Not voting this year. How about you?

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I vote which ever candidate is best. Voted for Bush, Obama, Trump...etc. But this year is the first time I am not voting at all. I feel like everyone running on both sides are terrible. Especially being disabled. If I vote Trump, I lose more healthcare and my wife (an immigrant) as affected more negatively. If I vote democrat, healthcare may go back to normal or be better. However because both sides are for things that I find to ungodly, I won't vote at all now.

Some would say you can't complain if you don't vote. I disagree. I'm at the point of thinking "What if I end up voting for someone like the anti-christ?"? I don't want to be pulled into such things. Granted I realize the anti-christ comes from the east. None the less whoever I vote for will compromise to many of my values. Last election I made the mistake of voting. I didn't like Hillary or Trump. But I felt I had no choice but to choose one. I won't make that mistake again.

How about you?

Reactions: Chrystal-J

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Last election I made the mistake of voting. I didn't like Hillary or Trump. But I felt I had no choice but to choose one. I won't make that mistake again
I couldn’t in good conscience vote for either, so I voted for a third party. Little effect, I grant you, but my conscience was clearer. I may do the same this time around.

Upvote 0

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I will vote either Democrat or American Solidarity Party, depending on what happens in the primaries.

Do vote third party instead of staying home. That is the only way that alternatives get any exposure at all. :)

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
However because both sides are for things that I find to ungodly, I won't vote at all now.

Last election I made the mistake of voting. I didn't like Hillary or Trump. But I felt I had no choice but to choose one. I won't make that mistake again.

How about you?
I'm voting. But not for the parties of Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum either. There are MANY other options than voting for Trump or the winner in the Bernie vs Buttigieg vs Bloomberg debacle. I'm thinking of voting with the American Solidarity Party. They are a centrist party that is pro-life.

Don't get trapped into not voting because you think you have only to vote for one of two bad candidates.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,458.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I vote which ever candidate is best. Voted for Bush, Obama, Trump...etc. But this year is the first time I am not voting at all. I feel like everyone running on both sides are terrible. Especially being disabled. If I vote Trump, I lose more healthcare and my wife (an immigrant) as affected more negatively. If I vote democrat, healthcare may go back to normal or be better. However because both sides are for things that I find to ungodly, I won't vote at all now.

Some would say you can't complain if you don't vote. I disagree. I'm at the point of thinking "What if I end up voting for someone like the anti-christ?"? I don't want to be pulled into such things. Granted I realize the anti-christ comes from the east. None the less whoever I vote for will compromise to many of my values. Last election I made the mistake of voting. I didn't like Hillary or Trump. But I felt I had no choice but to choose one. I won't make that mistake again.

How about you?

I couldn't disagree with you more. If you don't vote, you don't get to complain. I also believe that anyone who does vote gets to complain as much as he or she wants, regardless of which candidate said voter cast a ballot for. And like others have pointed out, the two main candidates are not the only ones running. Try finding a third-party candidate or independent who is more palatable.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

How about you?

And you can write in the best candidate. Vote "Sky" this year.
I will never forget both my supporters!
And I'll send you a personal handwritten thank-you mail. You can frame that baby!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not every person here is American.

We have to vote here or be fined, so yes if there is an election I will be voting.

Why don't you vote for someone else? I know you all have more than two parties over there. Maybe its time you all stood up and stopped letting those two dictate everything.

Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

How about you?
The antichrist will be universally loved by all people and nations, a cunning speaker, intelligent and a master deceiver so he certainly can’t be Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump, no worries there friend.

I would never vote for a person who supports removing human infants from their mothers wombs in pieces with neonatal scalpel blades so Bernie’s out. And I can’t imagine a person who actually believes in Jesus voting for Trump, though many believers I know and love somehow were able to justify it to themselves (including most of the elders of my church. Barfing emoji). The government asks you to vote, it’s a responsibility for Americans and one could argue the Bible says we are supposed to fulfill our responsibilities if they don’t contradict the scripture. Go find a Christian write in candidate Who has no chance and vote for it

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As an American I will vote for the person most likely to stand for my freedoms including the freedom to worship as I wish in public or anywhere. Without secured freedom all else is loss. Freedom is scarce and easily lost. Never lose freedom for a promised alternative.

Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
As an American I will vote for the person most likely to stand for my freedoms including the freedom to worship as I wish in public or anywhere. Without secured freedom all else is loss. Freedom is scarce and easily lost. Never lose freedom for a promised alternative.
I like this response for lots of reasons even though I’m not particularly political. 1) you made I statements 2) you didn’t stump for a particular person, instead you shared your own values 3) I don’t see any pride in this just honor. You sound like you may even be a serviceman and if so thank you much!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I will be voting pro-life and pro- Israel.
Point of clarification: do you mean you will vote for a person who is actually pro life, or a person running under the pro life banner because it’s politically expedient.

Because both the likely nominations for the upcoming presidential election have donated substantial amounts of money, directly and indirectly, to fund abortion and abortion legislation. The only difference is one of the candidates “changed his mind” when it was required politically.

Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm voting. But not for the parties of Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum either. There are MANY other options than voting for Trump or the winner in the Bernie vs Buttigieg vs Bloomberg debacle. I'm thinking of voting with the American Solidarity Party. They are a centrist party that is pro-life.

Don't get trapped into not voting because you think you have only to vote for one of two bad candidates.
Please direct message me information on any pro life non horrific candidates because I agree that Christ doesn’t call us to support evil because “they are the only one who has a chance.”

• Agree
Reactions: Salvadore
Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like this response for lots of reasons even though I’m not particularly political. 1) you made I statements 2) you didn’t stump for a particular person, instead you shared your own values 3) I don’t see any pride in this just honor. You sound like you may even be a serviceman and if so thank you much!

Thank you for your kind words. Not I, but my father who gave 25 years in service to this country in the US Army and many more years after to this day. I do fly the US flag along with the Christian flag. America is not perfect but it is free, still, for now.

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whoever is more pro-life will get my vote. For if my vote can help save one child’s life, it’s worth my vote..For no one is perfect but without life all is meaningless...

I think Trump is doing a fine job..Finally a President that loves the country and is trying to do the right thing not the politically correct thing, which is just another way of saying living the lie or maybe better said, the idea you have the right to the fruit of someone else’s labor.......He is in my opinion the best President in my lifetime maybe even better than Reagan..

With a clear conscience will I be voting for Him again..Last time with my fingers crossed, this time with my whole heart, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

I agree with the sentiments, but in order to vote for any third party, that third party must first be on the ballot. Last I looked, the American Solidarity Party had ballot status in no state.

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0