Jan 22, 2003
Harrisburg PA USA
Visit site
✟192.00
Faith
Christian
Collasians,

I would agree with everything you stated up to this point:

As a complementary point, this is why we are told in 1 John 3:9 that "He that is born of God cannot sin". Many modern bible versions (unfortunately foisting their interpretations upon their translations) re-word this as "does not practice sinning", for they reason, "it can't possibly mean "does not sin", for we all sin!!

Actually, the word sin appears in the greek text in the present infinitive case, which does mean to sin continuously...so in a sense, they're interpretation is correct. I like to refer to it as an allergy of the Holy Spirit if you will, where the Holy Spirit will not give you any peace if subjected to habitual sin.

But I see your point

Upvote 0

Achichem

Faithful
Aug 9, 2003
✟1,857.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Andrew said:
The purpose of the Law was to increase sin, expose man's utter sinfulness so that he will finally drop to his knees and acknowledge that he needs a Saviour.

But once he is saved, he no longer goes by the Law, and the Holy Spirit does not use the Law anymore, only Satan.
OK?Lets me try and understand this:

So then who/what do you consult on questions of worship practices, what is good and what is not, or for that matter anything that has to do with God?

The spirit I am guessing, but then I ask, how do you ask the spirit?guessing prayer! but then how does the spirit give you your answers? :scratch:

God bless,
DaTsar

well this is quite posibly the most :scratch: :idea: I have seen yet!You got this from Paul? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Colossians

Veteran
Aug 20, 2003
✟2,700.00
Faith
sojeru,

I cannot TEACH
However, as the apostles did to the leaders i can also SHOW YOU MY LIGHT.

Same thing. Stop playing semantics.

BUT DID NOT THE WORD BECOME FLESH-
The Word was a person before he became flesh.
The law was given by Moses. It did not exist before. And it did not, does not, and never will exist in the spirit realm. The jurisdiction of the law is the realm of the flesh. The law has no application in the spirit realm.

[/i]Isnt the Torah a piece from the word?[/i]
How can you have a piece from a person?

So if Torah and the prophets and writtings are the word
They are not; they are the letter. "The letter kills, but the spirit gives life."

The Torah has no place to CONDEMN me now(romans)- because i have already died
The thing you are supposed to have died to is the law (Rom 7:4). Why haven't you?
Furthermore, if the Torah is Christ (as you say), then how could it ever condemn? "I am not come to condemn, but to save". Does Christ have a split personality?

Your word is a lamp unto my feet (psalms)
"Your Word" = Christ the person. "I am the light of the world".

then i guess Paul was wrong to allegorize the Torah into a person commonly called in kjv "schoolmaster"
last time i checked i knew that the schoolmaster was a person.

A metaphorical person is not a person.

"The Torah, a person, leading us to Christ."
So one minute the Torah is Christ. And the next minute it forgets who it is, and leads us to Christ. Right - I get it.

Now a real puzzler for you:
"The law was given by Moses, BUT grace and TRUTH came by Jesus Christ." John 1:17
If the law was Jesus Christ, then why didn't it bring truth? Hmmm?

Upvote 0

Colossians

Veteran
Aug 20, 2003
✟2,700.00
Faith
4sights,

Actually, the word sin appears in the greek text in the present infinitive case, which does mean to sin continuously...so in a sense, they're interpretation is correct.
An infinitive does not imply continuity. It is undefined.
If I say "I shall go home", the word "go" is in the infinitive mood. (It is not governed by the pronoun "I".) And it implies no continuity.

The bible never speaks in terms of degrees. For how would one define "pratice sinning"? It speaks in terms of state.
The content of 1 John 3:9 tells us that the reason one cannot sin is because Christ's seed remaineth in him. It also tells us it is because he is born of God.
It is evident that the "he" who is born of God, and the one who cannot sin, are the same person. Now in order for the modern versions to be rendered correct, the "he" would have to refer to the whole human, in whom dwells both the old and new man.
But he that is born of God cannot be the whole human, for "flesh and blood shall not inherit the kingdom of God". He that is born of God can only be He who proceeds from God. And support for this is found in Rom 7:14-25, in which it is expounded that the one who sins, and the one who does not sin, being both conceptually in the one human, are mutually exlusive.

Upon the basis of the exhaustive exlusivity of "whosoever is born of God", (he cannot be intermingled/adulterated with a whosoever who is not born of God), any sin whatsoever in the "whosoever" is precluded.

Upvote 0

Colossians

Veteran
Aug 20, 2003
✟2,700.00
Faith
Datsar,

And if you do not use Gods precepts and morals then whos do you use?
No-one's.

I afraid if you then take from the wisdom of this world and not of the wisdom of God, then quite simply you are not being lead by faith,
Rather, if you are using the law, you are not being led by faith, for "The law is not of faith" Gal 3:12.

Did Jesus warned us of this Christianity that was lawless?
Matthew 24:11-12, NKJV:

"Lawless" is used as a type here. Jesus was OT, and spoke using the OT template to describe things.

Romans 3:31, NKJV:
Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

You render “establish” here to mean that we keep the law.
But to ESTABLISH the law does not mean to KEEP the law, for it would say so if it did. Rather, it means to set the law in place, as one does when one establishes an institution or a building. In similar fashion scripture tells us that “in the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses shall every word be established.”
In our establishing of the law, we render its utility immovable, and set in place. We establish its purpose, its function.
Specifically, it is our coming into Christ which establishes (ratifies) the utility/purpose of the law: to act as a schoolmaster to drive us to Christ. So our salvation is proof of the law's effectiveness, and so validates its utility. This is what is meant by "we establish the law".
And to “make void the law” is the reciprocal: it means to make the law empty, and of no value. But again, that our salvation has come about through the schoolmaster of the law, is proof to the contrary: the law is certainly not made void.
Note too, that it is not by faith that the law is established (as of a conscious act on our part), but through faith (as of passivity in the sovereign will of our Lord who placed us in Him, that is, by the faith of Him). This means that through the result of His faith (ie that we are saved), the law's purpose is established - its credentials as a schoolmaster have been confirmed.

Romans 2:13, NKJV:
(for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;

In verse 12, Paul states that those in the law shall be judged by the law, thus reminding the Jews of their fearful end if they persisted in boasting against the Gentiles by virtue of their being in the law. In following this up in saying that “the doers of the law shall be justified”, he therefore presents no escape clause to them, but raises the rod of discipline over their self-reliance, presenting them with an insurmountable obstacle, an undoable task. He does not, as you presume, extend an achievable challenge to them.

1 Corinthians 7:19, NKJV:
Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.

"And this is his commandment, that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment." 1 John 3:23
This commandment has superceded the OT commandment.

I am only pointing out that the law is not useless,
"But now that faith is come, ye are no longer under a schoolmaster."Gal 3:25.
Now that we have graduated to marriage to Christ, the schoolmaster is useless. "But ye have become dead to the law that ye should be married to another" Rom 7:4.
To hang on to the law is spiritual adultery.

Upvote 0

Colossians

Veteran
Aug 20, 2003
✟2,700.00
Faith
Andrew said:
The purpose of the Law was to increase sin, expose man's utter sinfulness so that he will finally drop to his knees and acknowledge that he needs a Saviour.

But once he is saved, he no longer goes by the Law, and the Holy Spirit does not use the Law anymore, only Satan.

SPOT ON!!!

Upvote 0

sojeru

just a Jew
Mar 22, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟1,145.00
Faith
Judaism
The law was given by Moses.

well, try battling orthodox jews, infact, i invite you to handle them all on your own and convert at least one if you are truely with G-D.
go to www.messiahtruth.com and visit any one of its forums.

The law has no application in the spirit realm.
again, try telling an orthodox jew- using scripture- that the Torah is not at all spiritual- and that it has no place in the Spirit realm- OBVIOUSLY- IF G-D, WHO IS SPIRIT- GAVE THIS TORAH to men- HE gave men a SPIRITUAL thing. ALL IT DID WAS BECOME PHYSICAL (sounds alot like Jesus to me- a spiritual being becomes physical)
How can you have a piece from a person?
I used a "piece" for you.
Infact Torah is known to be all good teaching standing right with what was given at sinai- even the prophets are called Torah many times throughout written judaic history and Bible.
but I said "piece" to reflect on the first 5 books and not to get you in a broad point. I took you to the narrow sense of the view.
They are not; they are the letter. "The letter kills, but the spirit gives life."
It look to me that Jesus thought otherwise-
matt 5 he says "the person that teaches anyone to annul any of the least commandments will be the least- and the person who shares and does all of the commandments will stand upright. But if you cant exceed the pharisees practice you cant enter the kingdom at all."

and you obviously forget the promise of the Torah.
IT IS TO GIVE LIFE.
see, another thing you fail to realize is this- Jesus was a human though he himself was G-D.
G-D granted his human side life- How?
because he was G-D? no- that part of him already has life- it was because the flesh submitted to who G-D is.
G-D is the Direction (hora'ah)
G-D is the Teacher (moreh)
G-D is the Parent (horeh)
All of the above words have the same root word- the root word is HOREH (PARENT)
THE WORD TORAH IS ONLY A COMPILATION of all these three words. Horeh + Moreh + Hora'ah = TORAH, So now I'll put it in english
PARENT(ABBA) + Teacher(RABBI YH'SHWH/SPIRIT) + Direction(RABBI YH'SHWH/ SPIRIT) = TORAH

Torah does not mean LAW however in the greek the closest word that could come to what Torah is , is NOMOS- however, try the hebrew and you'll get a compilation of three words.
and you really dont care about this though in its Hebrew there is much much more to be said about every thing.

here- I'll share something else with you (this is out side the discussion- because i do want you to see.)

The word for "truth" in Hebrew is EMETH
now- emeth is spelled ALEPH- MEM- TAV
ALEPH makes the "E", Mem with a vowel attachment makes the "ME", and Tav makes the "TH".
Now, you heard the word of Messiah when he says "I am the aplha and the omega- the beginning and the end"
Well in hebrew and aramaic he says the same thing- but with a little bit of difference.
"I am the ALEPH(hebrew)/Olap(aramaic) and the TAV(hebrew)/TAU(aramaic), The beginning and the end."

in aramaic- it really doesnt mean all that much save for what he just said because Olap/aleph is the beginning of the aramaic olaphbet and Tau is the end of it.
However, in Hebrew the Aleph is the beginning and the Tav is the end.
However, there is also a word in Hebrew that has the same usage of having Aleph as its beginning and Tav as its end.
That word is Emeth (ALEPH-MEM-TAV)

This is only to show you the importance of the original languages and its effect on the new testament and even the "old".

The thing you are supposed to have died to is the law (Rom 7:4). Why haven't you?
Furthermore, if the Torah is Christ (as you say), then how could it ever condemn? "I am not come to condemn, but to save". Does Christ have a split personality?
read 7:14, Rom 8:2 (notice 2 laws- which one of them is the Torah?)
8:4 (the righteousness of what? might be WORKED in us?)
8:6 (it is the fleshly side/mind that will condemn us- this is the torah of sin and death. However the Spiritual mind will have the Torah of life- They are the same words in the greek [nomos]- so how do you know which Torah they speak of? well, the Torah of Messiah is only a summation of all the mitzvot [commandments] into two. all of the 10 reside in the 2 and all of the 613 resides in the 10.)

and no, Christ did not come to condemn at the moment he was walking- However, since you have no idea of any ceremonial things- you have no idea what Messiah did on the cross.
Messiah was the lamb and is the lamb, correct?
to free us from sins- however, he died so that even Israel could come back to G-D since G-D divorced her in Jeremiah. And by G-D's own spiritual path as revealed by the law- He cannot again marry her unless one dies like Paul speaks of in Romans 7:2-3.
and ALL FLESH were gathered unto MESSIAH when he was lifted up. This does not mean that the whole earth was there looking at messiah being crucified- this means that Messiah all ready took us all down with him.
Why is it that you think the this teaching is around, "if you dont accept jesus you are actually at this moment dead-even though you still breathe"
its because of what he did there. He killed all men- because all men were and are guilty of breaking the Torah. So no one could have an escape unless they believed in the sign of the covenant who is the RISEN back to life Messiah.
WHo is a "new" man- and those that believe in Him, called Israel, a new being, can be wed to G-D again.
Or, for the first time:)

now you are the one playing with symantecs here. the word spoken by david is literally all of what was revealed to the prophets beginning with the writtings of moses.
please dont try and avoid the obvious.
its written, especially the one written by solomon, which said very closely to the same thing
Pro 6:23 For the commandment [is] a lamp; and the law [is] light; and reproofs of instruction [are] the way of life:
the word for law here is TORAH, and it is a light as written by Solomon. Is not Jesus the light?
Is not Jesus also "THE WAY" of LIFE and "THE LIFE"
Jesus is not the way TO life, because that would make him not LIFE.
Psa 119:105 NUN. Thy word [is] a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

A metaphorical person is not a person.
however, i have shown you other wise by using the hebrew language and scripture in its connection to christ. So the Torah is a person- It is G-D himself that you read from the beginning of the bible to the end of it.

"The law was given by Moses, BUT grace and TRUTH came by Jesus Christ." John 1:17
For the Torah through Moses was given;the grace and the truth through Jesus christ came.

by what it seems to WHERE you emphasized words- it seems to me that you believe that the Torah is a lie and not to be trusted- sounds alot like the marcion teaching to me- you should study up on him.
If you believe the Torah is a lie- then i believe I am wasting my time and effort and should wipe the dust from my feet concerning you.

Now, G-D is a rod, Moses shows to all the people the DIRECTION and DISCIPLINE of the rod, while here come Jesus, who Shows the people the love-concern and fullness of the direction of the rod.

the ROD DISCIPLINES, yet the Rod has love and is willing that all should follow after its DIRECTION.And so the rod implants himslef within all the peoples that WISH to look at him for Direction- this is the rods grace.

if you cannot understand this and do not care to- indeed, our debate is over...all that read this, no matter what they are convinced of knows that scripture is in this.

If the law was Jesus Christ, then why didn't it bring truth? Hmmm?
a puzzler for you.
So what G-D gives to people to follow is lies, since in your case the Torah is not the truth- then how do you have confidence that Messiah is the truth?

here think about these:
Psa 119:142 Thy righteousness [is] an everlasting righteousness, and thy law [is] the truth.

Dan 9:13 As [it is] written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.

Mal 2:6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.

Rom 2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
Rom 2:18 And knowest [his] will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;
Rom 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
Rom 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.
Rom 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
So obviously, it is good teaching to teach this truth of "the law"/TORAH but if i do not take the plank out of my own eye- what good am I?

think about those above. and then YOU TELL ME what the "truth" that is spoken by John reffers too?

the Torah is truth (as spoken by the psalmist)
so come up with a better arguement. I STAND ON THE FOUNDATION OF THE ENTIRE WORD and DO AWAY WITH NONE, I stand on what is the BEGINNING (GEN) to the END (book of apoc. REV.)
while you chip away at the foundation the parts that do not agree with you- you do not stand on what is the ALEPH -TAV (EMETH/Truth)
you chose which parts of it you like- You do not stand on all that is in between Gen-Rev. you do away with a great portion

shalom

Upvote 0

sojeru

just a Jew
Mar 22, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟1,145.00
Faith
Judaism
Now that we have graduated to marriage to Christ, the schoolmaster is useless.

so if you go to study business and are taught all the loop wholes and rules of business and now you graduate and have a degree in business, you even go for a masters and a phd in business- when you graduate- will you drop all that you learned and not become a business man? just sit at home?
that would mean that what the "schoolmaster" had done for you is worth nothing at all- and he did not lead you to your life of business- you became a "BUMB" with no direction because you decided that you were not governed by any "rules" and that the rules of business were old and done away with- yet BUSINESS STILL EXISTS BUDDY:)

Upvote 0

sojeru

just a Jew
Mar 22, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟1,145.00
Faith
Judaism
the "schoolmaster" is useless now- it shouldnt be renderred schoolmaster but "child master", greek-paidagogos, the one that leads a child to the school master from the PARENT's house- and if the child disobeys, it is the duty of the child master to MAKE SURE that the child gets to school.
So the child master (paidagogos) can use force and discipline to make sure the child gets to school and after school, back home.
if the child strays off the path- the paidagogos can use force to steer the child back onto a path to school or home.
What is revealed to the child when he finally gets to school is this: the child realizes that the his childmaster is the school TEACHER(RABBI YHSHWH)
and he does NOT WANT TO MESS with his teacher since he knows what he is capable of- CONDEMN- [isnt this what messiah will do on the day of judgement? condemn?AND DELIVER/EXECUTE?]
Even more- the PArent is the child master, TEACHING THE BOY AS HE GOES ALONG THE PATH.
He strays, the Parent Disciplines- yet is still compassionate as G-D was always compassionate YET JUST(he did not let his rules remain broken and go unpunished)

REMEMBER, THE SAME G-D forever, from past, now and future.
If its the same G-D and His acts and Mind is the same- and whatever he says lasts forever, since he did say that his word (d'var in hebrew, NOT MEMRA) lasts forever- then its just that!
See memra is a specific word of G-D. This means logic- the mind of G-D. While D'var means in every sense, "word", d'var is just a word
And G-D says "my word(d'var) lasts forever"
He did not say His word(memra) lasts forever- though it does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tawhano

Northland Highwayman
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2003
North Carolina
Visit site
✟48,938.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sojeru Said:
well, try battling orthodox jews, infact, i invite you to handle them all on your own and convert at least one if you are truely with G-D.

I’m not sure what you meant by this, as I understand little of what you say in your post because of the fragmented way you communicate your ideas. I am taking this to mean that you believe the orthodox Jews have all the answers and truth to this topic. If this is so can you explain to me why God cut them off the tree?

I consulted some Jewish Christians on this issue and here is what they said:

Acts 15:6-11
And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men [and] brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as [he did] unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Upvote 0

sojeru

just a Jew
Mar 22, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟1,145.00
Faith
Judaism
hi Tawhano-
yes, i believe orthodox jews have a truthful answer to the claim against Torah.
However, they do not have the whole truth- for they embrace only part of who Messiah is...the Torah and reject his person. Though they have knowledge of Torah they reject who the Torah is.
And "christians" embrace the person, yet they do not embrace who he is- the Torah.

now- what yoke is spoken of?
read ephesians- what wall is put up?
is it a spiritual wall?
no.
Is it an actual wall, like the one that divided the main court of the temple from the gentiles?
no- this wall was never as such.

So what wall was it- well, if you do your research you will see that most of the judaic sects of back then reffered to ONE GROUP as the builders of "the wall" and that G-D's wrath is against them.

Who do you think this one group was?
And what exactly was that wall that they put up- and how this wall is a unbearable yoke unto the jews and the gentiles?

shalom u'bracha

Upvote 0

Tawhano

Northland Highwayman
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2003
North Carolina
Visit site
✟48,938.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sojeru,

Sorry, I haven’t a clue what you are talking about. I didn’t mention a wall so I’m not sure why you addressed that with me.

SonWorshipper said:
Which of the 10 do you feel you have a right to break?

Even though this wasn’t addressed to me I wish to offer my view on this.

How do you break laws that you are not subject to? If you are not under the law then you have no laws to break. If I murder someone I am not breaking a law I am disobeying a commandment of Jesus to love. Everything boils down to the new commandment Jesus left us. This commandment is written on our hearts, if the Holy Spirit is in us. I do not murder, not because it is the law but because Jesus commanded me to love.

Upvote 0

KelsayDL

Seeker of the Way
Aug 9, 2003
✟8,104.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
There are several places in the new testament (in case you no longer consider the "old" testament relevant) that say something akin to;

"...those that keep the commandments of God, AND have the testimony of Jesus."

I invite us all to study those verses and pray about them for insight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Colossians

Veteran
Aug 20, 2003
✟2,700.00
Faith
Sojeru

You personally (in view of your propensity to confuse the written word (the letter) with the Word (Christ - the Spirit), need to spend a few years saturating yourself in the NT only, deprogramming yourself of your Jewish-styled thinking).
The NT is exhaustive of Christianity - it is sufficient on its own. The revealed mystery of Christ is in the NT. God will judge the secrets of men by Paul's gospel, not by Habbakuk, Daniel, or Deuteronomy.

You need to submit all things to the revealed mystery of the NT, and stop submitting the NT to the OT. To repeatedly quote the OT to prove the OT is the authority, is like trying to pull yourself up off the ground by your own bootstraps: it is a redundancy of argument.

Upvote 0

Colossians

Veteran
Aug 20, 2003
✟2,700.00
Faith
KelsayDL said:
There are several places in the new testament (in case you no longer consider the "old" testament relevant) that say something akin to;

"...those that keep the commandments of God, AND have the testimony of Jesus."

I invite us all to study those verses and pray about them for insight.

The faith of Jesus is sufficient on its own, for Jesus Christ is all sufficient. Therefore the "commandments of God" and the "faith of Jesus" are in fact the same thing expressed in different manner, in like manner to Paul's expression of the church in Galations, where he says "peace be upon you and upon the Israel of God", where both "you" and "the Israel of God" are the same thing.
The OT commandments cannot be joined to the faith of Christ, for we are told that "the law is not of faith".
So what are they then in pragmatic form? They are that described in 1 John 1:23,24. These supercede the OT commandments.

God is very shrewd, and has worded scripture in such a manner as to provide 'food' for those who come looking for Jesus PLUS something else - those who do not understand, or want to understand, the all-pervading, all-encompassing PERSON of Christ Jesus, whose name is exhaustive of every facet of Christianity.
In so doing, He separates the wheat from the chaff.

I hope you begin to submit your beliefs to exegesis rather than the eisegesis your church currently employs. We are to rightly divide the Word, letting scripture interpret scripture, superimposing one truth over another, and submitting each to the other. Scripture is not interpretted simply as a non-believer would interpret it, austerely disregarding spiritual dispensations, simply looking at it linguistically, as one does a text book.
The interpretation of scripture is itself a part of worship, and is therefore to be performed "in spirit and in truth", not in the fleshly analytical perfectionist research mode of the SDAs, who disregard the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, and worship their own spirit of prophecy: Ellen White.

Upvote 0

Colossians

Veteran
Aug 20, 2003
✟2,700.00
Faith
TO ALL LEGALISTS

"I through the law am dead to the law" Gal 2:19.

You legalists need to, for once in your life, get your heads out of anlytical mode, and submit your understanding to the NT, not submit the NT to your presuppositions.

If you feel you must obey the OT commandments, and then you come across a verse that tells you you are supposed to be dead to the law, you do not then frantically search for an escape clause which will paradoxically allow you to stay in prison, but should rely not on your own understanding, accept God at His word, accept the escape clause, get out of prison while there is still time, and worry about how it all fits together later on.
Don't worry, God is a big God, and He is quite capable of letting you out from under the law so that you might experience abundant life in Christ, without at the same time denegrating his character.

"Now that faith is come, ye are no longer under a schoolmaster".
The issue is, do you really have faith? Do you understand that faith is not given to assist with keeping the law, but to disregard the law in deferrence to a personal, all encompassing relationship with Christ. Faith and law are in opposition to each other. This is why it says "the law is not of faith" Gal 3:!2

Honestly, it amazes me how you guys can think that the entire treatises of Paul in Rom 3-9 and Galations, some of the most complex theology in the bible, were simply written to mean "business as usual guys. Just keep on obeying the 10 commandments! That's what I meant when I said you're not under the law. That's what I meant when I said you're dead to the law. That's what I meant when I said you're justified apart from the law. Sorry If I confused you: all I meant to say was "Obey the 10 commandments!"

Upvote 0

sojeru

just a Jew
Mar 22, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟1,145.00
Faith
Judaism
hi Tawhano,
this is the answer to the statement you made about the 2 commandments.
go to http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=978208&postcount=8
it was already answered, though you didnt ask question- what you commented on.
The Torah is the name of the commandments put in one- if you wish to use Law, thats up to you.
I encourage you to read the rest of my posts following the one that I linked you to.
alot will be shown to you.

and about the wall- i brought it up for a reason for you to understand the "unberable yoke" mentioned in acts. its in ephesians- when Paulos speaks of Messiah breaking down the wall of hostility.
read that passage and then go back to the post and read my questions and comments again in the above post.
Then we can continue if you see anything or want to ask anything.

but for the moment
UNDERSTAND WHAT MESSIAH MEANS BY WHEN HE SAYS
"all the Torah and the prophets hang on these 2"

if you break shabbat (sabbath) you do not love G-D - every sin and transgression marked there is the noted the same way.
we have to commandments to follow- filled with EVERY PRECEPT IMAGINEABLE to serve G-D correctly.
To the jew- When messiah said this- they understood this to be- "wow, all of the Torah is in those two commandments"
while the gentile listens and says to himself "wow, all i have to do is do these 2 things and I am ok- I dont have to follow the 10 commandments - especially that loathsome sabbath- i have to many things to do."

which one is the better recieved?
the one who was trained from little in its path- or the one that hated the path and heard a "new commandment" that is right up his ally?
NOTICE WHAT Ya'acov (james) told Paulos
"notice the many of us that uphold the Torah of Moses."

and Collosians, this DOES MEAN Habbakuk, Daniel, and the WHOLE ENTIRE TORAH/TANACH that Paul told Timothy to study to show himself approved before G-D (they didnt have the new testament writtings then.) so your idea flies right out the window along with Marcion.
Im sure that even other christians will notice you be the heretic now because of that comment you made.

shalom u'bracha

collosians- i suggest- seriously- that you sit back and learn exactly what the new testament is-
The Messiah of the new testament is Jewish
from the tribe of the Jews- Judah being the cheif tribe and Messiah being the chief of that tribe.
So everything of Messiah must be Jewish (judean- judah tribe like) and He shows the supremeness of that tribe as He is the chief of it.
Judah is also the name of Messiah.
NOTICE
the way to spell judah is YOD-HEH-VAV-DALETH-HEH.
the FAthers name is Yod-Heh-Vav- HEH

Isnt Jesus "the door"?
In Hebrew the way to say door is the name of a letter, DALETH
So in The Father's name - there is the door- while in Judah's(jewish) name YHWDH (Y'hoodah) and YHWH (Yahweh)
now- also in the Messiah's name himelf there is a mystery.
I will restore the full spelling to Y'shua which is Yod-Heh-Shin-Vav-Ayin-Heh
YHshW@H- in there is also the fathers name.
and the Shin always stood for Shekhinah (sheh-chee-nah) Prescence/Glory of HaShem G-D.

So learn about the Door and Glory in which you are supposed to follow- please.
The Mystery is from the Beginning to end.
The beginning is not in Matthew-the beginning is in the genesis.
And know that the NT is a summary and detailing about the "OT", and without knowledge in the "OT" how can one completely understand the NT.
And without the NT we are missing out in wonderful events that Brought FOward the "OT"
Both are needed to understand- they both speak of the same exact things- all of the book in bible is ONE BOOK
DO NOT DO AWAY WITH ANY- Messiah didnt- neither should you.

shalom

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.