sidewalkchalk

Feb 13, 2012
✟15,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Blessed By Jesus,

Give your body and eating habits to the Lord. Verbally do this by telling Him that you give them to Him. Ask Him to give you new eating habits and to cause you to see yourself the way He does. Every time you feel weak and want to seek out comfort via an unhealthy route, like body disorder forums or wanting to OD on something, just out loud tell God that you give yourself to Him. Just keep doing this, this is a form of SUBMITTING YOURSELF TO GOD, and over time you will see that your desires and wants and habits will change.

The Bible says first to SUBMIT yourself to God, then resist the devil and that the devil will flee from you (James 4:7). So many people love that scripture but they don't pay attention to the first part which is SUBMITTING TO GOD. Part of this means REPENTING for making things an idol, in this case your weight. This also means submitting your will, mind , body and emotions. In your case it would include your body image, eating habits and idols. You've made your body image an idol and by going to pro ana/eating disorder sites you're bowing down to the idol that you've made of your eating disorder. Going to pro ana/ pro eating disorder sites to feel better is the OPPOSITE of going to God for help. You're going to your idol for help when visiting these pro ana/eating disorder sites.

Part of going to God for help is also waiting on Him after we've prayed. Often we ask God for help and then go out and do whatever we want if He doesn't show up when we think he should. If you wait on the Lord after you've asked for help in a moment of weakness or temptation then you will have your answer and strength renewed.

"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary." - Isaiah 40:31

Also fasting and praying can get results quicker sometimes. It's like pulling out the big arsenal spiritually. I'd suggest that if you are serious about getting better that you find a suitable fast , like perhaps not using your computer or Facebook, things like that, for a time and asking the Holy Spirit to guide you in prayer for what you need. He will help you because He loves you.

Often people go to prayer as a last resort for help because they either think it 1) doesn't work or 2) they don't really believe in God or 3)they don't believe that God will help them. Your screen name is Blessed By Jesus and so you are. Go to prayer and seriously pursue it.

Upvote 0

sidewalkchalk

Feb 13, 2012
✟15,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Blessed,

Also it may be that your vegetarianism may be contributing to your weight gain. Contrary to popular belief a vegetarian or vegan diet is NOT good for everyone. Sensitivities to wheat, gluten, soy, dairy etc. not to mention there is no real suitable substitute for vitamin B12 outside of meat even though vegetarians and vegans like to think so. I went vegetarian and then vegan and failed both because by body could not thrive on the diet. I did EVERYTHING they say to do if it doesn't work for you and I just could not make it work.I read tons of books , visited many vegetarian and vegan websites and read many of the popular books on vegetarianism and followed the vegetarian and then vegan food groups diet plans. Went to a nutritionist, did blood tests and took a prescribed regimen of vitamins and minerals. These things did not work for me in helping my body to sustain a vegetarian or a vegan diet. I gained a lot of weight, felt cold all the time, I had hair loss and was having the feeling of small explosions under my scalp, memory loss/lag, major lethargy, etc.

When I prayed and asked God to heal me of my health issues due to being vegan the Holy Spirit clearly told me to go eat some meat. I did and my health returned very quickly.

I also was anorexic when I was a teen and I know for a fact that many people with eating disorders hide their eating disorders under vegetarianism or veganism. The latter two are more acceptable in society so it's a great fit for someone with an eating disorder. They can hide it and get acceptance.

Unless you have a serious medical condition and can't eat meat or fish because of it then I'd again suggest you go to the Lord and submit your eating habits to Him. Ask HIM what what He wants you to eat. Ask HIM to give you the cravings for what your body needs. Your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19) and you do not own your body, God does :

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies." - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

I will keep you in prayer. I know this stuff can be so hard. Remember that the Lord does love you and He will help you and send you help when you need it. You are loved. : )

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟471,161.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I think what is really caused my weight gain is the load of diet coke i drink daily i must drink about a big bottle and a half of diet coke a day i have tried to stop drinking it but 3 days after i cave and drink its as i feel it addictive the sweetener in my tea and coffee as well also dont help but i cant seem to get away from it at all

thank you for replying and for your help and prayers one thing i need to do is not to go to the pro eating disorder forum , i guess i should stop drinking the diet coke as well

Last edited:
Upvote 0