'. Yet, with the sparse details you have barely bothered to give, I can only conclude you must agree with amillenialism and perhaps even post-millenialism. Both of which *theories* do not stand the light of day. They do not withstand *reasonable* scrutiny.

So, I do understand why you feel you must rely on these unreasonable tactics.

Feel free to correct me, if I am incorrect on my judgment of you. Otherwise, I will keep it.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you do not understand how these passages are related to the Premill doctrine, you do not understand the doctrine.

No, why do you not show me how?

If you are a follower of Jesus, why are you not walking... the extra two steps here. If you have such a pat and quick answer, why do you refuse to show me, specifically, how these verses rule out the pre-millenial view?

I think you are ashamed of presenting your true beliefs here, because you know they will not stand up to: Reasonable Scrutiny! Even Extremely Clear and Obvious Reeeeasonable Scrutiny! Hahahaha...

Sorry. Not laughing against you... just at my own self.

Go ahead, present your beliefs!

... looking at your profile, to try and ferret them out some...

Just says Christian! Christian, what? Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox?

My goodness, if you have the only right and true way to salvation, and all of us who consider other possibilities on prophecy interpretation, then why not share?!

But... if you are ashamed of your beliefs - which I think you are - then you know your beliefs on prophecy interpretation will not stand the light of day. It can not stand up to reasonable scrutiny.

So, now, I know. What you already know. On some level. Now, please, explain yourself.

If you can.

(I am betting this is not going to be a winning horse. Full disclosure.)

(Blunt.)

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, why do you not show me how?

Do you believe mortals will live on this planet for 1,000 years after the Second Coming of Christ?

If you do, how would Matthew 25:31-46 effect your viewpoint?

How many mortals will be alive on this planet after the sheep and goat judgment from that passage?

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe mortals will live on this planet for 1,000 years after the Second Coming of Christ?

How many mortals will be alive on this planet after the sheep and goat judgment from that passage?

No, they would have to become immortal to live on this planet for a 1000 years, is that not obvious?

Why are you avoiding answering the question of what, specifically, your belief system is?

I think you are hiding something that can not stand up to scrutiny....

As for the statement you make about the sheep and the goat, this, too, is irrelevant. It is irrelevant to the doctrine of pre-millenialism.

Do you need for me to explain why this is so...? I think the answer on that is very obvious.

Again, what are your beliefs on end times? Besides that you are amillenialist, or post-millenialist? What specific "Christian" are you, so I can address that?

I think, as I have said before, your end times beliefs can not stand scrutiny, so you are very, very hesitant to be open about them and bring them out, into the light of day.

Prove me wrong.

Why hide such beliefs, I was open about mine.

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ah... looking back... I see a #3 and a #5, but no #4, hahahaha, must be someone on my Ignore List.

Hahahaha... I did want to solicit critical opinions, but did block those I found to have particularly bad ideas which really did not stand any manner of scrutiny.

Still, I will likely indulge and unblock everyone, just to see.
Might want to look at the threads carefully. I was responding to someone else not you

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

As for my continual request for you to please tell me your end times beliefs, and what they are, being ignored - though this is an entirely innocent and fair and reasonable 'request to go the extra mile' - I will go my own extra mile here, for you. As I have absolutely nothing to be ashamed about.

I lean towards pre-millenialism. And you amillenialists I keep encountering here push me even further in that direction.

I have been open to amillenialism. I have been open to post-millenialism. I still remain somewhat undecided. After all, there is a possibility either could have merit from a wide variety of angles.

I do believe, however, that *The Church*, the right and true and one and only Church, is spiritual. The believers are united invisibly and indivisibly, as they are united by One Spirit, through One Person, and that person is Jesus Christ.

The Catholic Church does not save people. The Orthodox Church does not save people. The Protestant Church does not save people. Only God saves. And that is the meaning of the Name, Jesus. God Saves.

You can be Catholic or Orthodox or Protestant and be saved. You could be something else, and be saved.

If you believe you must be Catholic to be saved, or must be Protestant, or must be Orthodox? You are wrong.

You do not have to be of any group other then the Kingdom of Heaven to be saved.

Heaven, rules.

And only God saves.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Might want to look at the threads carefully. I was responding to someone else not you

Regarding the response you are replying to: "Ah... looking back... I see a #3 and a #5, but no #4, hahahaha, must be someone on my Ignore List.

Hahahaha... I did want to solicit critical opinions, but did block those I found to have particularly bad ideas which really did not stand any manner of scrutiny.

Still, I will likely indulge and unblock everyone, just to see."

It was blocked for me, as the poster of post #4 was on my Ignore List...

This also removed references posts inline in responses, until I refreshed my view of the thread.

I did go back and unblock everyone. There was a lot, but now I can see that post, and who people are responding to.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As for my continual request for you to please tell me your end times beliefs, and what they are, being ignored - though this is an entirely innocent and fair and reasonable 'request to go the extra mile' - I will go my own extra mile here, for you. As I have absolutely nothing to be ashamed about.

I lean towards pre-millenialism. And you amillenialists I keep encountering here push me even further in that direction.

Are you going to answer the question in my last post, or do you not understand how Matthew 25:31-46 effects the premill doctrine?

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Regarding the response you are replying to: "Ah... looking back... I see a #3 and a #5, but no #4, hahahaha, must be someone on my Ignore List.

Still, I will likely indulge and unblock everyone, just to see."

It was blocked for me, as the poster of post #4 was on my Ignore List...

This also removed references posts inline in responses, until I refreshed my view of the thread.

I did go back and unblock everyone. There was a lot, but now I can see that post, and who people are responding to.
For my info. why was I blocked. Curious as to what offended yo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you going to answer the question in my last post, or do you not understand how Matthew 25:31-46 effects the premill doctrine?

Another way to avoid answering the simple question of 'what are your beliefs'.

Beyond just 'amillennial', and you could be post-millenial, or even not amillenial, for all I know. Maybe you just dislike pre-millenialism for some reason. I am not entirely decided on pre-millenialism and continue to entertain other possibilities.

As for your question, it has nothing to do with amillenialism, pre-millenialism, or post-millenialism. At best, we have not seen that happen yet, which rules out amillenialism and post-millenialism.

So, if you are pre-millenialist, and do not understand the verse in question, then you really should not be arguing with me using strawman tactics and evading stating your own beliefs...

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For my info. why was I blocked. Curious as to what offended yo

Hehheh... no, *not* you, whomever the author of Post #4 was. If you were blocked when I wrote that, I would not have been able to see your post, and would not have been head scratching as to 'who you' and 'everyone' is replying to...

Nope, you are good. :)

(Hopefully, I will not confuse you with my current troll with a similar name, however.)

(And no, you are by no means a troll, I found no problem with your response or responses, that I can recall.)

Only reason I had such a big block list was not because those people were offending me, but I found them unduly unreasonable.

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hehheh... no, *not* you, whomever the author of Post #4 was. If you were blocked when I wrote that, I would not have been able to see your post, and would not have been head scratching as to 'who you' and 'everyone' is replying to...

Nope, you are good. :)

(Hopefully, I will not confuse you with my current troll with a similar name, however.)

(And no, you are by no means a troll, I found no problem with your response or responses, that I can recall.)

Only reason I had such a big block list was not because those people were offending me, but I found them unduly unreasonable.
Cool

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another way to avoid answering the simple question of 'what are your beliefs'.

Beyond just 'amillennial', and you could be post-millenial, or even not amillenial, for all I know. Maybe you just dislike pre-millenialism for some reason. I am not entirely decided on pre-millenialism and continue to entertain other possibilities.

As for your question, it has nothing to do with amillenialism, pre-millenialism, or post-millenialism. At best, we have not seen that happen yet, which rules out amillenialism and post-millenialism.

So, if you are pre-millenialist, and do not understand the verse in question, then you really should not be arguing with me using strawman tactics and evading stating your own beliefs...

The following would be close to my understanding.

I do not like any of the labels, although amill would be the label most people would use for what I believe.
Amill means no millennium, which is not what I believe.
The time period known as the "Church Age", which ends at the future Second Coming of Christ, would be what I see in Revelation chapter 20.

Because Christ returns in Revelation 16:15-16, and also in chapter 19, we know the book cannot be in perfect chronological order.

The "time of the judgment of the dead" is found in Revelation 11:15-18.
And Christ returns "in flaming fire" in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10.
The same event is described at the end of Revelation chapter 20.

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's a long post but well written. Personally I can't see how ammilinialism works because of the fact that satan has never been bound, nor ever fully within oneself. So that contradicts scripture right there. The apostles were known for turning the world upside down but that pertained to thinking and conduct.

Another thought tho is that the jubilee and Jesus return would level the earth so I wonder if Armageddon isn't worldwide. Just a thought.
Still true fact.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
- snip for content clarity, initial quote put in so you get an Alert that says you have a response -

You state:

'The following would be close to my understanding.

I do not like any of the labels, although amill would be the label most people would use for what I believe.
Amill means no millennium, which is not what I believe.
The time period known as the "Church Age", which ends at the future Second Coming of Christ, would be what I see in Revelation chapter 20.'

That sounds like the partial preterist viewpoint. Or, preterist viewpoint. Which is the amillenial viewpoint.

As for disagreement with names and definitions, that is fine, but there are many, many shades of grey in what people actually believe. Amillenialism its' self has been very popular over the ages and remains to be held by the Catholic Church, the Orthodox Church, and a number of mainstream, Protestant churches.

( Preterism - Wikipedia )

( Amillennialism - Wikipedia )

( The Rapture | Catholic Answers )

For me, because I state I am leaning towards pre-millenialism, does not mean you know my viewpoint, either. You most certainly do not. You have no idea how I view pre-millenialism as being possible.

You post a video & state:
'Because Christ returns in Revelation 16:15-16, and also in chapter 19, we know the book cannot be in perfect chronological order.

The "time of the judgment of the dead" is found in Revelation 11:15-18.
The same event is described at the end of Revelation chapter 20.'

I stopped the video when the guy said that the chronological order of Revelation is mixed up, and as proof of that he stated that it says in Revelation 16 that "Babylon has fallen".

He goes on to say that 'Babylon is introduced here, and then, in Chapter 19, we see it introduced again, as if we had never seen it before' which he claims all of this 'proves that Revelation is not in chronological order.

This is poor exegesis, and a very bad way of introducing his theories.

You know better then this and present stronger proofs then that.

The reason why this passage has never confused anyone with there being two Babylons, because it simply is not confusing, unless you make it confusing to try and warp your own personal preferences around Revelation -- to try and slam fit a square peg into a round hole. It simply does not fit.

I do not think I need to explain why that is not confusing, and the very same 'fall of Babylon' and the very same 'Babylon'.

Now looking more closely at your presentation:

"Christ returns in Revelation 16:15-16"

But, is that so?

Rev 16:15-16

15 “Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.”

16 Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon.

If you want to argue that is Christ's return, you might as well argue Christ returned when he stated that in the first place.

The more obvious reading of that is that Jesus is bringing up a reminder that what is transpiring fits in such a mold that no one expects the coming that will shortly thereafter happen.

That the 'kings gather together' at 'a place called Armageddon' does not mean Christ has returned either.

There is an implication that Jesus is somehow already on earth, or that the believers are found in such a way to have a connection with him, such as a spiritual connection through the air. As the 'spirits of the air' communicate, or as Paul wrote of being with a church in spirit, at least twice.

And as the vast majority of amillenialists believe, that they are 'reigning with Christ' spiritually.

Be they Catholics or Jehovah Witnesses, or the many other groups that believe this sort of thing -- I am not sure how else someone could believe the Millennium - or, as you say, 'the Church Age', has already happened, otherwise.

You go on to state:

'The "time of the judgment of the dead" is found in Revelation 11:15-18.
The same event is described at the end of Revelation chapter 20.'

This is a much better exegesis, the best of the bunch.

In fact, I saw you mentioned Rev 11 and knew what it says there, so I was already willing to say your exegesis is superior to that reader on the video.

This verse is where many pre-millenialists - seemingly paradoxically - insist that they are raptured up, or caught up - literally, physically - into Heaven and leave everyone else behind.

I do not hold the viewpoint that they are literally, physically, removed from the earth. That is absurd, unnecessary, against common sense, and against Scripture. It is against the very nature of the Kingdom of Heaven.

From your viewpoint, these verses are good, as one could argue that 'how can the judgment of the dead come now, when you do not see that until the end of the Millennium'?

I do not see that viewpoint as accurate, nor as necessary. It is better then that pre-millenial viewpoint, but only marginally so. As it seems so clear that judging the dead does not happen until after the Millennium.

However, many partial preterists have no issue with this, being, of course, partial preterists, or believing some matters of Revelation before the Millennium have already come to pass, anyway.

How they just jump over the Third Woe and leap to the Millennium, then jump back to it again at the end of the Millennium, I do not know. Not because it is so absurd in a book which so painstakingly presents matters in such a strong, chronological order. Because you know Jesus did not return in 70 AD, and you know that, in Daniel - at the least - there is a key verse which breaks off and does not resume until his return.

This is also not entirely out of line with the Prophets, either, which often have one verse placed in one time period, and another verse placed in another time period. And, more importantly, all these verses - including the lives of the prophets - are, in some way, to be repeated or brought to mind, at the end.

Revelation, however, is not written in the same manner. It walks through the opening of the seven seals, the seven trumpets, the three woes, and the seven bowls of wrath. All in clear, clockwork like manner.

Did God do this just to deceive us?

I sincerely and deeply do not think this is the case.

Instead, something about the two witnesses was of vast importance. So vast it meant that it was understood - in Heaven, not on earth - that Judgment Day was upon everyone and the world. So vast that it was acceptable to state that the kingdom of the world had now become the Kingdom of God.

This, however, is not confusing, as one sees the Resurrection of the dead, shortly to come afterwards. Not all the dead. But, those chosen. Jesus came first to give salvation, and secondly, to bring judgment. And, if you are familiar with that verse, you know, it, too, is cut and separated from his first coming to his second coming.

But, it is in order. The second coming did not come before the first.

Further, that remains a pattern in all of these prophecies of Scripture which we can reasonably understand has a split in the middle. There may be a pause or a split, but it remains in order.

I am disappointed.

Regardless, I appreciate you opening up, and offering your viewpoint. I am certainly open to hearing a rebuttal, if you choose to give one.

But, to persuade me, it would have to disprove these things I am stating, such as - and maybe it is possible - showing me where God put "2" before "1" or the "last" before the "first".

Not including, of course, the miracle of water into wine, 'saving the best for last'.

Otherwise, I am not looking up that youtube video to see what church it is. If you wish to offer the name, I will certainly research it. If your rebuttal is reasonable, I certainly do not mind finishing it. Everybody makes mistakes.

Or, can be tongue tied at times.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still true fact.

On:
'cobblestone said:
That's a long post but well written. Personally I can't see how ammilinialism works because of the fact that satan has never been bound, nor ever fully within oneself. So that contradicts scripture right there. The apostles were known for turning the world upside down but that pertained to thinking and conduct.

Another thought tho is that the jubilee and Jesus return would level the earth so I wonder if Armageddon isn't worldwide. Just a thought.'

True, though the last bit, 'it depends on what you mean'.

For instance, one could say 'all the fans of the Netflix show BlahBlahBlah came together at one place, Netflix, to watch it'. Or, 'the US intelligence agency showed the true alien leadership on closed circuit camera from Roswell airforce base to leaders around the world, setting them all in the mindset that there really are aliens among us and they must be destroyed'.

Being creative with that one.

Or, more plausibly, "a major nation state becomes aware of a vast, organized, 'off the books' organization with untold funding and capabilities, and decides finally to bring in all of the other nations on the earth into their finding to help them overcome this monstrosity'. They would then be all together brought to a metaphorical "place".

Still quite creative, and self-amusing, but just saying. A "place" can be metaphoric, such as a state of mind or system of belief.

:)

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On:
'cobblestone said:

Another thought tho is that the jubilee and Jesus return would level the earth so I wonder if Armageddon isn't worldwide. Just a thought.'

True, though the last bit, 'it depends on what you mean'.

For instance, one could say 'all the fans of the Netflix show BlahBlahBlah came together at one place, Netflix, to watch it'. Or, 'the US intelligence agency showed the true alien leadership on closed circuit camera from Roswell airforce base to leaders around the world, setting them all in the mindset that there really are aliens among us and they must be destroyed'.

Being creative with that one.

Or, more plausibly, "a major nation state becomes aware of a vast, organized, 'off the books' organization with untold funding and capabilities, and decides finally to bring in all of the other nations on the earth into their finding to help them overcome this monstrosity'. They would then be all together brought to a metaphorical "place".

Still quite creative, and self-amusing, but just saying. A "place" can be metaphoric, such as a state of mind or system of belief.

:)
Still on this side of Dixie and the orangutang is one foot over th line. Sharing beauty secrets with him goes seem ti help tho.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am disappointed.

Regardless, I appreciate you opening up, and offering your viewpoint. I am certainly open to hearing a rebuttal, if you choose to give one.

But, to persuade me, it would have to disprove these things I am stating, such as - and maybe it is possible - showing me where God put "2" before "1" or the "last" before the "first".

Not including, of course, the miracle of water into wine, 'saving the best for last'.

Otherwise, I am not looking up that youtube video to see what church it is. If you wish to offer the name, I will certainly research it. If your rebuttal is reasonable, I certainly do not mind finishing it. Everybody makes mistakes.

Or, can be tongue tied at times.

We seem to have a communication problem.

The 7th trumpet in the passage below is the last trumpet in the Bible.
It is the time when the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of God and Christ "forever". How long is "forever"?

We also find "the time of the judgment of the dead" in the same passage, along with "reward" for some and "destruction" for others.

If you still think the book is in chronological order nothing I can say could convince you otherwise.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

I gave you the video by Steve Gregg, which is close to my belief.
It takes time to study and understand it, which is time many do not want to put into finding out what they believe is not correct.

Maybe you can find someone else to give you what you want to hear.

Thanks for the conversation.

Upvote 0