Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
id like to thank you all for replying to me ...i want Jesus in my life but i know things are stopping me from having him in my life ...there is sin and there are issues that am finding hard to deal with

That is very much like saying you will wait until you are better before going to see your doctor. If we all waited until we sorted out all of our issues before we turned to Christ there would be no such thing as a Christian. There is no need to wait; none at all.

Upvote 0

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Am struggling a lot at the moment...unsure if my life is worth anything ...my husband says it is and i have friends and loved ones who support me ...i feel empty most of the time my husband has to lock everything away to keep me safe am unsure of my purposes why was i born av wasted most of my life because of mental health and the fact i cant work or take care of myself am a failure my mother is ashamed of me am selfish most of the time and i hate myself even more i give myself such a hard time about things and am always negative about myself and my body am obese i have tried to lose weight i have an eating disorder where i either starve or binge i self injure but i cant stop doing this my husband has to lock everything i can harm myself away for my own safety including my medication am wasting my life away i am now 40 and i have no children and will be unable to have any why am i here ? what the point of my life

am nothing ...
I know somewhat what you're going trough on some aspects. A need you to trust Jesus. If you have a talent, or a hidden talent, you must unbury it and do something with it. It might help you stay tuned and give you something you can grasp. I write poems giving praise to Jesus and God. Use some talent of yours, even for a little while and glorify God with it. It might be knitting, it might be writing, it might be simple drawings. I hope this helps. I pray you might be well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Katan

Aug 4, 2017
Merida
✟21,273.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

first of all, I wanna thank you that you share your feelings with us. Its a sign, that you still have hope, hope that maybe there is more than being sad and depressed.

Sometimes God puts us in situations and we think: "What am I gonna do now"? "How will I ever get out of there"? Remember, every helpless situation in the Bible had a solution: God.
It may sound a little strange, but I love when I am down, when I feel bad, when I feel broken. We are vessles, and the more cracks we have, the more light can enter!
When we are broken, God takes our pieces and makes a new, better and stronger creation. He makes us better.
So what can you do? Allow me to give you the advice to kneel before the Lord, to bow your head and thank Him for working with you, for wanting you stronger than ever. Tell Him that you cant bear this weight, but also tell Him that you know that He can! We cant, but He does!

Worship Him trough the things you can do really good, write Him, sing for Him, thank Him. We ought to thank Him in everything: In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (1.Thes. 5:18).

He loves you, dont give up, He surely will hear your prayers, because: The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. (Psalms 34:18).

I will pray for you, but also I hope that you might pray- God loves to hear us, He loves that we give Him our time.

Katan

Upvote 0

Beautyinsteadofashes

Site Supporter
May 16, 2017
Mathews
✟271,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Am struggling a lot at the moment...unsure if my life is worth anything ...my husband says it is and i have friends and loved ones who support me ...i feel empty most of the time my husband has to lock everything away to keep me safe am unsure of my purposes why was i born av wasted most of my life because of mental health and the fact i cant work or take care of myself am a failure my mother is ashamed of me am selfish most of the time and i hate myself even more i give myself such a hard time about things and am always negative about myself and my body am obese i have tried to lose weight i have an eating disorder where i either starve or binge i self injure but i cant stop doing this my husband has to lock everything i can harm myself away for my own safety including my medication am wasting my life away i am now 40 and i have no children and will be unable to have any why am i here ? what the point of my life

am nothing ...
Dear soul, your post makes me want to cry. You are precious and valuable. God made you. He knit you together in your mother's womb. He knows every detail of you, every characteristic, every perfectly imperfect "flaw". You are His masterpiece. He does not make mistakes.
You may not "see" but God has a purpose for your life. You are unique there is no one on this Earth, even if you have an identical twin, who is exactly like you. And therefore no one but you can fulfill the purpose God has for your life. You have an assignment given to you by God. And this assignment is specifically tailored to you. No one can take your place. No one can fulfill this assignment the way that you can the way that God designed you to do.
" ' For I know the plans I have for you' declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.' " Jeremiah 29:11
" hope anchors the soul" hebrews 6:19
Maybe you feel like you're drifting through life. Like your helpless. Like your floating out to sea and there is nothing you can do. Cast that anchor of hope!
" now Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
What we HOPE for. CERTAIN of what we do not see! Trust in Him, dear soul. He is working He is moving! Even when we do not SEE Him do so.
" and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
God works at all for our good. The Good the Bad the Ugly. No one is perfect we all make mistakes we all sin we all have flaws. God knows this as He knows all. And He loves us all so much, that in His mercy, He uses it All for Good. If that is not unconditional love I don't know what is. No matter what you've done no matter who you are no matter what season your in, God continues to love you. ( in saying this I do not mean that we can carelessly go through life sinning and believing we will not be convicted, that we never have to repent. Or that we never have to try to honor God because no matter what we do it's all good. When I am saying is that He knows our hearts. For God does not see as man sees, God sees the heart. He sees our eefforts He sees our failures, He sees our flaws. And He still loves us) He we never leave you nor forsake you.
Seek Him in prayer for if you seek Him with all your heart you shall find Him. Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened. Ask and you shall receive.
In God's perfect timing He will raise you up out of the ashes and bestow upon you a crown of beauty. (Isaiah 61:1-3). Set your hope in the promises His word.
"Arise, shine, for your light has come." Isaiah 60

Upvote 0

Symph

Jul 6, 2017
NASHVILLE
✟90,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing is more beneficial than casting all this on Jesus, but doing that, (especially when you feel like you do) can seem so hard it can seem impossible, and before you find the rhythms of trust, it can even be a game of "What does casting my cares on Jesus even MEAN??" And it's not easy to get someone who is drowning to be able to see in that state. Everyone has given you wonderful spiritual advice, I'd like to talk health for a second.

I've had bouts with depression and my wife has had it to an extreme, she also has had some issues with cutting (but has been free of it for 2 years praise God!) and we came to realize that a medication she was on was causing it. What's going on with you definitely sounds chemical to me.

Something that might get your mind in a state where it can begin to even accept healing loving concepts of God, would be focusing on health. The foods we eat literally do poison us if we don't watch out, and this will throw the brain chemistry off and put a fog in our head that makes our outlook bleak. Getting healthy nuts, seeds, grains, vitamins and minerals, can help put the mind back where it should be so you can actually see things for what they are, not through the lens of despair.

I've had times where I KNEW what to do spiritually, I KNEW God was taking care of me, but I just couldn't feel it and I was a bundle of nerves and worry, and then I realize I haven't been eating well or taking care of myself, and then just getting nutrients back in and removing the garbage puts me back in the right head space and I think "Man I don't even know why I was so worried.."

So here are some websites to look at www.nuts.com www.edensgarden.com and dont underestimate essential oils, just smelling them sometimes helps me feel better, you can even get frankincense and myrrh essential oils, they have real effects and I believe they're biblical! I mean look at the old testament man, they were all about their sacred oils haha

Lavender baths also do wonders, you could sit in a lavender bath and play the most loving praise songs to God you can find and just think about the words washing over you. And always remember, God is outside of time, and His interest is not in what you have done, it's not even in what you will do per se. It's in how you feel toward him right now, we see our life as a long line, a huge series of events, but I'm convinced that in God's mind there is only this moment right now with you and him, and he will consider you a full success if you just have real tender talks with him, every little whisper to him he hears and delights in, you don't have to "make something of yourself" God has made you something all on his own! That's success, and always remember. You mean FAR more to others than you can imagine, even me just a stranger on the internet, I'm invested in you now. My heart wants to see you get better, I'll be looking to see how you're doing, and knowing that you want to get better makes me respect you. So if I, a perfect stranger, can see your worth off one post, how do you think your friends and family feel about you? And if Jesus loves us all more than they ever could, well how much does he love you? We're all toddlers in his eyes, when a toddler tries and fails it's not ugly, it's adorable. God thinks you're adorable, rest in it :)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

am nothing ...
Good morning. I saw your post and then remembered this from my morning devotion:

Morning and Evening
Charles H. Spurgeon
August 5, 2017

Morning Reading
We know that all things work together for good to them that love God.

—Romans 8:28

Upon some points a believer is absolutely sure. He knows, for instance, that God sits in the stern-sheets of the vessel when it rocks most. He believes that an invisible hand is always on the world's tiller, and that wherever providence may drift, Jehovah steers it. That re-assuring knowledge prepares him for everything. He looks over the raging waters and sees the spirit of Jesus treading the billows, and he hears a voice saying, "It is I, be not afraid." He knows too that God is always wise, and, knowing this, he is confident that there can be no accidents, no mistakes; that nothing can occur which ought not to arise. He can say, "If I should lose all I have, it is better that I should lose than have, if God so wills: the worst calamity is the wisest and the kindest thing that could befall to me if God ordains it." "We know that all things work together for good to them that love God." The Christian does not merely hold this as a theory, but he knows it as a matter of fact. Everything has worked for good as yet; the poisonous drugs mixed in fit proportions have worked the cure; the sharp cuts of the lancet have cleansed out the proud flesh and facilitated the healing. Every event as yet has worked out the most divinely blessed results; and so, believing that God rules all, that He governs wisely, that He brings good out of evil, the believer's heart is assured, and he is enabled calmly to meet each trial as it comes. The believer can in the spirit of true resignation pray, "Send me what thou wilt, my God, so long as it comes from Thee; never came there an ill portion from Thy table to any of Thy children."

"Say not my soul, 'From whence can God relieve my care?
Remember that Omnipotence has servants everywhere.
His method is sublime, His heart profoundly kind,
God never is before His time, and never is behind.'"

Upvote 0

Symph

Jul 6, 2017
NASHVILLE
✟90,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was also just thinking about you and you might benefit from watching this guy, I'm not a guy who... I don't usually like most modern pastor/preachers, I've got a few, but this guy is hands down my favorite, his heart just bleeds christ, and he's so uplifting. Might spend some time with his videos there are tons on youtube, always lifts me up!

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

There is a spiritual light and energy that is apart from body and intellect. The old plastic surgeon, Maxwell Maltz, dealt with sad and sorrowful human beings. He noticed that when he would do his tricks with the knife, that the peoples spirit would do a 180. They would go from sad and sorrowful to cheerful and happy. To him the problems were not in their appearance or that they were in need of medicine. It was very clear to him that the problems were in their perception, how they viewed themselves and others. Once the perception changed, the individual changed. Maxwell Maltz would go on to write two books on the subject...

1. Psycho Cybernetics
2. The Magic Power of Self-Image Psychology

I would encourage you to measure the spirituality. If it it rich in...

Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

Then invite such input in your mental processes. If it is not... Full of wrong motives, depression, sorrow, etc... Then by all means avoid it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

am nothing ...
I also have mental illness, if you can't work you might want to study the bible like I have, you'll learn a lot, and I think you'll feel better about yourself.
Matthew chapter 10 verse 29
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father's care.

I only quoted Matthew chapter 10, to show god even cares about sparrows.

I've struggled with some things like what your going through, I was helped by studying the bible, I've studied it 35 years, and have gotten a lot of answers other people couldn't give me.

Reactions: Symph
Upvote 0

Symph

Jul 6, 2017
NASHVILLE
✟90,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear soul, your post makes me want to cry. You are precious and valuable. God made you. He knit you together in your mother's womb. He knows every detail of you, every characteristic, every perfectly imperfect "flaw". You are His masterpiece. He does not make mistakes.
You may not "see" but God has a purpose for your life. You are unique there is no one on this Earth, even if you have an identical twin, who is exactly like you. And therefore no one but you can fulfill the purpose God has for your life. You have an assignment given to you by God. And this assignment is specifically tailored to you. No one can take your place. No one can fulfill this assignment the way that you can the way that God designed you to do.
" ' For I know the plans I have for you' declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.' " Jeremiah 29:11
" hope anchors the soul" hebrews 6:19
Maybe you feel like you're drifting through life. Like your helpless. Like your floating out to sea and there is nothing you can do. Cast that anchor of hope!
" now Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
What we HOPE for. CERTAIN of what we do not see! Trust in Him, dear soul. He is working He is moving! Even when we do not SEE Him do so.
" and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
God works at all for our good. The Good the Bad the Ugly. No one is perfect we all make mistakes we all sin we all have flaws. God knows this as He knows all. And He loves us all so much, that in His mercy, He uses it All for Good. If that is not unconditional love I don't know what is. No matter what you've done no matter who you are no matter what season your in, God continues to love you. ( in saying this I do not mean that we can carelessly go through life sinning and believing we will not be convicted, that we never have to repent. Or that we never have to try to honor God because no matter what we do it's all good. When I am saying is that He knows our hearts. For God does not see as man sees, God sees the heart. He sees our eefforts He sees our failures, He sees our flaws. And He still loves us) He we never leave you nor forsake you.
Seek Him in prayer for if you seek Him with all your heart you shall find Him. Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened. Ask and you shall receive.
In God's perfect timing He will raise you up out of the ashes and bestow upon you a crown of beauty. (Isaiah 61:1-3). Set your hope in the promises His word.
"Arise, shine, for your light has come." Isaiah 60
Can I like this post twice please? :D

Upvote 0

polkaman

Jul 14, 2013
✟57,563.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
hello. A couple of things to remember. First, you can ALWAYS begin again with god...no matter
who you are, where you are, what you are, what you've done....God is ALWAYS there, and if
you think you have fallen, or short of the mark, that isn't true, he is always there, and you
can ALWAYS begin again. God holds no grudges. Even at times, if you don't love yourself, he
does...just keep that in your heart and things will start to come together.....look for the
little things that tells you god loves you, and when the big things come (and they will) you
will be even more happy.
as far as feeling empty, life can drain you. sounds like a lot of stress in your life, and that can
drain you. you need to find an interest in something...any hobbies ? stop focusing on how
empty you are, basicly distract yourself from your empty feelings...in situations like that, things
kind of feed on themselves.
As far as you feel your not worth anything, consider this. Take a $20 bill, go throw it in the mud
get it wet and soggy.......even with that, it has a VALUE.......same if you fold it up, have a tear
in it, stomp on it, run over it with a car, get grease and oil all over it....even hit it with a hammer
or soak it in the most foul smelling stuff you can find.........it still has VALUE.
THAT IS HOW GOD VIEWS YOU....TO HIM YOU HAVE VALUE...YOU ARE WORTH SOMETHING...
GOD GIVE HIS ONLY SON FOR YOU....YOU ARE WORTHY AND ARE LOVED AND DON'T
FORGET THAT. It might not feel like that at this moment, but given time it will.
so don't give up....keep going, take little steps each day.....your husband cares about you,
sounds like the pastors do......so don't feel alone...you can make it.
Talk to your doctor, they can perhaps help, and help you make a plan to get to where
you want to be.
And lastly.........remember, the light is always on, and the door always open at this forum.
feel free to vent your worries and concerns, and ask for prayers....we're open 24 hours
a day, including the holidays !!!
so take care....remember, it's always darkest before the dawn, and while it might look,
feel or seem that things will get better......it will.
we'll be thinking of you.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

am nothing ...
Psalm 113:7 (WEB) He raises up the poor out of the dust. Lifts up the needy from the ash heap;

Some who were out of work went to read the Bible and started to become familiar with the teachings of Jesus. Some who were unhealthy studied diet and nutrition as if their life depended on it. Belly fat was reduced and blood pressures were lowered. Some obese people are not getting good nutrition. Nutrition is something that may be learned. I read the books of Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Dr. Michael Greger, T. Collin Campbell and Dr. Dean Ornish to increase my wellness. I thanked God for helping me apply what I was reading.

By seeking God first, people get saved. Some had no way to help others, but they did not give up trying. In helping others their value increased.

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green

am nothing ...

My dear sister, here's a song for you.

I hope you will really listen to it -

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

am nothing ...
I am sorry you are suffering so much. I will pray for you that God will comfort you, keep you safe and show His love toward you.

• Friendly
Reactions: woobadooba
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

am nothing ...

I am mentally disabled and go thru something similar. I think that's thinking that comes from disability. I think what you have to accept is that it comes from the sickness and is not you or me for that matter. It's a situational affliction of thinking. It's not real and more like a hallucination, so it's imaginary and should be dismissed by us the disabled.

I think you should tell yourself that you are important, to family and friends. Remember disabled people have rights too. The right to be treated with respect, by others and ourselves.

Upvote 0

Robert76

Robert
Jul 19, 2017
Central Ohio
✟7,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

am nothing ...
One of the key words I picked out from what you wrote is "I feel...". Know that your and my feelings are not always the reality of who we are in Jesus Christ. As already said in this thread, you are a precious child of God, loved perfectly. Our value, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. @Blessed-By-Jesus, you are so valuable that had everyone else in the world been saved on the merit of their own righteousness, Jesus still would have been sent, still lived a perfect life, and still died on the cross... just for you. He gave it all, and you are worth it. It sounds like you have a strong maternal instinct and feel your life is without purpose because this desire is not fulfilled. Keep going to God with a thankful heart and continue praising Him for His love for you and all the ways He has blessed you. Keep bringing your broken heart to Him and He will bring healing. I'm not suggesting this is God's plan for you (but not suggesting it isn't either), but have you and your husband considered or asked God for direction when it comes to fostering or adoption? Prayers, sister. God bless.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour

am nothing ...
Dear BBJ

The impression I have from your post is that your problem with obesity is somehow both the source of most of your feeling of emptiness and worthlessness and a product of it ; a kind of vicious circle.

One of the things about that kind of depression, despair, is that we focus on what we perceive as the big picture, not realising that the remedy is quite simply a change in our attitude of mind and heart - of our soul by focusing on the small picture right in front of us

However, it is a blessing in disguise, since once that is understood and the slow, piecemeal, even pedantic strategy for emerging from the deep gloom gets under way, a whole new vista, a whole new life will open up before you, The selfishness and other negative aspects will gradually recede, as you feel increasingly oriented. towards God, your nearest and dearest and the whole world.

In short, like most, if not all, reformed alcoholics, in an appreciable way, you will be mimicking the tactics of the spiritual life, the interior life, the life of prayer of the saints. Atheist, reforming and reformed-alcoholics get round it by talking about their 'higher power' '! But you will be developing your sanctity.

Two main points that need to be 'taken on board' straight away, and can start adopting in your outlook straight away ;
  1. Everything takes time ;

2. Do everything, no matter how small the task, to the best of your ability, doing it for the glory of God.
I suspect that, in your case, a lot of things things came to you too easily earlier in your life, and with that you developed a slapdash, 'couldn't care less' attitude to everything.; things tending to seem pointless.

The first point is self-explanatory, but not necessarily the second point. Get hold of a book called, The Sacrament of the Present Moment, by Pierre de Caussade and read it. Also, The Diary of a Soul by St Theresa of Lisieux.

I believe that one major cause of obesity in the US is the consumption of corn syrup, which is present in many processed ,foods. But here in the UK, other obesity-inducing ingredients are present in processed meals, etc.

Ideally, buy organic. I get frozen, but farm-fresh meals delivered on more or less alternate weeks by Oakhouse Foods and Wiltshire Farms. There is some processing involved, but far less than in the chilled and frozen meals in supermarkets.

Good luck, Sweet Pea (my regards to your husband...!) And remember the old Chinese proverb : A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step.'

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

am nothing ...

The most inspiring friends of mine are these: they are unable to have children, they aren't able to walk and they have emotional issues.
It was these steadfast christians who helped me most in the faith because I saw how they worshiped and served the Lord from their hospital beds and from their wheelchairs.
Others look at them an say they have nothing to offer, their lives ain't worth living etc.

My friends who have no children have "parented" children that are "forgotten", my friends are prayer warriors and teachers of God's Word in their homes and in their neighborhoods...they have invited people into their homes to do bible studies/have church/ prayer and worship services.

When my church had VBS this year, two of my friends came out to help...they served in hospitality. Initially, they were only going to do one of two days they
ended up serving the whole week of VBS...everyone had such a good time!

Your life may be different, your health hinders but there still be ways one can
serve the Lord.
I would encourage you to seek out and attend a god honoring church where the whole Bible is taught and upheld.
We are to honor God in our lives and not give room for the devil to enter in and lure us away from God and God's Word(Bible).

Upvote 0